Sunday, August 5 @ 3:00 PM
Home Run Derby

All times are Dallas times.

All games will be broadcast from Ricketts Park via internet: verticalradio.org

-- Formerly Dallas Knights GM

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Was told that AZ Firebirds are unbeaten against SoCal Renegades in title game this morning for West Region. Trombly must have been eliminated. Both AZ and SoCal finished in final four of the AZ WS Qualifier earlier this summer.

In Southeast Region the East Cobb Yankees, Memphis Tigers and Central Florida Renegades are the final three and each has a loss. Winner of that region will face Linty's boys in opener.

Those are some pretty stout teams fighting it out.

Florida Legends won the NY WS Qualifier and other than Puerto Rico and the host NM team, I do not yet know who is coming from the North Atlantic, North Central and East Central regions.
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
  • East Central Region - Midland Redskins (Ohio)
  • North Atlantic Region - Jack Cust Diamond Jacks (New Jersey)
  • Southeast Region - East Cobb Yankees (Georgia)
  • South Plains Region - DBAT
  • North Central Region - Top Tier Baseball (Illinois)
  • West Region - Arizona Firebirds
  • National WS Qualifier - Dallas Tigers
  • American WS Qualifier - Florida Legends
  • Puerto Rico
  • Host - Farmington Storm (NM)

First Round Matchups

East Cobb Yankees vs. Dallas Tigers

Farmington Storm vs. Top Tier Baseball

Midland Redskins vs. Florida Legends

Puerto Rico vs. DBAT

Jack Cust Diamond Jacks vs. Arizona Firebirds
well, if the Jack Cust Academy teaches the same philosophy that Jack Cust himself has - offensively, lookout!

He doesn't teach that squish the bug, cast the hands to get the outside pitch, keep the barrel above the hands, load to the back-swing to the front, swing-level/swing down ****... he is all about proper biomechanics.... if they swing what he preaches that will be a tough game for most pitchers when they face them...

Good luck to both Tigers and DBAT!!
Diamond Jacks were the team in New York qualifier that beat the LH Wildcats
20-12 where 12 homeruns were hit. Following day the Florida Legends out hit LH Wildcats with just as many Jacks as the day before. Let me add the field dimensions at the NY field is much larger than Ricketts. Many draft picks will be scorching pitching in Farmington.

Good Luck to the 2 Dallas teams.
The Trombly Braves registered as a 17U team this year. We are currently 37-3 on the summer and are headed to the AABC 17U Don Mattingly World Series in Fleminton, NJ (August 6-12). The games are played at the Jack Cust Baseball Academy. We are looking forward to the experience and hope to get back to Farmington next summer. Good luck to the teams that will be there.

Here is the website for the 17U World Series

http://www.jackcustbaseball.com
Ken,
Last year our 18U team was the Runner-Up at the Connie Mack World Series. That team would only return 3 players.

Last year our 16U team was the Runner-Up at the Mickey Mantle World Series. That team returned everyone!

In addition we added several players and they all were 17U, many of them only 16.

We played in several tournaments this past fall/winter and we were able to compete w/ the 18U team. I knew that during the summer we also could compete with the best 18U teams (IF OUR PLAYERS WERE THERE). I knew that our team would be ALL UNDERCLASSMEN and that would mean several conflicts including:
Tournament of Stars, Junior Olympics, PG National Showcase, Area Code Games, AFLAC Game, etc.

Due to the various conflicts we would not have our team together most of the time. Due to this, I felt that we would not be competitive against the top 18U teams in the country, but could still compete at the 17U level. Then next year we will have the entire team together and compete at the 18U level.
Last edited by TromblyBaseball
quote:
Originally posted by TromblyBaseball:
Ken,
Last year our 18U team was the Runner-Up at the Connie Mack World Series. That team would only return 3 players.

Last year our 16U team was the Runner-Up at the Mickey Mantle World Series. That team returned everyone!

In addition we added several players and they all were 17U, many of them only 16.

We played in several tournaments this past fall/winter and we were able to compete w/ the 18U team. I knew that during the summer we also could compete with the best 18U teams (IF OUR PLAYERS WERE THERE). I knew that our team would be ALL UNDERCLASSMEN and that would mean several conflicts including:
Tournament of Stars, Junior Olympics, PG National Showcase, Area Code Games, AFLAC Game, etc.

Due to the various conflicts we would not have our team together most of the time. Due to this, I felt that we would not be competitive against the top 18U teams in the country, but could still compete at the 17U level. Then next year we will have the entire team together and compete at the 18U level.

I hear ya.....

You don't have to prove anything to me. You guys are a good organization.

I just had to give you a hard time since I wouldn't be able to give you hell in the hotel lobby. Smile

Good luck at the NIT........ Big Grin

Just kidding........and please tell Hollywood's dad hello for me. Big Grin
quote:
Ken,
Tommy Palica signed w/ the Atlanta Braves. He is a stud and will be pitching at Turner Field soon!

Yeah, he looked like a nice one when I saw him...........

But if Bobby Cox is still there when he puts that uniform on at Turner field, most likely we wont be seeing any "hollywood" acts. Big Grin
Sometimes when you see something from the stands, it isn't what it appears!

What Ken is referring to is last year in Farmington we beat the Florida Bombers on a walk-off HR by Tommy Palica. After hitting the HR Tommy was grabbing at his shirt.........

What Ken saw from the stands was a player acting like "I'm the man."

What was really going on was....

Tommy loves the Big Pappi (David Ortiz). While we were in New York for the World Series Qualifier some one bought Tommy a shirt that said "Who needs a Daddy, we've got a Papi." He wore this shirt under his jersey that night when we played the Bombers.

We were tied in the bottom of the 7th inning and w/ 1 out Austin Romine (2nd Round NY Yankees) hit a 2B. The Bombers then decided to intentionally walk Walker Moore to get set up the double play. The pitcher was LH and Tommy Palica bats LH and doesn't hit LHP well. On the 2nd pitch, Palica hit a Walk Off 3-RUN HR to win the game. As Tommy was rounding the bases he was looking at his teamates pulling on his shirt as if to say..."It's the shirt!"
Steve,

Your too easy............

Remember, perception is everything. We have "stud" around these parts that recently may have been misunderstood.............

