Skip to main content

Roger Clemens found not guilty on all 6 counts of lying to Congress about steroids.

Background:
quote:
Roger Clemens is charged with three counts of making false statements, two counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of Congress. Clemens faces these charges for telling the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform that he did not use steroids or human-growth hormone while playing in the major leagues, and also for making misleading statements during his investigation.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
Great news.

Let's look at a list of names of the RC naysayers!

Can we put it next to the list of the OJ naysayers?

Even though it doesn't always work that way our justice system is designed to let the guilty walk to make sure that we don't convict an innocent person. As far as our justice system goes even though IMO OJ did it and IMO Clemens juiced I believe this is our justice system working as designed.

IMO, Bonds was a juicer but if Clemens got off scot free then Bonds should've gotten off scot free.
Last edited by CADad
Clemens was my son and my favorite pitcher as he was growing up. Loved to watch him pitch. When all this came out it was hard to see his name implicated, along with many other popular players.

He may have been cleared today of all the charges and just might make it into the HOF now. But the part that I can't get past is his own teammate, AP, saying he saw Roger take them. (or something to that effect).

Court of public opinion.
Let's see, the man was accused of...gasp..."lying to Congress".

Those folks lie, or at least deceive and distort, to each other almost daily-hiding motives, hiding connections, pushing bills for special interests that have donated money, refusing to acknowledge anyone in the opposite party has an idea even worth of spit....and we indict someone...anyone...for "lying" to them? Seems to me Clemens probably did what the congressional folks pretty much do daily.

In medical malpractice cases, doctors don't have to practice perfect medicine, just do what the ordinary physician would have done in the same circumstances. This is called the "Standard of Care". Seems to me Clemens met that. Very sad but true. Integrity is often times hard to find in politics.

How could any jury take seriously a charge of "Lying to Congress"?
quote:
Originally posted by seattlestars16:
This was just a clear message to the government to pay attention to more important matters not a vindication of the roidmonster.

Nahhh. This was a message that the defense attorneys did a better job than the prosecutors.

The government will continue to prosecute for lying under oath regardless of the subject matter.
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy03:
quote:
Originally posted by seattlestars16:
This was just a clear message to the government to pay attention to more important matters not a vindication of the roidmonster.

Nahhh. This was a message that the defense attorneys did a better job than the prosecutors.

The government will continue to prosecute for lying under oath regardless of the subject matter.

agree 100%!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.