Skip to main content

I am going to get a new bat pretty soon and don't know which one to get yet. I want one with good pop and one that is durable. I am using a 06 Stealth reg flex 32/29 right now but I don't really like how they bend...it seems like you lose power unless you hit it perfect. Does anyone got any suggestions on a good choice?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Do not get a torque. Unless they have gotten any better since the old model (orange one), they are made of a very weak alloy. If you hit with any power what so ever, and I imagine you do since the reg flex is too much, it is not the bat for you. I can't hit with it at all because when I swing hard, the bat seems to give a lot when you make contact, and it bends back at the same time. Definitely not a good bat.The stiff stealths are supposed to be good,but all the stealths I have heard can break at the flexy part. The exo's are awesome. Never hit with one, but many people I know have and love them, and the dynasty is pretty good, but it seems to lose its advantage over other bats pretty quickly. If you can find one, a warrior is a very good bat also.
As for vexxums, I don't think they flex too much, but I just have trouble hitting with the weight distribution on them. But its just my opinion.
Last edited by Adam Carlton
quote:
Originally posted by Bamahomer5:
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_91:
whats the silver and red nike bat that some NC players had ??
The 07 Torque.

The red and silver ones are actually the Nike Aero Strobe. They are a little cheaper priced than the Torques.

We have a couple of each on our team (Strobes and Torques), and the '07 Torques seem to have quite a bit of pop in them. We just got them, so I do not know about durability.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Carlton:
nike should just stop making baseball equipment. The only good nike thing I've ever bought, is my equipment bag, but what annoys me is its too short to fit my 34 inch aluminum and my 33 wood bat, without having to almost rip it. They should stick to clothes and shoes.

Everyone has an opinion. We have had nothing, but good luck with Nike since we switched completely over to their products a couple of years ago. We use their shoes, bags, gloves, bats, clothes, everything. However, we get a very generous price on their products, so that helps. I can understand where it might be hard to spend $250 on a Nike bat over an Easton or Louisville.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Carlton:
nike should just stop making baseball equipment. The only good nike thing I've ever bought, is my equipment bag, but what annoys me is its too short to fit my 34 inch aluminum and my 33 wood bat, without having to almost rip it. They should stick to clothes and shoes.

Nike should not stop at all. Nike produces a lot of very high quality gloves. They are with out a doubt one of the best footwear producers in baseball. Have you ever used their batting gloves? The Diamond Elites are excellent batting gloves. Their batting helmets have to be the most confortable batting helmet I ever wore. I could keep going, but the bottom line is, Nike may not make good bats, but they defintly make a lot of other good baseball products.
Last edited by rhbaseball
I just think that all of their equipment is too over priced, considering you can get a more reliable glove for the same amount. Every nike glove I have seen, always breaks in in a week, fits perfect for about a month, then gets too floppy for good use. That is not the top of the line equipment, but everything else below that. I know I would not pay 250 bucks for a nike glove, when I can pay 150 for a HOH or A2000. Not that it is the worst equipment, it is just that I think they should stick with one or two sports, until they get their products well developed, and then expand. Their golf clubs, footballs, and several other products are not as good as the brands with the reputation. They make some good things, but as far as gloves and bats go, there is more to be desired from them.
first off DON'T get an exxo...hehe the only reason that bat sells is because of its "new technology" and people think that because its price is so high that it has to be good.

I know in the past Nike baseball equipment has just been unacceptable but the new torque is NICE

Also take a look at the new demarini voodoos...hott

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.