But the papers and the fans don't sit in the dugout or go on road trips with teams. So what is witnessed from the stands is the impression that will be imprinted.

Good or bad..........it happens.

It sure was fun to talk about it that night over those adult beverages though........ Big Grin

Oh yeah, do you guys still have that coach that gives rapid signs from third base? That cracked me up big time. Big Grin
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I just don't see how DBAT or the Tigers hit the ball well enough to not go 2 and Q in Farmington. DBAT got 1 hit off of Trent Appleby, and got shut out by Chase Reid. I wish them the best, but my money is on the Farmington host team, or the always strong Puerto Rican team. Behind the strong fan support of the travelling Puerto Ricans, and the hometown support for the Host team, it will be tough to take the adrenaline out of those kids. However, best of luck to the two Dallas teams going out to waste 10 days for 2 games of baseball.
quote:
Originally posted by Lavender and Cream:
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I just don't see how DBAT or the Tigers hit the ball well enough to not go 2 and Q in Farmington. DBAT got 1 hit off of Trent Appleby, and got shut out by Chase Reid. I wish them the best, but my money is on the Farmington host team, or the always strong Puerto Rican team. Behind the strong fan support of the travelling Puerto Ricans, and the hometown support for the Host team, it will be tough to take the adrenaline out of those kids. However, best of luck to the two Dallas teams going out to waste 10 days for 2 games of baseball.

Know your facts, the game against Chase an outstanding RHP I recall the game was 2 - 1. And you don't wish DBAT or the Tigers the best because your team is not there.
Last edited by SWAC
L and C - I think there is a thinly veiled attempt at humor in your post but wanted to point out that it would be 10 days for 4 games of baseball. Remember this is not like the Premier final round - it is double elimination.

Good luck to both Dallas teams. Special congrats to DBAT GM & Coach as I know you guys have worked hard to reach the pinnacle.
Trombly,

If you think I would do such than you obviously don't know me.

I suggest you PM the administer of this site and request the email address attached to both accounts.

You will soon see that they will not match I'm positive.

Because I come on here with my real name and nothing to hide.

Heck, I really thought it was him. Figured you showed it to him and did see it was his first post.

Maybe you should refer back to this...........

"Sometimes when you see something from the stands, it isn't what it appears!"

Wink

Believe me, those around here know enough from my posts I don't fiddle around with a secret idenity.
Steve...

Ken is actually Correct!! It is I... the stiff armed 3rd baseball coach!!

We are heading to Flemington NJ on Saturday Evening... and hopefully we can have a good tournament...

But we are hoping to have a chance to see the DBATS in Farmington Next year...

I was reading this the other night and could not resist making comments after I read that Ken was looking for me.

This is the 2nd post for me... and I am really enjoying reading this message board. For the people that are running this... GREAT JOB!! It is really a pleasure to interact with people that share the passion of Baseball!!

Good luck to everone for the World Series they are attending and I hope to post more!!

Jared
quote:
Originally posted by DBAT GM:
Hey, KG. Hate you can't be here. I made sure to eat a burger for you at the cookout. Seen the DBAT roster yet?

CMWS Bracket & Rosters

Smile

You just had to do that didn't you?

That's alright............you know I love a good prank or joke.........

Your time will come. Big Grin

Have a good time over there John. I know you will make memories of a life time.

Tell the boys I said hello and just win one for the gipper.........
Watch out for the East Cobb Yankees!
They won it in 1999, 2001, 2003, and 2005....
(2007)???

Also, the host team had a very good pick up in LHP TJ House. He was on our AABC team at the Tournament of Stars and is a STUD! He will be very tough to beat.

Having been there in Farmington the past 2 summers it's actually kind of weird not being there. It is an unbelievable experience that those who are fortunate enough to be there will never forget.

GOOD LUCK!
quote:
Ken,
I was joking when I "accused" you of signing up for the screen name. Like myself, I know that you post w/ your real name and have nothing to hide.

That's why I like you............

You talk the talk.........with a name........

See you around somewhere soon I hope.

Good luck to you and your organization.
Predictions

First Round Matchups

East Cobb Yankees------------- East Cobb
Dallas Tigers

Farmington Storm ------------- Top Tier
Top Tier Baseball

Midland ------------------ Fla. Legends
Fla. Legends

Peurto Rico ----------------- DBAT
Dbat

Jack C Diamond --------------- Jack Cust
Arizona Firebirds

Second Round

East Cobb ---------------- East Cobb
Top Tier

Fla. Legends ---------------- Fla. Legends
BYE

DBAT ---------------- Jack Cust
Jack Cust

Third Round

East Cobb ---------------- East Cobb
Bye

Fla.Legends ---------------- Fla.Legends
Jack Cust

Round 4

East Cobb ----------------- Fla. Legends
Florida Legends

Losers Bracket

Dallas ------------------Tigers out of Losers Bracket
DBAT
Last edited by BAAAACK
2007 Connie Mack World Series

Game 1 – August 3, 2007 – 6:00pm

Dallas Tigers vs. East Cobb Yankees

Visitor: Dallas Tigers

10 Trey Johnson CF
6 Jordan Swagerty C
11 Jonathan Kaskow 1B
19 Jacob House RF
9 Tant Shepherd 3B
8 Miles Hamblin LF
5 Cole Green DH
18 Kirk Pritchett 2B
2 Bryan Johns SS
14 Brent Powers P

Home: East Cobb Yankees

24 Chris Epps RF
4 Jason Stolz SS
31 Chase Burnette CF
14 Jarrett Didrick LF
7 Matt Skole 1B
15 Jason Butts C
20 TJ Rich DH
17 Kyle Farmer 2B
2 John Bunder 3B
33 Kyle Heckathorn P

1st Inning:
Top:
Trey Johnson watched a third strike for the first out of the game. With one out, Jordan Swagerty of the Dallas Tigers doubled to center field. Kyle Heckathorn struck out Miles Hamblin with the bases loaded to end the top of the first.
Bottom:
East Cobb took the lead when Jarrett Didrick hit an RBI double which scored Chris Epps.

