Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think some sort of resistance - tires, parachute, sled - is going to benefit you as long as you are working technique and have a stopwatch ready.  Those three together will make you a faster runner.

I wouldn't use the tires on the field because it's going to probably cause unnecessary wear and tear on your field.  It will push dirt out of the path of the tire and into the lip of the infield grass.  I wouldn't use the OF either because you will probably wear the grass out.  Find a side / auxiliary field to do this.

Quick first step and start speed are from "twitch" muscle development, dragging a tire or parachute will help develope overall speed but will not enhance/build twitch muscle. you can do some research, their are several exercises/training methods to increase/enhance twitch muscle out there, most are developed around explosive movment. I would talk to a local trainer.

sowilson,

I've seen it. Has some good stuff in there as well! There is more to speed training than resisted and assisted starts and harness training (absolute strength, rate of force production training, technique drills, arm patterns, hip activation, hurdle drills etc etc etc)....in which my article above is only on Harness Training, nothing more, hence the title Harness Protocols. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.