Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by RMMTX101:
Congrats FD and the Summit team. Good luck on the toss Saturday and in the playoffs.

We took care of our business Friday night to avoid the nightmare of having to play today.

However, my string of losing coin flips continues!!! That is OK though, we are in the tournament and that is all we can ask for. I like the way we are playing going in, especially with the big come back win Tuesday over Mansfield and banging out 14 runs on 20 hits last night. We have 4 kids throwing the ball well. If we can get 1 more throwing it well, we could be playing a while ( I know, EP Socorro will be waiting for the winner of our series in the 2nd round).

We beat Midland in the Lubbock tournament 4-3. It was a good game with 1 of their 2 best against my sophomore lefty. We did not have RB in the line up because he got hurt the game before. RB had 4 hits last night including 2 doubles. Got to watch them 2 other times in that tournament so I feel like we know alot about them.

I want to wish the best of luck to the other 3 teams in our district in the playoffs. All our coaching staffs do a great job and we have all scouted our playoff opponents several times.
Well, after over 12 hours on the road yesterday, the McKinney Christian Mustangs gave all they had but fell short in their first baseball play-off game ever. It was a great year and I am very proud of the boys and how they came together as a team. After the game I heard phrases like..."this was fun!" "I can't wait until next year so we can go further." "Are there any summer leagues we can play in?"

Mission accomplished....Foundation built....Tradition started....
Congrats to South Garland!! They had to win both games yesterday just to get the last playoff spot. Apparently, Herrick pitched the game for Naaman, but South has a good Jr. pitcher in Robert Gonzalez and South's hitting has started to be more consistent again. Other than Rowlett, our district was not that strong overall this year, so it will be tough playing Plano West, but I'm sure South is happy to be there.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish!! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by L.A.:
Well, after over 12 hours on the road yesterday, the McKinney Christian Mustangs gave all they had but fell short in their first baseball play-off game ever. It was a great year and I am very proud of the boys and how they came together as a team. After the game I heard phrases like..."this was fun!" "I can't wait until next year so we can go further." "Are there any summer leagues we can play in?"

Mission accomplished....Foundation built....Tradition started....

Congratulations coach! I have no doubt you have built a solid founation, good job.
Congrats on a great start to your program, L.A. I am confident you will continue to be a great leader for those young men.

By the way, my son has had that quote from Coach Adair written on the brim of his hat since he was a freshman. Three playoff games to another title and then he's off to play college ball. I know Steve has enjoyed watching him play.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.