2nd Inning:
Top:
Dallas Tiger Cole Green doubled to right field to start out the second inning. An error by third baseman John Bunder allowed Cole Green to score after tagging up at second base on a fly out to left field. A single from Trey Johnson scored Cole Green with two out. Jordan Swagerty struck out swinging to retire the side.
Bottom:
TJ Rich struck out looking for the first out. A two run homerun by Kyle Farmer put the score at 3-1 Yankees. With two outs, Chris Epps got to first on an error by second baseman Kirk Pritchett. Chris Epps was caught stealing to end the second inning.

3rd Inning:
Top:
Jonathan Kascow flew out to third base for the first out. Centerfielder Chase Burnette caught a fly ball hit by Jacob House for out number two. Tant Shepherd hit up the middle for a single. Yankee Matt Skole fielded a ground ball to get the third out at first base.
Bottom:
Left fielder Miles Hamblin caught a shallow pop fly hit by Jason Stolz to get the first out. The next to Yankees grounded out to second baseman Kirk Pritchett to end to inning.

4th Inning:
Top:
Kirk Pritchett reached first base and Cole Green got put out on a fielder’s choice hit to the shortstop. Bryan Johns flew out to deep center field for the second out. Catcher Jason Butts threw out Kirk Pritchett at second base on a steal attempt for the last out.
Bottom:
Matt Skole is hit by a pitch to get first and advanced to second on a hit up the middle by Jason Butts. With two runners on, TJ Rich bunted to advance both runners and load the bases. A grounder to third baseman Tant Shepherd turned into a double play to put out the runners at home and first. A walk loads the bases again with two down. Brent Powers walked in Matt Skole for run number four. A ground ball to first baseman Jonathan Kaskow ends the inning leaving three runners stranded.

5th Inning:
Top:
A solo homerun by Trey Johnson brings the score to 4-2 Yankees. Kyle Heckathorn came back from a 3-0 count and struck out Jordan Swagerty for the first out. Jonathan Kascow grounded out to Jason Stolz for out two. Jacob House singled up the middle. Catcher Jason Butts throws down to first after a dropped third strike for the third out.
Bottom:
Chase Burnett got a base hit to shallow left center. Jarrett Didrick struck out and Matt Skole grounded out to second baseman Kirk Pritchett. Jason Butts hit a homerun over the right field wall to score Burnett and bring the score to 6-2 Yankees. A ground out to short ends the inning.

6th Inning:
Top: Ryan Rodebaugh struck out Miles Hamblin and Cole Green for the first two outs. Kirk Pritchett grounded out to shortstop Jason Stolz for the third out.
Bottom:
Kyle Farmer flew out to first baseman Jonathan Kascow for the first out. Zach Neal hit John Bunder with a pitch, putting him on first. A line drive by Chris Epps through the second baseman, Kirk Pritchett, puts runners on first and second. Jason Stolz swung at a third strike for out two. Catcher Trey Johnson tagged out Chase Burnett for the out three.

7th Inning:
Top:
Ryan Rodebaugh struck out Bryan Johns for out one. Trey Johnson flew out to center fielder Chase Burnett for the second out. Rodebaugh ended the game by striking out Jordan Swagerty.

Final: Final score 6-2 East Cobb Yankees
quote:
Originally posted by Old Pitcher:
The pitcher for the Yankees has already had a year of college at Kennesaw State. He was an all-conference pitcher as a freshman there this spring. He was throwing 96!

Brent Powers pitched a great game. Unfortunately we have not faced pitching like we saw tonight at any time this summer.

And the ball does fly out of this park at this altitude. 3 HR's - two by East Cobb and one by us (Trey Johnson) and all three would have been pop flies at sea level.

But give the East Cobb pitcher credit - he was hitting 96 with great regularity.
Top Tier - 9
Farmington Storm - 4

Farmington had a 4-1 lead in bottom 5 when wheels came off.

By the way, the starter for East Cobb was huge. 6'6" 225 lbs I believe is what he listed at and that seemed on the safe side. The Tiger boys represented well and they will bounce back.

Thanks for the PM, Steve. Enjoyed the interview tonight.

Folks, the best site for updated info for the CMWS is http://verticalradio.org/index.php?id=63. Their bracket is updated, they have photos of the games and game recaps.

Game 4 – August 4, 2007 5:15pm

Llaneros 21 (Puerto Rico) vs. D-BAT

Visitor: Llaneros 21

6 Hector Ponce CF
77 Juan C. Martinez LF
10 Nelson Espinal SS
23 Juan Rodriguez C
24 Nathaniel Kellar 1B
8 Eduardo Montesino 2B
14 Jonathan Orta DH
13 Bravlio Acosta 3B
1 Hector Morales RF
30 Carlos Hernandez P

Home: D-BAT

12 Chris Slater LF
26 Joe Leftridge CF
33 Cameron, Rupp C
25 Nick Fleece 1B
9 Lance Marvel DH
10 Josh Wilson RF
3 Chris Tate 3B
17 Wes Starks SS
11 Josh Choate 2B
5 Chad Bettis P

1st Inning:
Top:
Bottom: Shortstop Nelson Espinal hustles to a ground ball close to second base in time to get the out at first. Both pitchers cruised throught the first inning.

2nd Inning: Juan Rodriguez singled to center field for the first hit of the game. Kellar hit a high chopper to second baseman Josh Choate who flipped the ball to short stop Wes Starks, who made the throw to the first baseman Nick Fleece for the double play. Eduardo Montesino reached first on an error by Choate at second. Orta hit a groundball to short stop Starks who flipped it to second for the last out.
Top:
Carlos Hernandez walked the leadoff Nick Fleece. A balk sent Fleece to second. Marvel grounded out to third baseman Acosta for the first out and did not advance Fleece to third. Josh Wilson struck out swinging for out number two. Chris Tate flew out to left center leaving one man on to end the second inning.

3rd Inning:
Top: Bettis strikes out Acosta for the first out. Hector Morales hit a high chopper to Bettis that he jumped for to make the throw to first for the second out. Bettis walked Hector Ponce with two outs. Bettis hit Juan Martinez square in the back to put runners on first and second. Nelson Espinal hit a hot ground ball to right field, while Hector Ponce tried to score from second, but the right fielder Josh Wilson threw a bullet to the catcher Cameron Rupp, who tagged Ponce out at home to keep the game scoreless going into the bottom of the inning.

