Skip to main content

Congratulations Tigers -- great tourney.

Well, that's one DFW team in Farmington -- anyone interested in sending another? Big Grin July will be interesting. Of course, we have to play a few league games to qualify for the state tournament. I think we should finish the Regional Qualifier!

DBAT GM -- a little satisfaction in the win Saturday morning? Cool

KD -- I never connected with your son. I sat with a group that included your other son one afternoon, but NM was missing. I hear he had an excellent tournament.
Last edited by Panther Dad
Pitts is with us. Pitched a nice game yesterday against 17 Blackhawks. Unfortunately we (defense) made some costly mistakes and he got pulled 1 out earlier than expected. We still won 11-6. He's really started hitting and his pitching has been there throughout... although we've been cautious due to some late season circumstances...........
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
I heard there was an unlikely reliever for the Tigers on Saturday night -- with excellent results. Perhaps JAFO will provide details.

Details are just a good team win. It's been a long week and the contributions from every player on the team was just remarkable.

If its ok with me asking . . . who was the unlikely reliever?
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Seems the host team's GM is upset with DBAT. He's quite possessive of a certain dugout --- and lacks hospitality. DBAT GM, despite his gentle nature, almost had to "open up a can" on him. Smile It's hot, the umps are short in stature and temper, and other than the Chandler Gilbert JC coach, the people are grumpy. But it's a great tournament -- WHAT A COUNTRY! Big Grin

Oh -- and 11 pitched a complete game shutout in a neighboring premier event. 11sdad has checked in on a few occasions.
-PD

We had the same dugout problem with the Az Clash. The schedules that the Clash made had dugouts for the home and visiters but when we got to our games they were always in the shade reguardless of what the schedule said. Roll Eyes
Last edited by 11sdad
Jeremy Fitzgerald threw 3 innings of relief for the Tigers on Saturday night -- I believe he was the winning pitcher. Talk is that he had not pitched for several years. JAFO has always been very humble when it comes to JF -- holding true to the belief that this is not the place for dads to promote their sons (and I agree). But JF had a very good HS season for Rowlett and now with the Tigers. I, for one, appreciate the kids that make "quiet" contributions on an ongoing basis.

JAFO -- I know you're a big TEAM guy. I hope my recognition of this accomplishment isn't a big deal to you. I just think it's a cool thing. DBAT and the Tigers are having great battles this summer ----- wish the Mustangs were in the same mix.

-PD
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I think it was one of the outfielders. Pretty sure he threw about 3 innings of shut out baseball. The defense played very well for him.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Jeremy pitched an outstanding final three innings against us in the semis. With a one-run lead in B7 he struck out the side....Slater, Leftridge & Rupp.

Tigers played exceptional ball this past week and all of Dallas baseball should be proud of them.

Third year in a row that our BBI Premier league will be represented in Farmington and hopefully we'll have two of our teams there again in August just like last year.
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
Before this thread runs it's course, I would like to say congrats to the Tigers. Going 9-0 in competition like that is outstanding. From what I heard the Tiger/DBAT game was a great game. Outstanding performances by some well known guys and some clutch play by some not so well known guys. Some bombs hit by some big hitters, and some nice pitching by both sides, including the relievers. Great RIVALRY
game. Texas baseball at it's best.

Also nice job by Lake Highlands and DBAT 17. ALL made us Texans proud!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.