Skip to main content

This is not about a showcase for HS players looking to attend a Juco.

This is a question for current Juco players looking to attend a 4 year after their Juco career.

Are there showcases held for current Juco players? Who conducts them? Is there anything like this out there for Juco players?

Last edited by Francis7
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some 4 year schools are putting on camps (on campus) for JuCo players to attend - usually by invitation. Texas State conducted one a week ago and it was attended (by invitation) by a RHP that I have trained for the past 5 years. He got an offer as a result. But not near as good as some big money D2 offers that are on his table. I have advised him to take one of those - and he probably will.

Francis;

https://www.facebook.com/CCCBCA/

News from the very strong California JC State Colleges.

Notice 14 players from one JC Team transferred to a DIVISION one schools. A outstanding farm system. SSU our local DIVISION 2 college rooster is 50% JC transfers.

SRJC is ranked 12 Nationally Academic. The Manager of the Year American League played at SRJC and Long Beach State.

Bob

Last edited by Consultant
@JucoDad posted:

In Texas there was a Juco all-star game annually. I believe the coaches decide who goes, and I believe it’s only second year players. @adbono would know the details.

I believe a lot of schools send representatives, at least they did in 2016.

Region 5 (North & West Texas) still has an All Star weekend every fall - often at DBU. @JucoDad is correct that coaches decide who goes, it’s only for 2nd year players, and lots of 4 year schools scout the event. Lots of players get offers as a result of doing well on that weekend.

Here in the Northeast, I see many JUCOs have PBR event days.

While on the topic of JUCOs. How does it work when a school that's a 4 year school (has bachelors programs) has JUCO sports. Just noticed a school here in NYC (Monroe College) is actually a 4 year school, but compete against other JUCOs. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so posting the question here.

Last edited by nycdad
@nycdad posted:

Here in the Northeast, I see many JUCOs have PBR event days.

While on the topic of JUCOs. How does it work when a school that's a 4 year school (has bachelors programs) has JUCO sports. Just noticed a school here in NYC (Monroe College) is actually a 4 year school, but compete against other JUCOs. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so posting the question here.

Would think from a player's perspective, there is no difference than any other JUCO.

Players received the associates, credits are transferable.

They have x amount of years of baseball eligibility

In 2023, Monroe College had 30 Alumni listed on 4 yr rosters

Monroe College-New Rochelle_2023_Juco_Insights_JUCO_PipelineMonroe College-New Rochelle_2023_Juco_Insights_JUCO_Pipeline_Details

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Monroe College-New Rochelle_2023_Juco_Insights_JUCO_Pipeline
  • Monroe College-New Rochelle_2023_Juco_Insights_JUCO_Pipeline_Details

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.