Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Three Bagger:
My son Jordan Chovanec, centerfielder on 2A Industrial High School in Vanderbilt, TX just committed to perennial DII championship contender Delta State in Mississippi. White Sox scout attending Perfect Game's South Top Prospect showcase in Mckinney got the ball rolling!

Very, very cool... we oftentimes hear about 5A and 4A commitments... glad to hear others are having success as well!

Signed,

A former class "B" graduate
quote:
Originally posted by catcher:
All of UNM's home games are played at AAA Isotopes Park. IMO, I have to give the nod to them as having the best park in D1 baseball.

While in NM, go to Blakes Lottaburger and order a double-double with green chiles... Red Face

Catcher, FYI, the Air Force Academy is going to play all of their home games at the AAA Sky Sox park in Colorado Springs next year while they build a new stadium.
Sky Sox Park is pretty nice also.
quote:
Originally posted by bball71tx:
quote:
Originally posted by catcher:
All of UNM's home games are played at AAA Isotopes Park. IMO, I have to give the nod to them as having the best park in D1 baseball.

While in NM, go to Blakes Lottaburger and order a double-double with green chiles... Red Face

Catcher, FYI, the Air Force Academy is going to play all of their home games at the AAA Sky Sox park in Colorado Springs next year while they build a new stadium.
Sky Sox Park is pretty nice also.

BB is donating most of the funds for Air Force's new statdium and they have agreed to call it

The Tater Salad Ballpark...
Posted by a TCU fan on the Rivals.com message board:

Baseball America's #3 prospect for the high school class of 2009 has committed to TCU.

The issue now is going to be trying to get him to come to TCU instead of to the MLB.

Purke is a left-handed pitcher out of Spring, Texas (home of Josh Beckett and former TCU pitcher Sam Demel). He went 12-1 last season and is 6'3" 175 lbs. He played in both the Aflac and Under-Armour all-american games.

If we can somehow get Purke on campus our pitching will be extremely solid. We already have a very great group, this would just add to it.
Agree Jerry,

Congrats to David Walsh!

Anyone looking to stay local and possibly be a contributor immediately, UTA might be a good option.
With so many seniors, the opportunities for younger players to get playing time early will be there. The level of competition they play year in and year out is also a big plus. And last but not least, Coach Thomas and his staff are truly some of the good guys around.
quote:
Originally posted by bball71tx:
quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
Congrats to Jon McManemin! (A talented young man who I believe was actually a member of the Marshals last summer)

Nope, he was on the Dallas Mustangs #1 17yr old team last summer

Congratulations Jon, We are very happy for you and you are very deserving.
WE wish you the best.

J. Mac played for Zach Randle of the Mustangs. He had a great year too. Classy young man and good family...

We wish him the best. Lil Mav is looking at North Central too...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.