Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:
Coach, on the broadcast last night (before we broke the losing streak at 8), it was mentioned that the last time the Cards lost 9 in a row was the '70's. You remember the Cards of the '70's, don't you? (shudder)

OHHHHH yes, I remember. Painful memories! If management doesn't address pitching, we're in some big trouble. BIG TROUBLE! Those Metropolitans just might get themselves into the World Series while our Cardinals book Tee Times.
Dad.. Yea, thatts what i was hopin to do. lol but so far it hasnt worked...no suprise tho, they are from NY. Yesterday i saw the craziest thing and i took a pic of it on my phone just cause how crazy it was...Detroit Tiger hats in a sporting good store in Atlanta..They almost had as many Tiger hats as they did Brave hats! ha i love it.
soxnole

You had better pay attention

Of the three AL teams you name only one is in first place right now

I don't think you undertstand --what a team did previously does not matter today--it is where you are today that counts this year--not winning or losing last year--

Also WORLDS CHAMPS is a misnomer since Canada and USA do not contstitute the world
Last edited by TRhit
Thats right, Can we say Tigers!!! does anybody think Todd Jones is a good closer? No offense to him, and i realize he gets the job done, but when it matters would you want him in the 9th of game 7 WS?

Oh yea back to the topic..Mets are doin really good, but will they hold on after the All-Star break? and the same with the Tigers?
Last edited by KayMart4
It's my contention that when it comes to the the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, what the New York Yankees did last year - and every year before - matters a lot to every team out there. It matters in today's game, it will matter tomorrow. It mattered in December, in spring training, it mattered draft day and it will matter shortly after the all star break. It matters to the players, the manager, the coaches and the g.m.'s.

Every team plays today's game to win today. That's a given. But that's just a small snapshot of the overall picture. Heck - there's some guy with every team who is right now working his laptop to death - plugging in every possible scenario and contemplating every possible angle that will give them a shot at three teams in October - the current AL leader, the current NL leader nad the New York Yankees.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.