Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

NO PARTICULAR ORDER BEST 16 year old teams
DALLAS MUSTANGS
DALLAS TIGERS
FORT WORTH CATS
MCKINNEY MARSHALLS
ARLINGTON A'S

I know the Mustangs and cats played in 15 year old aabc world series in owasso last year. the mustangs won it all.

I know the tigers, marshalls, and a's all played in world series, but not sure how they did.
we are right in the middle of an exciting high school baseball season and you guys are talking about 15 and 16 summer teams???????

You should be out cheering on your local high school team.

There are some great races getting ready to unfold lets talk about some of those topics..

come on guys the summer will be here soon so sit back and root your local high school teams on...
Kirk, PD

By no means do I have any dis-respect for your team, you guys have a tremendous pitching staff and defense capable of winning any tournament at any venue... "I feel" that the Tigers while not as deep in pitching as you guys has an offense will carry them further, especially in woodbat tourneys.

I will refrain from comment on the Blackhawks Big Grin
This is the last I'll say about the 17U DBAT vs. 17U Tigers. Whenever these teams play eachother, and both teams play to their ability, the game will come down to the last inning. If one team is up on the other, both teams have enough offense to get themselves back in the ball game in a heart-beat. As a pitcher, I know some of the DBAT hitters pretty well from over the years, and I'm still trying to find one I'd "want" to face. All I must say is if/when we play this year, I hope we have more than 10 people on our team!
John -- I am not entering this debate....yet. The Dallas Tigers website includes a 2008 roster with 10 players, at least 2 of them will not be playing for the team this summer. So, you're assessment of the superiority of their offense is based on 8 players -- or do you have inside scoop? Cool

Likewise the DBAT 17 roster has not been posted. Maybe both teams have a few surprises up their sleeves.

I try to stay away from premature evaluations. Wink (read that right)

-PD
I don't know a whole lot about these 16U teams, but I do know that one team, the Mustangs 16U, has picked up a very good player in Longview Pine Tree's David Perkins.

David is a sophomore for Pine Tree and hits in the #3 spot where he has been hitting from since last year - his freshman year. That's pretty good for a young player starting as a freshman for a very good 4A (currently #4 in the state) team.

David is a very strong kid who loves to hit - hard and often. The Mustangs are very lucky to get him. I was hoping the Tigers would get him. Gustavson is very good about finding players no matter where he has to look to get them.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.