Bottom: Wes Starks hits a lazy chopper to the pitcher Carlos Hernandez who threw him out at first for out number one. Josh Choate hit a grounder up the middle for a single. Chris Slater went down swinging for the second out. Hernandez walked Joe Leftridge to put runners on first and second. Rupp grounde out to shortstop Nelson Espinal who flipped it to second for the third out.

4th Inning:
Top: Juan Rodriguez struck out swinging for the first out. Kellar hit a single up the middle that short stop Wes Starks who couldn’t make the throw to first. Bettis walked Eduardo Montesino to put runners on first and second. Jonathan Orta flew out to center fielder Leftridge for the second out and didn’t advance the runners. Axel Santiago came up to hit in place of Braulio Acosta. Bettis struck out Axel Santiago stranding two on base and ending the top of the fourth.

Bottom: Fleece flew out to the right fielder Hector Morales for the first out. Lance Marvel grounded to the third baseman Montesino who made a miraculous play to throw him out at first. Josh Wilson flew out to the left fielder Axel Santiago for the final out.

5th Inning:
Top: Rupp dropped the third strike to Hector Morales but threw him out at first, for the first out. Hector Ponce flew out to the center fielder Leftridge for the second out. Juan Martinez hit a slow roller to the short stop Starks who threw him out for the final out.

Bottom: Tate struck out for the first out. Starks grounded out to the second baseman Espinal for the second out. Josh Choate walked to first with two outs. Slater hit a grounder to Juan Martinez who booted the ball for an error, and put runners on first and second. Leftridge hit a double off the wall that scored Choate, and put runners on third and second. Carlos Hernandez walked the catcher Rupp to load the bases with two outs. Axel Rodriguez came in to Pitch with bases loaded replacing starting pitcher Carlos Hernandez. Axel Rodriguez threw a wild pitch scoring Slater to make the score 2-0 D-BAT. Rodriguez walked Fleece to load the bases again. Luis Rivera came in to pitch for Rodriguez after he walked Fleece. Lance Marvel hit a single up the middle to score two and put runners on the corners bringing the score to 4-0. Josh Wilson hit a single between short and third to score one and put runners on first and second. The score is now 5-0. Jovet Sanchez is now in to pitch, replacing Luis Rivera. Sanchez struck out Tate to end the 5th inning, stranding two on base, and scoring 5.

6th Inning:
Top: Nelson Espinal grounded out to the second baseman Josh Choate for the first out. Juan Rodriguez grounded out to short stop Wes starks for out number two. Kellar grounded out to Josh Choate to end the inning.

Bottom: Starks walked to start off the inning. Choate flew out to the first baseman Kellar. Starks stole second base. Chris Slater walked to put runners on first and second. Abel Robles is replacing Sanchez as the pitcher after the last walk. Robles balked to advance the runners to third and second. Leftridge hit a grouder past the first baseman to score two more runs on a single. The score is now 7-0 D-BAT. Leftridge stole second on a throwing error from the catcher and advanced to third. Rupp hit a single down the right field line to score Leftridge. The D-BAT won the game on the mercy rule to win 8-0.
Clemente,

I called him this afternoon about 12:30 and asked him what he was doing. He told me "signing autographs". He was digging it for sure!

I also hope he gets to at least throw an inning or two. If not, at least being there is something he'll never forget. We're really hoping we get a chance to go next year as well, this time with DBAT!!

Is TS getting ready to head to college? I bet he's pumped.
Talk to the boy today as well OP and he said it was unbelievable. Said he was sure all host families were like his, the nicest folks you would ever want to meet. Also said he was starting to master a pretty good autograph Cool.

Like you, hope he gets to toss an inning or two BUT,with or without it, from the sound of things, it has already been a huge success and experience of a lifetime for him.
quote:
Originally posted by thats-a-balk!:
Could and probably would be the last time these kids played each other after doing so for so many years. What a great and fun rivalry this has been. Some of the best baseball to watch.

I think it would be for a more fitting setting if it was in the championship game vs. an elimination game if that was possible.

Just opinion though. And we all know what people think of it around here. Wink
Cameron Rupp won the first round with 6 jacks, Brandon Boykin from Diamond Jacks was second with 4 and Cole Green was third with 3. Each of the ten hitters were given 10 outs. One of Cam's shots completely cleared the left field lights and drew a thunderous ovation.

Cole won the second round with 3 bombs, Cam had 2 and Boykin had 1. Cole and Cam advanced as each of the three hitters were given three outs.

In the final round each player was given eight outs and Cam hit one and Cole hit none. Cam won the Derby and it's his 3rd major Derby win in the last 12 months....AFLAC in 2006 and the All-American HS All-Star game back in June.

Quite a performance by the Dallas boys!

By the way OP....your son got that hug from mom and dad.
This is a Connie Mack World Series update message. Your email address and contact information will never be given to any other organization and will only be used by the City of Farmington to send you these notifications. If, at any time, you wish to remove yourself from our Connie Mack World Series database, simply reply to this message and ask to be removed from Connie Mack messages.

AND THE WINNER OF THE HOME RUN DERBY IS

Cameron Rupp

DBAT

Dallas, TX

CONGRATULATIONS CAMERON!
L&C- I am sorry to get to this thread so late... but you could not be serious with your Tigers/DBAT talk??? You are picking the Host team and PR???? Have you ever heard of the Connie Mack World Series?

Can you name a time in the last ten years that the "host" team and PR were not the first two to go home? or 2 of first three???

I understand you were trying to speak like you knew what you were talking about - but your ignorance of this event shows very easily... stick to what you know best.... cooking?
Cooking I do know very well, and somehow I feel I know more baseball than you too. First of all, I noticed you left out the update for my other pick, the always strong Farmington host team. Second of all, the Puerto Ricans only lost because of the dramatic altitude shift their bodies took the shock of. Third of all, if you will notice my other pick the Tigers lost their first game and will probably lose the next, and I will be surprised if DBAT beats the defending champion Arizona Firebirds. But since you have so much more knowledge than me, I guess you would know best.
L & C I'm sorry your son's team did not make it to Farmington, but why so much malice. I don't think DBAT or the Tigers have ever done anything to offend you?

