Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Okay, okay. I know that we post about schools and successes and are all supposed to be gentlemen about it. I apologize for the tone of that post. I was frustrated because I started this thread specifically to get the answer to my question and felt that those two early posts were misplaced in this thread. The "shameless" part was really uncalled for. Mea culpa!
Cape Henry is Div. 1 and if the question is who will be pitching Thursday against GCA- the answer is Robert Morey. BTW- Cape Henry got it's 4 no hitter of the year against Peninsula Catholic last night, 15-0 in 5 innings ( to be fair, many teams could have done the same as PC has much work to do ). Pete Levitt got the win, now 4-0, by pitching the first 3 innings of no hit ball and striking out 8, the next 2 innings were pitched by Parker Talbot and Coleman Newell to complete the game. CApe Henry is now 14-0
Have to go 4 innings in a High School game of 7 innings to get the win (similar to a 9-inning game where the starter has to go 5 innings to get credit for the win). So, I guess Talbert got the win and Levitt is 3-0.

quote:
Originally posted by impartialbut:
Cape Henry is Div. 1 and if the question is who will be pitching Thursday against GCA- the answer is Robert Morey. BTW- Cape Henry got it's 4 no hitter of the year against Peninsula Catholic last night, 15-0 in 5 innings ( to be fair, many teams could have done the same as PC has much work to do ). Pete Levitt got the win, now 4-0, by pitching the first 3 innings of no hit ball and striking out 8, the next 2 innings were pitched by Parker Talbot and Coleman Newell to complete the game. CApe Henry is now 14-0
Well, I don't know if I can agree with this list. PVI, HDA are perennial top teams. Greenbrier Christian Academy is not even in your list. While I have not seen NA play yet, I have trouble believing that they are better than GCA. Of the teams I have seen, or heard about in depth, I would make my top 4
NDA
PVI
GCA
Cape Henry?
Just a thought.
Impartial, I thought you didn't want anyone to "shamelessly plug their school" on this thread, and then you went ahead and did it yourself. Sounds a touch hypocritical to me. I've seen Morey in a showcase tournament and he handled himself well. Who has Cape Henry played this year that has a good program. GCA plays NDA this Saturday and will probably throw Bulman, who IS the real deal. Maybe you'll get him too next Thursday.
Oh and Cape Henry has beaten Benedictine,NSA, St. Christopher,Granby and plays Flint Hill in a double header this Sat. GCA is Division 2 and they are probably No. 1 there and I think Hampton Christian is No. 2. Bulman and Morey are very evenly matched. Both are consistantly in the 91-93 range. Head to head last year in TCIS Final Morey had one more strikeout than Bulman (13)and gave up one less hit (4)....he did walk more than Bulman three I think. GCA won 2-0.
" Okay, okay. I know that we post about schools and successes and are all supposed to be gentlemen about it. I apologize for the tone of that post. I was frustrated because I started this thread specifically to get the answer to my question and felt that those two early posts were misplaced in this thread. The "shameless" part was really uncalled for. Mea culpa!"
Hokie- you very convieniently ignored the fact that I apologized to the forum for that remark. How have I shamelessly plugged Cape Henry? By disagreeing with a person who rated them 1st in Div 1? I am not even sure if they are 4th, as I thought they might be. What ax do you have to grind? Sounds like you are the real deal's father, or maybe you are the real deal yourself?
Cape Henry plays Greenbrier next Thursday, not tomorrow. If the rotation does not change, Levitt will throw Tuesday against Bishop Sullivan Catholic, and Morey will face GCA, whoever they send to the mound.
CHCBB- where did you see those rankings?
quote:
Last edited by impartialbut
Saw rankings in email from GC's AD. It is official. He is one of the voters. Greenbrier will probably throw Bulman but in the past they have thrown their #2 or 3 pitcher in the regular season game against CH. They did it last year. Then Bulman in the final. GC vs CH is next Thur. 26th. Greenbrier should have no trouble in state this year with Notre Dame moving up unless there is a Div 2 school I don't know about. With Hampton Christian at No. 2, I dont think there is anybody in Div 2 that can beat them. Not a fan just an observation. Division 1 should be interesting this year. I think there is a lot of parity with the exception of NDA. Paul VI is good too but I don't think as good as last year. I could be wrong because in their case I am just going by results. I have seen most of the other teams play.
Miller beat Greenbrier 2-1 earlier this year. GCA pitched #2 for first 4 innings, then sent in Bulman, who shut them down. So, if rematched in playoffs and Bulman throws, Miller may not fare as well.

Miller was D3 but was moved to D2 this year. So, given their success and noting that they play many Division 1 teams and some strong public schools in the Charlottesville area during the season, Miller should be included in these rankings at least at #2 given what they did with GCA already.
VIRGINIA INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS BASEBALL ASSOCIATION (VISBA)

TOP 10
W-L Records through 4/16/07

Division I

1 Notre Dame 19 2

2 Paul VI 14 2

3 Cape Henry 12 0

4 Benedictine 11 3

5 Nansemond Suffolk 11 2

6 Flint Hill 10 3

7 St Christopher's 6 5

8 Collegiate School 6 3

9 Trinity Episcopal 5 5

10 Norfolk Academy 8 3

These are the official Division 1 rankings. Paul Vi's baseball website is very good at updating the rankings each week. Greenbrier should have them up soon as well for all Divisions but last year they did not update regularly. Other than those two I have not been able to find them on any website and I have spent considerable time trying. I know NDA and Paul VI play in a MD VA DC Playoff after VA states but I dont know the criteria for that. They do have a seperate poll. The ones I posted will be the ones that determine the 8 VA State Playoff teams in Division 1. That Final poll should be out Tues, May 8. They dont factor in conference playoffs in the final poll for some reason and they are usually played after the final poll. Go figure
Last edited by MWR-VA
The TCIS is stunning this year with CH, GCA and NSA playing well. However, NA is not the 4th best team in that conference, Bishop Sullivan is. They actually play eachother tomorrow at Bishop Sullivan. Sullivan is 7-5 with tough losses to GCA and Flint Hill. They still have CH and NSA left to play. Dont be surprised when they end up in the state tournament.

Also, with Cape Henry and GCA playing eachother next thursday and Morey and Bulman scheduled to start, dont guarantee Levitt a win against BSC that tuesday. Their bats are hot as well as depth in pitching.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.