Skip to main content

LHP - I used to be terrible about my car keys! I had a friend that gave me this key chain that you were suppose to be able to clap and it would beep allowing you to find your car keys. The problem was it would begin to beep with any loud noise, like laughter for example. The darn thing would go off beeping all the time!
Thanks Futureback and LHP. I'm already learning the text thing is the way to go! We had his tonsils out Aug 1 so that he would be recuperated by school. He texted me so he wouldn't have to talk (in same room!) This has been rougher than he thought, but I think we're both going to be okay, now. His dad and I are taking him to the dorm tomorrow. He is so excited and ready to go! I have such mixed emotions...he's my first born baby! Thank goodness the new baseball coach's brother lives in our neighborhood and I know I'll get feedback.
ORMOM - I'm with you. Eek

Good luck to all the 07 moms taking their kids to school this week and next. It's gonna be tough on us!

We're leaving in the morning to take our son to school. Didn't think this day would get here so soon!

Hope to get a report from all of you next week on how it went and how you are doing. I know all these other moms have lived through so I guess we will too!
Last edited by curveball07
Wow, I can't believe you are sending your kids off to school already. Mine is just coming home. I am really looking forward to it. He will be home for a few weeks. Trust me, this first year will go very fast. I really do enjoy hearing about others kids stories so keep them coming. The latest thing he is forgetting is to take his cell phone charger on road trips with him. Even text messages come less frequently when that happens. I think the first few months of school I heard from him alot less than I did the last half of the year.
Best wishes to all the moms who will have to deal with the first year away from their sons ... especially if they aren't nearby.

This time of year is strange for us because just as all your college sons are heading out, we are anticipating the return of our pro player after a long season in the southeast portion of the good old U S of A. He heads home when your sons head out, and I will have the pleasure of his company, along with his wife and pooch, for a few days while my hubby is off fishing in Colorado. We don't know what the fall holds for him (hopefully fall ball in Arizona) but I love having the two of them back home.

Someday, if that is what they dream of and work for, you all will get to have the same fall anticipation and togetherness that we do.
Just took my second son to college 550 miles away....didn't think that the second one would be as difficult as it was....Weird, though, because all summer we planned for both boys to be gone...but the older one is staying home for the first semester to rehab his elbow.....so a role reversal....Both events need getting used to....and a new family dynamic once again....

May all of our sons grow (up) and develop and learn and come home better than the way they left....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.