As far as the Firebirds we defeated them 3 - 2 back in June at the CMWS Qualifier which the Tigers won. Should the Firebirds have their big gun on the mound it will be hard for most teams to score runs on them. They are a vert talented team.

Just for the record since 1959 where redords are available Farmington has never won the CMWS and PR did in 1994.
Last edited by SWAC
L&C-

Any other picks you want to throw out there? I didn't post anything on your "other" pick, the "Always Strong" Host team because the game wasn't over... but for the record, they too went 0-2. Thanks for coming. L&C - since when has the host team ever made any noise at this event?

Without any disrespect to PR and Farmington, there are NO easy games from here on out... will be a doozy over the next few days...
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Farmington out in 2. Frown Does anyone know if the local kid pitched?

Solid picks, L&C. Big Grin

OPson pitched today against the Florida Legends for the Farmington Storm.

2-2/3 IP
3 H (1 infield single, 1 single, 1 double)
2 R
2 ER
1 BB
1 K

Score was 5-0 when he went in and he pitched until there were 2 outs in the 7th. Looked like the coach had a kid that he wanted to at least get 1/3 of an inning on the mound with the game being their last one. There was only a runner on first with 2 outs when he was pulled for the other pitcher. I thought he pitched really good against a really good team. I was proud of the job he did. They lost 7-2 I'm pretty sure.
SWAC, I have nothing against any team in the tournament so I don't know why you keep saying that. My son's team did not even play in the State or Regional tournament to try to qualify for the CMWS. However, my two predictions for the host team and Puerto Rico making strong showings proved to be wrong Wink . But, if Puerto Rico did not have so many players go play Minor League Baseball before the summer, they would have definately had a stronger showing. As opposed to the American teams whose kids are able to go to great colleges if they don't get the money they want. As for the HOST team, they are not expected by anyone to win as they are just there to host the tournament. And as far as I know the host team doesn't have kids from Virginia, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Big Grin
L&C- You said earlier that the ALWAYS STRONG HOST TEAM... now you are backing off of that and saying they are never picked to win, just host... which is it?

As for PR being better if all their kids weren't signing minor league contracts... that is a joke... how many kids this year were drafted from PR??? I'll be waiting for your official list...

I think you are under the assumption that if a kid is drafted and is of hispanic heritage that he is from PR or if he is a foreign "Latin American" player he is from PR - but sorry, not so...

p.s. DBAT beat the Firebirds... again...
Last edited by Diablo con Huevos
Two big games tonight. Dallas Tigers vs Arizona Firebirds 6:15 Dallas time. Both facing elimination. And Dbat vs Midland Redskins 8:30 Dallas time, both undefeated (2-0)-(1-0) respectively.

TAB-
I talk to my son today (pitcher on Dbat)and there is "no" issue with the kid from Virginia taking the hill. The kids want to win and have full confidence in the coaches decisions. Now it's about the team, not an individual.

Go Tigers and Dbat!
I said it before, and I'll say it again, never have I seen such a deep pitching staff on a amatuer team in my life.

It was good to see the bats wake up last night against the Firebirds who started a pitcher with one year of JUCO under his belt.

Midland will be tough, they swing it with the best of them. And if by chance DBat wins, the road only gets harder from there.

If the poster asking about the young man from Virginia is trying to provoke some internal stife within the team, it won' work. He is one of the most liked kids on the team. My son tells me he can tell stories like he was on the redneck comedy tour Big Grin
Winner of the DBat-Midland game will play East Cobb since they have a bye today.

If they lose, they play tomorrow after they rebracket.

Same with the Tigers, all will be determined after the rebracket from what I heard.

Tigers will be tough to beat. Linty was saying last night that Jordon Swaggerty will start today and that EVERYBODY was available.
Last edited by KellerDad
This was sent to us today as their internet system had problems last night....

Game 9 August 6, 2007 8:30pm

D-BAT vs. Arizona Firebirds

Visitor: D-BAT

12 Chris Slater LF
26 Joe Leftridge CF
33 Cameron Rupp C
25 Nick Fleece 1B
9 Lance Marvel DH
19 Bobby Bundy 3B
10 Josh Wilson RF
3 Chris Tate SS
11 Josh Choate 2B
22 Brandon Workman P

Home: Arizona Firebirds

2 Zack MacPhee RF
1 Matt Newman CF
4 Riccio Torrez 3B
23 Josh Garcia 1B
3 Tony Strazzara DH
7 Jake Schlander SS
8 Richard Nisbet LF
20 Danne Quiroz C
30 Brandon Macias 2B
6 Jorge Martinez P

1st Inning:
Top: Chris Slater flew out to right fielder Zack MacPhee for the first out of the game. Joe Leftright swung at a third strike for out two. Cameron Rupp grounded out to second baseman Brandon Macias for the third out.
Bottom: Zach MacPhee double to left center to start off bottom of the first. Matt Newman laid down a perfect bunt to get MacPhee to third and earned himself a single. MacPhee tagged up on a foul ball hit by Riccio Torrez to score the first run for Arizona. Newman was forced out at second on a ground ball hit by Josh Garcia to third base. Tony Strazarra flew out to right fielder Josh Wilson to end the inning. Firebirds take the 1-0 lead.

2nd Inning:
Top: Nick Fleece hit a standup double to the left field wall. Nick Fleece scored on a ground ball up the middle hit by Lance Marvel tying it up 1-1. Marvel scored on another hit up the middle by Bobby Bundy giving D-BAT the lead 2-1. Josh Wilson walked to first and Chris Tate goes down looking for out number one. Josh Choate struck out for the second out. Chris Slate hit a standup triple earning two RBI’s. Joe Leftridge struck out for the last out.
Bottom: Second baseman Josh Choate made and outstanding play on a ground ball hit by Jake Schlander for the first out. Pitcher Brandon Workman blew three strikes by Richard Nisbet and Danne Quiroz for outs two and three. After two full innings the score was 4-1 D-BAT.

