Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I like this topic, I think its a good way to get some more names mentioned. The two guys I played with who are now seniors at Glenbrook South and who will I hope fill a leadership role and have great years are outfielder Scott Seidman a Left handed hitter with some power and Jim Deschamps P/3B/1B. Also GBS has got new field with a high wall like 20 feet, but still a short porach in right I think its like 302' so some of the other lefties on the team like Steve Luft and Jack Doron may get a few HRs this year even though they are not power hitters.
catcher Flanagan lyons township
of. Considine oak park
of .Hart Oak park
of. ronosky L.t.
c. Weiss Naperville Central.
2b. Bromann GlenBard West.
of.Finn Glenbard South.
of.Jurkovic Glenbard South.
of.Mckay Willowbrook
1b.Mahler L.t.
1b.Gawenda L.t.
ss.Portchy Hinsdale Central.
of/c.Bisnette Hinsdale Central.
3b.Lee naperville Central.
of. T.Johnson Montini.
c. Wasilowski Montini.
of.Dore St.Ignautis.
3b.Mennen Naperville Central.
3b. Fletcher St.Charles.
P. Binder Hinsdale Central.
of.Mcfolling Oak Park.
P.Dennehey Oak Park.
c.Ehrlic Bartlett
2b.Gryzwa.St.Ignatius.
of.Webster,Glenbard West
2b.Lind Hinsdale Central.
of.Maritta Riverside Brookfield
2b.McCormack Downers North
of.Karn Lockport
p.Novack Lockport
Last edited {1}
linedrive11......

I love your list!!! clap

Most of those kids on your list I have seen play, or at least hit in game situations.

Ronovsky, McKay, Mahler, Hart, Mc Folling, Finn, Erlich, Portchy, Considine, Binder (Hins. Cent.), Dore, Bisnette, all underrated!!! One young man who I didn't see on your list, and maybe you just forgot, is this speedster from Glenbard West, Ryan Chibucos. I heard he ran a 3.7, home-to-first!! Nothing like speed on the bases, don't you think?

"You observe a lot by watching."
Boomer-

I agree!! Speed kills. On the base paths, there is nothing more devastating than a pesky and alert baserunner that can flat out fly!! pull_hair Not only is it free bases, but it can really rattle a pitcher! Wow, 3.7 though- that is flat out unreal, someone sign him a pro-contract baby! Eek My high school team to beat this year in Illinois though has to be Lockport- WOW they have some depth and skills to boot! thumb

Friendly Fan
The Beloved Strategist
FriendlyFan39.....

I agree with you and Beenthere, Lockport is definitely in the mix this coming year.

Some other schools to look at are Glenbard West and OPRF. Then you always have St.Ignatius, Sandburg, LT, Providence, you know who the rest of the schools are.

PLEASE.......don't take it personal that I didn't include your school!!!! I didn't get to see many games last season, and I know there are many other great teams out there. I'm sure that those other teams will be contenders.

bull
the senior part about your post isnt very important in my opinion, more important I think is the experience, and seniors dont necessarily mean experience. for instance the Ignatius starting 8 position players have 14 past years of varisty experience split between them, only 3 seniors. I would take the 8 players with 14 years of experience and only 3 of them being seniors, over 8 seniors with 8 years of experience. again this is in my opinion. Good luck when the year comes around.

john j

Last edited {1}
glover
i have to agree with you, I saw oprf a few times last year and they seemed to play for themselves to much but if they get that together than not many teams are going to beat them. LT was very good at the team ball, that and it doesnt hurt having all the talent they did, both is needed to win. providence last year had just as much talent as anyone in state, but they werent "a great team" and I personally believe it was because they did not play like a team.

john j
glover
i have to agree with you, I saw oprf a few times last year and they seemed to play for themselves to much but if they get that together than not many teams are going to beat them. LT was very good at the team ball, that and it doesnt hurt having all the talent they did, both is needed to win. providence last year had just as much talent as anyone in state, but they werent "a great team" and I personally believe it was because they did not play like a team.

john j
JohnJ, Glover,

I have to agree with you guys. OPRF has some really good talent. I am a serious fan having played there myself. I hope coach Ledbetter can find a way to bring these guys together for a common goal of winning the state championship. To do so you must put personal interest aside and play as a team. I have seen some extremely talented teams bow out very early in the single elimination tournament. Coach Ledbetter's first team at OPRF was a team that on paper had no business ending up where they did(second in state). But I can tell you as an insider who was on the staff that year, they had leaders who's heads were in the right place. They played to the game the way it is supposed to be played (in my humble opinion). They played with hustle, personal sacrifice, persistence, optimism, and plenty of heart.

They were also a very good comeback team who learned to "chip away" when down. Not swing for the fence to get it all back at once. Had they done that I guarantee the result would have been very different.

I hope every coach and every player has an opportunity to be with a team that creates that type of environment. There are very few things in life that are better. Unfortunately, to create that sort of team environment a coach has to convince his players to take a leap of faith and sacrifice for each other. That is not easy to do.

Great sculptors create their masterpieces by chipping away small pieces of rock with a chisel not slamming with a slege hammer.
Everybody has to watch out for Richards, being led by All Area Of Druktenis / All State OF Smith / and All Area Carden (when he was a soph, didnt play as a jr) Richards plays in probably the easiest conference in the world yet there non conference schedule is 1 of the toughest in the state. Druktenis will throw up better than his Jr. stats this spring and Smith will do the same, THEY ARE GUNNA SHOCK THE WORLD
Look it up - Brian Smith was an All State Outfielder , he also went 10-1 with a 1.8 ERA
thats not to shabby - he knocked off top ranked Provi and Br. Rice with ease
Danny S. a transfer from Rita hit a well.400 as a junior and soo did JR Guzzo
Bergman keeps us strong up the middle
there are many well known players in the area on the team - with the loss of only 1 starter . local teams should look out
HaHa, thats funny Hotsmitty30!
Just asa you expect them to put up 60 homeruns, I expect Crete-Monee to go undefeated this coming season. And another thing, I garuntee when Richards plays SICA WEST teams this year they will be murdered and I can't wait to see what Lockport does to you, not to say Crete is going to beat them by no means, but you are getting a little cocky considering practices havn't even started yet. But I guess you are right we will all have to wait and see, but more than likley you wont be typing on this board about the power house Richards.
HotSmitty30.....

I did some research and found that Brian Smith did have an exceptional year.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did he get any good write-ups in the local papers last season? There must be other 'top' players out there that should get credit for their performances, or at least be followed more closely this coming year.

Why didn't Carden play as a junior if he was All-Area as a sophomore?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.