Skip to main content

first off, if you have seen Northwest, they aren't going to playoffs... I have seen them and Keller Central about 3 times each (jst in tourneys)... neither are going post season... they each have a few kids that can play - but from top to bottom over 12-14 games, in that district, no way.

Fossil Ridges #3 pitcher is 86-90 and has signed with Vernon JC.. so top two must be pretty good... Ridge just knocked off Coppell...

SLC and Coppell are always good as is Keller.

Keller looked like a "down year" type team when I saw them a couple of weeks ago - but a down year usually makes the playoffs at Keller... will be a little tougher with Guyer playing as well as they are so far...

Fighting for the four playoff spots:
Coppell
Guyer
Keller
K. Fossil Ridge
SLC

No chance:
Northwest
K. Central
Saginaw

Best teams I have seen this year:
Colleyville Heritage
Weatherford
Fossil Ridge

Of course I was in Calif over the break visiting family and nephew's high school team got beat by the best team I have seen in years:
Valencia Vikings from Valencia, CA. WOW!

but I try and stay out of Dallas so I don't know a thing about their schools......
April 10 schedule:
Northwest 0 @ Southlake Carroll 2
Coppell 1 @ Keller Fossil Ridge 2
Keller 11 @ Saginaw 2
Keller Central 2 @ Denton Guyer 12

District Standings as of 4/12
Southlake Carroll........8-2
Fossil Ridge.............7-3
Coppell..................6-4
Denton Guyer.............6-4
Keller...................6-4
Northwest................5-5
Keller Central...........2-8
Saginaw..................0-10
Last edited by AGDAD19
quote:
Originally posted by threeboysdad:
quote:
Originally posted by beisbol101:
I'll try,

Fossil Ridge
Southlake
Denton Guyer
Northwest

Well I think you may have 3 of the 4 but Northwest will not be one of them. Coppell or Central should be in the running.

At least I thought Coppell would be in the running but completely blew Central.
quote:
Originally posted by Pro Source Dad:
Can't wait for the first round of playoffs vs. District 8-5A. I would argue that both of these districts have teams that could go several rounds deep in the playoffs. This area has several highly ranked teams that should make it to the Region 1 finals.

Should be fun!! Just unfortunate that these two districts play the schedules they have in their respective districts and have to face each other first round. Sure would like to see this as a second or third round match up instead
Well, 7-5A took it on the chin last night vs. 8-5A by going 1-3. Do the 3 teams that lost bounce back after tonight?

I'm betting that Southlake will be able to scratch out a win, and if Coppell can win, what a great set of games at Grapevine High School tomorrow. If this happens, it will be sort of like a HS baseball version of HS football playoff games at Cowboy Stadium.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.