3rd Inning:
Top: Cameron Rupp launched a long one over the center field wall to bring the score to 5-1 D-BAT. After putting Nick Fleece on with a walk, Jorge Martinez was relieved by Aaron Rhodes on the mound. With a quick move to first, Rhodes picked Nick Fleece of first for the first out. Lance Marvel took one deep over left for a home run. Rhodes struck out Bobby Bundy and walked Josh Wilson. Chris Tate flew out to center fielder Matt Newman for the third out.
Bottom: Brandon Macias popped out to the pitcher for the first out. Zach MacPhee singled to center field. Pitcher Brandon Workman struck out Matt Newman and Riccio Torrez to end the third. After three innings, DBAT leads 6-1.

4th Inning:
Top: Josh Choate grounded out to second baseman Brandon Macias for the first out. Chris Slater grounded out to third baseman Riccio Torrez for out two. Joe Leftridge started out the inning for D-BAT with a triple to the right center field wall, beating out the throw from center fielder Matt Newman. Cameron Rupp kept it going with a double to the same spot earning an RBI. Nick Fleece then doubled to left center scoring Rupp. Lance Marvel grounded out to shortstop Jake Schlander leaving one runner on base.
Bottom: Josh Garcia hit between short and third to pick up a single. Tony Strazarra watched a third strike for out number one. Jake Schlander beat out the throw to first base and advanced Garcia to second. Richard Nisbet went down swinging for the second out. Pitcher Brandon Workman sends Danne Quiroz to first on a walk, loading the bases. Brandon Macias hit a slow chopper with a check swing to second baseman Josh Choate to finish out the fourth.

5th Inning:
Top: Firebirds begin the fifth inning with Matt Chaffee on the mound. Bobby Bundy takes the first pitch out of the park to bring the score to 9-1 DBAT. Josh Wilson grounded out to third baseman Riccio Torrez for out one. Chris Tate missed a third strike for out two. Josh Choate flew out for the third out.
Bottom: Zach MacPhee and Matt Newman both singled to start out the inning. Riccio Torrez flew out to the center fielder Joe Leftridge. The game ended with a double play taking out Matt Newman and Josh Garcia.
quote:
Originally posted by thats-a-balk!:
quote:
And as far as I know the host team doesn't have kids from Virginia, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

L&C
How do you think the Tigers and Team USA will do tonight? Wink

Well, Team USA is beating DBAT right now. The Midland Redskins is who you obviously referenced, since - among others - they have players from Florida, Illinois, Connecticut and Michigan on its current roster.
Last edited by TRCobb

Game #11 08/07/07 5:15 PM

Dallas, Texas Tigers vs. Arizona Firebirds

Visitor: Tigers

4 Cameron Bankston 7
10 Trey Johnson 8
11 Jonathan Kaskow 3
19 Jacob House 9
9 Tant Sheperd 5
5 Cole Green DH
7 Cameron Watten 4
25 Kyle Woods 2
2 Bryan Johns 6
6 Jordon Swagerty 1

Home: Arizona

2 Zack MacPhee 7
1 Matt Newman 8
4 Riccio Torrez 5
23 Josh Garcia 3
3 Tony Strazzara DH
7 Jake Schlander 6
30 Brandon Macias 4
20 Danne Quiroz 2
32 Andy Workman 9
9 Devin Fuller 1

1st Inning:
Top: Arizona Firebirds starting pitcher Devin Fuller began this loser’s bracket contest by getting Tiger lead off hitter Cameron Bankston to fly out deep to center field. Trey Johnson followed with a walk. Fuller then plunked Jonathan Kaskow in the ankle to put runners on first and second. Designated hitter Jacob House singled to right field to load the bases. Tigers’ third baseman Tant Sheperd quickly emptied the bases by launching a grand slam home run over the left field wall. Fuller continued to stay in trouble by walking Cole Green which prompted a visit from manager John Aguirre. The visit seemed to help as Fuller then got Cameron Watten to ground into a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning.
Bottom: With a early 4-0 lead, Tigers starting pitcher Jordan Swagerty took quick measure of Firebird lead off hitter Zack MacPhee with a 5-3 ground out. However, Matt Newman hit a ground ball past first baseman Jonathan Kaskow for the first Arizona hit of the game. Newman stole second base and then went to third on a wild pitch by Swagerty. Swagerty then tightened up and struck out Riccio Torrez and Josh Garcia to leave Newman stranded on third.

2nd Inning:
Top: Kyle Woods started the second inning by lining Devin Fuller’s first pitch up the middle for a single. Bryan Jones continued the hitting spree by lining another Fuller pitch up the middle. That spelled the end for Fuller as manager John Aguirre replaced him with Danny Coulombe. Coulombe took the mound with no outs and runners on first and second. Lead off hitter Cameron Bankston tested Coulombe early by bunting down the third base line. Coulombe could not get to the ball in time and Bankston had a single that loaded the bases. Trey Johnson hit a grounder back to first baseman Josh Garcia who threw back to home plate to get the lead runner for the first out and prevent another score for the Tigers. With the bases still loaded, Jonathan Kaskow hit to third baseman Riccio Torrez. Torrez overthrew catcher Danne Quiroz for and error that allowed two runners to score. Jacob House hit a grounder between first and second for this second hit of the game scoring Johnson and moving Kaskow to third still with only one out. Coulombe seemed to finally feel some comfort on the mound as he struck out Tank Sheperd and Cole Green to end the inning
Bottom: Designated hitter Tony Strazzara hit a weak grounder to first baseman Jonathan Kaskow for the first out. Jake Schlander ground out 5-3 and Brandon Macias ground out 6-3 as pitcher Jordan Swagerty ended with a very easy inning only throwing six pitches.

3rd Inning:
Top: Cameron Watten took Danny Coulombe second pitch over the score board in left field for the Tigers second home run of the game. Kyle Woods grounded back to Comloube for the first out. Bryan Jones hit a shot that second baseman Brandon Macias went up the ladder to snag for out number two. Cameron Bankston reached first on a throwing error by shortstop Jake Schlander who bounced the throw to first. Coulombe struck out Trey Johnson to end the inning.
Bottom: Danny Quiroz started the bottom of the third by hitting a triple off of the center field fence. Andy Workman sacrificed Quiroz home 3-1 for the Firebirds first run of the game. Zack MacPhee lined out to center field for out number two. Matt Newman extended the inning by drawing a walk from pitcher Jordan Swagerty. However, Riccio Torrez could not take advantage as he hit a ground ball to Cameron Watten who tagged Newman for the third out.

