Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
is anything oficial? ya brett might be smart... but his actions in this situations are anything but respectable... if ya'll new the whole story

Boy, there is a well thought out and informative comment. And it displays excellent grammar too.

I know, Lynn, I am going to bed. Big Grin
Last edited by tychco
Alright for all you people that care about grammar, I will use my Jesuit education this time. Sorry for being lazy. Brett has been impossible to get ahold of all offseason. He promised a lot and ended up doing little. As a baseball coach, I think he is really smart. I've played under him a few times, and had nothing but good things to say about him. What he's done now is being a flake. We've got the situation under control and no I am not going to sit here and tell you who will be our coach. The thing that pisses me off about this is that some of the players on our team are on the team because of him and they want him as there coach. I hope they stay even after he's gone. The 16U Tigers will be fine. This will be, I think, four coaching changes in three years-if you count BM as a coach. We'll be in better shape believe it or not. The kids know how to play.
Last edited by Dtiger
DTiger --

Just so you know, your improved grammar makes your posts more legitimate --- that's just the way it is when it comes to the written language. I know the Tigers 16U team. As you know, my son has played for them as a guest player...and I agree that they will be fine. Your team is a great group of kids with a ton of talent -- arguably one of the top 16U teams in the state. You have solid parental support and play for a stong organization. Concerning this situation, you are correct, most people do not have insight into the behind-the-scenes dynamics. But....notice that no one here is condoning anyone's actions. Many of us are simply interested in the summer-team changes. There are several Marshal parents that contribute daily.

Let's face it, moves like this one are seldom motivated by money alone. I imagine this is a good opportunity for this coach. The comments here express support for McCabe as a baseball coach. I do not know Brett, but he has an excellent reputation in the local baseball world.

So, stay positive....work hard....and be a team leader. I think I know DTiger and jesuitdad. I wish you a strong summer -- too bad your guys are not playing BBI.

Spend that little extra effort on grammar and such --- your comments will be accepted here.

-PD
Last edited by Panther Dad
HAHA I am your typical product of AIM. I still think Brett is a great baseball coach, and yes he's had some controversial stuff going on this offseason. The thing he's done wrong in this situation is that he has not contacted anyone to let them know about his decision. I think that is just disrespectable. I wish Brett the best of luck, but the timing, and how he's handled it, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
jesuitdad,

So, do you want everyone here to slam this guy because he responded to an excellent opportunity? Your team is set, your summer schedule is probably pretty much set, you have an active GM, and an organization that is nationally known --- seems like things should be in pretty good shape. The coach pushes the game buttons (or at least many of them). This is summer baseball, not life or death. It is bad timing, but perhaps there are circumstances here that are not obvious. With your logic, the only coaches that your organization should pursue to lead your team this year are those that are not affiliated with existing teams. And, for the record, I know this is not the case. A double-standard? Perhaps. Understandable in this sitation? Sure.

I agree that timing is unfortunate for your group.
I think everyone knows that the Tigers will be fine. I mean, look at the talent. This year will be tough, but that's because we are playing a lot of 18 year old tournaments. I agree, the coach pushes the button, the players have to play. We've fought through coaching changes before and still been really good. Last year we had tough stints, but only played one 15 year old team the whole year, and the rest were all older. I am not going to sit here and say our season is ruined, because it's not. If anything, I think we will be in better shape. This is assuming we get the coach we want.
If jesuitdad is who I think it is, he and McCabe have been together for a while. I mention this because this is probably especially hard for him. I agree with both him and pantherdad. If the team makes too big of a deal about this, the season will be ruined. Honestly, I think I know the kids well enough that were on the team last year, and I know it wont affect us. We love baseball. Enough Said.
Dtiger,

I busted your chops a little because you threw out a post with no facts. You have since explained the facts and your stance...well stated.

I like Brett and, as I mentioned previously, he taught T-Bird Son much. Having said that, I understand your frustruation...especially with the timing, but opportunities don't always have great timing. The organization will find a quality coach soon I am sure.
Last edited by tychco
quote:
Originally posted by Dtiger:
The thing he's done wrong in this situation is that he has not contacted anyone to let them know about his decision.

I think BM probably handled this situation the way most management handles an employee making a job change. He probably notified his boss, not his employees.

I think you are just in your disappointment in his lack of communication with you, but ultimately, he worked for Tommy Tiger, and that's probably whom he communicated too. JMO
I'm not trying to be a pain and an annoyance. Somehow all of jesuitdad's posts got deleted. Am I mad? Sure. Am I going to survive? Definately. Baseball is baseball, and I love it. Plus I think there ar reasons for the move we might not know about, and I'm definately not talking money. He's had a lot going on, so I wish him the best.
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone is justifying Coach McCabe's move with a teenager. Come on folks. Lets close this topic and move on.

SWAC ~ I don't think anyone is justifying BM's move, just trying to help a young man deal with the hand he's been dealt.

Regardless, have a great summer, Dtiger.
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone is justifying Coach McCabe's move with a teenager. Come on folks. Lets close this topic and move on.

SWAC - I don't think anyone was trying to justify Brett's move to anyone .....

BTW, I think teenagers deserve the same respect as any other posters (unless they display behavior that gives us reason to discount them...see CoCo as an example Eek )
Last edited by cheapseats
SWAC -- the message board is all about discussing varying perspectives. Why is DTiger's opinion less valuable than any other just because he is a teen-ager? I agree with Collikar -- even though we don't know the specifics of this situation, we (as adults) can offer opinions based on life's experiences.....like, for instance, leaving a job on short notice....or changing our minds when new opportunities arise.

I also agree that it might be a little unusual for a coach to call every member of his team, especially when he has not developed deep relationships with them. How the head of the organization decides to communicate is his business. And I am not indicting TH here -- there is not necessarily a right or wrong.

CTiger -- concerning jesuitdad's post(s) being gone, we all have the right to delete our own posts -- second thoughts, etc. That may have occurred here. I saw nothing that would cause a moderator to delete them.

I think this discussion has run its course....DTiger, nice job in reversing the initial impression you left here last night. And, good job this year at Jesuit --- I wish you success this summer, 'cept perhaps in mid-July at AABC state! Smile

SWAC -- see you in FM on Tuesday?
First, I do not read this website because I do not like being associated with anything or anyone hiding behind their phony names. However, in the last few weeks, it has been brought to my attention that this site has been spreading rumors about my Dallas Tigers.

For those of you who know me, you know where to find me and I'm just a phone call away. For those of you who don't know me, I'm sure you know someone who can put you in contact with me. Whether you know me or not, I'm going to give you my honest opinion and you may or may not like it.

If you want to discuss anything regarding the Dallas Tigers, I'll be happy to talk to you. I do not care what the Marshals, DBat, Mustangs or any other club is doing. My only concern is for my club and my players and parents.

Brett McCabe is a very good baseball instructor and if the Marshal's want to break the bank to hire him, I'm happy for Brett. Brett was very disappointed with the timing of the move because he hated to leave us a week before practice started, but couldn't turn down the money. Brett bleeds Tiger blue and that's good enough for me. The only problem I have with the timing of this hire is that Hennaman, a very successful former MLB pitcher, could have hired him for this job two months ago. Brett has been working with his 12 year old team since January. If that's the way he chooses to run his program, good luck to all of his club members.

I think it's a credit to the Tiger organization that other teams are willing to pay big bucks to hire away our coaches. I have a long list of qualified candidates to continue on with the Tiger tradition of developing players into highly touted college prospects. 100% of our 18 year old recruiting classes have received college scholarships and we have 14 national championships. Money cannot buy those.

Have a nice day.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.