Skip to main content

Please pray for my son's good friend Ben. He had a seizure late last night and is in a coma in intensive care. At this point they expect him to live but they do not know his status re: brain damage.

Ben is 20 years old and graduated from high school with my son Joe; he had just finished his sophomore year of college. Ben's family has a strong Christian faith. Please pray for Ben's recovery and for comfort for his family.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you for the kind words and especially your prayers.

My son visited Ben's family at the hospital last night and Ben was being kept in the coma with medication. We learned that it was cardiac arrest, not a seizure. It happened in the middle of the night and the dog noticed something was wrong with Ben and woke up his younger brother, who woke their mom. Ben's mom is a nurse and performed CPR but they do not know how long his brain was deprived of oxygen.

Tomorrow morning they will try to bring Ben out of the coma and assess his condition. His family is relying on the Lord to continue to protect and heal Ben, as they said it was surely God's hand, not just a smart animal, that woke them at 3:00 a.m. Please continue to pray for Ben's recovery and for his family (mom, dad, and a younger brother and sister).
Last edited by MN-Mom
quote:
Originally posted by MN-Mom:
It happened in the middle of the night and the dog noticed something was wrong with Ben and woke up his younger brother, who woke their mom. Ben's mom is a nurse and performed CPR but they do not know how long his brain was deprived of oxygen.

Amazing! Let's hope everything is alright.
Julie,
I don't want Ben, and his family to get overlooked. So, I waited a bit to post with the idea of bumping the request for prayers, hope and every positive thought back to the top. Ben and his family, and the needs for prayers and positive energy, need to be at the top, I think. I hope today is a better day than yesterday and tomorrow a better one that today.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.