4th Inning:
Top Danny Coulombe started strongly by striking out Jonathan Kaskow and getting Jacob House to ground out 4-3. He then got Tant Sheperd to ground out 5-3 for the first 1-2-3 inning of the game for Arizona.
Bottom: Josh Garcia grounded out 3-1 on Jordan Swagerty’s first pitch of the fourth inning. Tony Strazzara reached first by hitting a high bouncer over third baseman Tant Sheperd’s head. Jake Schlander hit a grounder to Sheperd who threw out Strazzara to get the lead runner. Brandon Macias reached by getting hit with a pitch from Swagerty. Swagerty ended the Arizona threat by striking out Danne Quiroz to end the fourth.

5th Inning:
Top: Dallas designated hitter Cole Green hit a line shot to third that Firebirds Riccio Torrez made a diving stab to give Dallas their first out. Cameron Watten made right fielder Andy Workman back up to the wall for the catch. Danny Coulombe then struck out Kyle Woods to end the inning.
Bottom: Tiger center fielder Jeremy Fitzgerald who had replaced Trey Johnson made a great diving catch of Andy Workman’s fly ball for the first out. Zack MacPhee ground out 5-3 and Matt Newman ground out 6-3 for a quick fifth inning.

6th Inning:
Top: Bryan Johns hit a hard liner back up the box that Danny Coulombe snagged. Cameron Bankston then flew out to right fielder Andy Workman. Jeremy Fitzgerald made his first appearance of the night at the plate. Coulombe struck him out for another 1-2-3 inning.
Bottom: Riccio Torrez tried to begin an Arizona rally by singling down third base to begin the bottom of the sixth. Josh Garcia drew a walk and that drew a visit to pitcher Jordan Swagerty by manager Linty Ingram. Tony Strazzara hit a liner over second base to score Torrez and move Garcia to third. Swagerty got Jake Schlander to strike out swinging for the first out. Brandon Macias worked Swagerty to a 3-2 count before drawing a walk to load the bases. Swagerty continued to struggle as Danny Quiroz also went deep in the count but a grounder back to Swagerty started a 1-2-3 double play as Swagerty threw to home to get the lead runner and catcher Kyle Woods then threw to first.

7th Inning:
Top: Pitcher Kyle Brule replaced Danny Coulombe to start the seventh. He got Jonathon Kaskow to ground out to first. Jacob House hit a check swing bouncer to third baseman Riccio Torrez who threw to first for the out number two. Tant Sheperd walked and advanced to second on a wild pitch by Brule. Brule left Sheperd on second as he struck out Cole Green.
Bottom: Harllyn Griffiths pinch hit for Andy Workman as the Firebirds tried to stave off elimination from the series. He kept Arizona alive by hitting a ground ball single to right field. It was then Zack Newman’s turn. Newman hit a ground ball to deep shortstop for the second single in a row. Manager Linty Ingram decided to make a pitching change replacing Jordan Swagerty with Matt Shelton. Shelton responded by striking out Matt Newman swinging. Riccio Torrez flew out to deep left. It did score Griffiths from third. MacPhee stole second. He then tried to steal third but was thrown out by catcher Kyle Woods to end the game and send Arizona home.

Game 12 August 7, 2007 8:00pm

Midland Redskins vs. DBAT

Visitor: Midland Redskins

4 Jon Edgington LF
8 Andy Mee CF
20 Eric Hosmer 1B
11 Brad Gschwind 3B
14 Cory Farris DH
22 Peter Verdin RF
30 Dan Burkhart C
5 Tom Belza 2B
10 Devon Marrero SS
19 Seth Blair P

Home: DBAT

12 Chris Slater LF
26 Joe Leftridge CF
33 Cameron Rupp C
25 Nick Fleece 1B
9 Lance Marvel DH
19 Bobby Bundy 3B
10 Josh Wilson RF
17 Wes Starks SS
11 Josh Choate 2B
15 Andrew Armstrong P

1st Inning:
Top: A lead off walk put Jon Edgington to start the game. Andy Mee flew out to centerfielder Andy Mee for the first out. Eric Hosmer hit an RBI single to left field. Wes Starks and Josh Choate turn a double play for outs two and three.
Bottom: Chris Slater grounded out to second baseman Tom Belza. Joe Leftridge was hit by a pitch, stole second and advanced to third on the throw from catcher Dan Burkhart. Cameron Rupp was put on with a walk. Pitcher Seth Blair caught Nick Fleece and Lance Marvel looking at third strikes to end the inning. Midland has the lead 1-0.

2nd Inning:
Top: Cory Farris and Peter Verdin single putting runners on first and second. Dan Burkhart got on with a fielders choice forcing Verdin out at second. A fielder’s choice hit by Tom Belza forces out Dan Burkhart but scores Cory Farris. Belza was forced out at second on a hit by Devon Marrero to third baseman Bobby Bundy. Midland increases the lead to 2-0.
Bottom: Pitcher Seth Blair rung up Bobby Bundy and Josh Wilson and Wes Starks grounded out to third baseman Brad Gschwind.

3rd Inning:
Top: Jon Edgington singled to left and got second base on a throwing error by catcher Cameron Rupp. Andy Mee went down swinging. Edgington advanced to third on Eric Hosmer’s ground out to pitcher Andrew Armstrong. Brad Gschwind grounded out to third baseman Bobby Bundy, leaving Edgington stranded at third.
Bottom: Josh Choate got on with and error by shortstop Devon Marerro. Chris Slater walked on. Both runners advanced on a sacrifice bunt by Joe Leftridge. Cameron Rupp flew out to first baseman Eric Hosmer. Nick Fleece got on after he was hit by a pitch. Lance Marvel was thrown out at first following a dropped third strike.

4th Inning:
Top: Cory Farris walks on and it forced out at second on a dropped fly ball in right field. Peter Verdin made it to first on a fielder’s choice and advanced to third on throwing error by catcher Cameron Rupp. Dan Burkhart was thrown out at first on a dropped third strike. Tom Belza struck out swinging.
Bottom: Bobby Bundy singled to center. Josh Wilson dropped a sacrifice bunt to advance Bundy to second. Wes Starks flew out to Eric Hosmer. Bobby Bundy advanced to third on a single to left by Josh Choate. A single to right center by Chris Slater scored Bobby Bundy and Josh Choate moved to second. Joe Leftridge struck out swinging.

