Skip to main content

Bad info. DBAT 17 has a bye in the first round of the one-loss bracket. DBAT 18 plays this morning. It appears that DBAT 17 will play the loser of the Dallas Tigers 18 and Tuscon High School. The bracket is posted on the azdiamond report site -- link included in an earlier post.

T-A-B -- I'm hurt....I thought you might root for the young kids. Smile

BTW -- TK threw a very good game against the Arizona Firebirds last night. In a tight game with two good teams, one mistake can be costly. Our guy had velocity and good stuff. But the umps down here have onviously never seen a good lefty pick off move.

<-- my hair if this wasn't such a dry heat!

As you all know, I don't condone coaches getting tossed from games, but we watched a coach take part in a pretty funny argument a few days ago -- a former major league player (they all know how to argue!) -- who left the dugout with a rendition of the lollipop kids. It lightened the moment -- and the call was eventually reversed -- because it was the wrong call, not because the coach got the heave-ho. Smile
Last edited by Panther Dad
I noticed the bracket said that DBAT 18's played tomorrow @ 2pm, but he said they play the 18's @ 8am. I wondered if he knew what he was talking about, but he was in a hurry and wasn't interested in talking to dad at the time, so I didn't ask him. I'm confused myself!! I'll call someone else who may know and see what's up!!
OP

Good Luck to your son tomorrow!!!!! Hope he has a great/successful day on the mound.

I was there when Chris Bando, Bob Horner, Hubie Brooks were playing and Coach Brock was in charge.

Just missed Reggie Jackson and Floyd Bannister and to early for Barry Bonds.

Baseball games were free to attend so it was great way to watch a game/catch a tan w/o blowing the college budget.

Graduated 1980

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEXAS TEAMS STILL PLAYING. Enjoy Packard Field!!!!
Last edited by oldbat-never
quote:
Originally posted by oldbat-never:
OP

Good Luck to your son tomorrow!!!!! Hope he has a great/successful day on the mound.

I was there when Chris Bando, Bob Horner, Hubie Brooks were playing and Coach Brock was in charge.

Just missed Reggie Jackson and to early for Barry Bonds and Floyd Bannister

Graduated 1980

That's great! Glad to know it! Chris Bando could flat play some ball. Bob Horner went straight to the major leagues. Reggie wasn't too bad either!
I lack depth this week for sure. I can't seem to get a handle on the directions here -- 202 East to the 101 back to the 202 to Sky Harbor......

6 teams left -- 3 from Dallas, 2 from Arizona, 1 from CA

Seems the host team's GM is upset with DBAT. He's quite possessive of a certain dugout --- and lacks hospitality. DBAT GM, despite his gentle nature, almost had to "open up a can" on him. Smile It's hot, the umps are short in stature and temper, and other than the Chandler Gilbert JC coach, the people are grumpy. But it's a great tournament -- WHAT A COUNTRY! Big Grin

Oh -- and 11 pitched a complete game shutout in a neighboring premier event (whatever premier is). 11sdad has checked in on a few occasions.

-PD
Last edited by Panther Dad
The Dallas Tigers will play the CA Renigades today in a battle of unbeaten teams.

DBAT 18 is playing the AZ Firebirds even as I type.

DBAT 17 will play the Chandler Wolves, a team they defeated in pool play on day 1.

If the Texas teams win, it looks like there will be a DBAT 18 / Tigers 18 matchup....along with DBAT 17 versus the Renegades. If the Firebirds win, they will play the Tigers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.