5th Inning:
Top: Devon Marerro got on after a dropped third strike. Jon Edgington bunted to get on. Andy Mee got to first on a error on third baseman Bobby Bundy. Devon Marerro scored on the bad throw to first. Eric Hosmer put up three runs with a home run over the scoreboard. A pitching change for DBAT brings Stayton Thomas to the mound. Brad Gschwind went down swinging. Cory Farris watched a third strike. Peter Verdin grounded out to second baseman Josh Choate.
Bottom: Cameron Rupp was hit by a pitch. Nick Fleece watched a third strike. Lance Marvel flew out to right fielder Peter Verdin. Bobby Bundry struck out with a check swing.

6th Inning:
Top: Dan Burkhart went down looking. Tom Belza singled to right and scored by tagging up on a fly to right field. Devon Marrero single up the middle. Jon Edgington flew out to right but earned and RBI when when Belza tagged up and scored. Andy Mee struck out swinging.
Bottom: Pitcher Seth Blair and shortstop Devon Marerro turn a double play. Josh Choate flew out to shortstop Devon Marerro.

7th Inning:
Top: Eric Hosmer reached first on an error committed by second baseman Josh Choate. Brad Gschwind lined out to first baseman Nick Fleece. Fleece stepped on first to double off Hosmer. Cory Farris went down swinging.
Bottom: Chris Slater grounded out to shortstop Devon Marerro. Joe Leftridge and Cameron Rupp struck out swinging to end the game. Final score was 7-1 Midland.
quote:
Originally posted by Lavender and Cream:

OOOPS! But what do I know.
as i sit and watch these games and in my mind think of all the good times at which ever ballpark the schedule took us to (myself and CUson) cause we have been playing these fine young men since we have been 10 years old i wish all these guys good luck in the next chapter of their lives as this one is coming to a close.Thanks for the memories fellows and good luck as each of you move on to that next chapter.

Good luck
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
Linty and JAFO what a great game. We have been through a lot of battles over the last 6 years and the character of your team tonight really reminded me why it was always fun to face you guys on the field. Hope we can continue the fun in the future.

SWAC,

It's incredibly tough to see it end without one of us bringing home the "Crowning Jewel", however the past years have been some of the best ever between the 2 clubs. It is amazing these players can battle the way they have over the past years and still have the respect and freindship that they have for each other. It's sad to see it end. I wish both the Tigers and DBat the best over the upcoming years. There will probably not be another rivalry that compares to these two groups for a loonnnng time.

On a final note the Midland game was probably one of the most incredible games I have seen or been a part of since my short time with the Tigers. What a fitting way to end a storied team run. Scrapping and fighting with every last ounce of grit that they had. My hat is off to this incredible team. It has been an extreme pleasure to be associated with these fine young men and the knowledge that Mr. Ingram has instilled in me as well as these players. I wish them all well in the future endeavors.

I would like to close by thanking Mr. Ingram for the freindship, the integrity, the knowledge and the pure determination and time spent on me, my son and the entire 2007 Dallas Tigers Team. There is not a better man (in my opinion) in Texas youth baseball than Linty. Again thanks to all for the incredible ride.

JAFO out!
Last edited by JAFO
FYI...

All-Tournament Team
1B — Eric Hosmer (Midland Redskins, Ohio)
2B — Kenny Socorro (Florida Legends)
3B — Tant Shephard (Dallas Tigers)
SS — Jesse Santo (Jack Cust Diamond Jacks, N.J.)
DH — Cory Farris (Midland Redskins)
C — Cameron Rupp (Dallas D-BAT)
OF — Chris Epps (East Cobb Yankees, Ga.)
OF — Trey Johnson (Dallas Tigers)
OF — Casey McMurray (Top Tier)
OF — Zack MacPhee (Arizona Firebirds)
P — Chad Bettis (Dallas D-BAT)
P — Cole Green (Dallas Tigers)
P — Kyle Heckathorn (East Cobb Yankees)
P — Seth Blair (Midland Redskins)

Gold Glove Award
Jonathon Kaskow (First base, Dallas Tigers)

Joseph Cooper Individual Batting Champion & Big Stick Award
Casey McMurray (Top Tier)

C.O. Brown Team Sportsmanship Award
Arizona Firebirds

Lincoln Hackim Most Valuable Player Award
Eric Hosmer (Midland Redskins)
JAFO

I would like to 2ND that by saying DITTO........... to everything you said! What Linty Ingram taught these boys over the years will forever be inbedded in their hearts and minds. Whether or not they have the opportunities to continue playing baseball the lessons, dedication, knowledge, respect and discipline of the game and life will be passed on to teammates, friends, children and kids they someday will coach!

Hats off to you Linty for all you do!

Please be very proud of what you have accomplished with this Dallas Tigers 2007 team!

Love ya!

quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
Linty and JAFO what a great game. We have been through a lot of battles over the last 6 years and the character of your team tonight really reminded me why it was always fun to face you guys on the field. Hope we can continue the fun in the future.

SWAC,

It's incredibly tough to see it end without one of us bringing home the "Crowning Jewel", however the past years have been some of the best ever between the 2 clubs. It is amazing these players can battle the way they have over the past years and still have the respect and freindship that they have for each other. It's sad to see it end. I wish both the Tigers and DBat the best over the upcoming years. There will probably not be another rivalry that compares to these two groups for a loonnnng time.

On a final note the Midland game was probably one of the most incredible games I have seen or been a part of since my short time with the Tigers. What a fitting way to end a storied team run. Scrapping and fighting with every last ounce of grit that they had. My hat is off to this incredible team. It has been an extreme pleasure to be associated with these fine young men and the knowledge that Mr. Ingram has instilled in me as well as these players. I wish them all well in the future endeavors.

I would like to close by thanking Mr. Ingram for the freindship, the integrity, the knowledge and the pure determination and time spent on me, my son and the entire 2007 Dallas Tigers Team. There is not a better man (in my opinion) in Texas youth baseball than Linty. Again thanks to all for the incredible ride.

JAFO out!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.