Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by P1tickethead110:
Well I know for sure its ranked #1 party school in Texas. So beware of that. Thats why my daughter wanted to go.

Nice to know it hasn't slipped any in the rankings since I was there.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for parent. My memory of the my time there is rather hazy. Probably better that way. Big Grin

Beautiful campus. My wife graduated from SFA and it didn't hurt her any. Like anything else, it is what you make of it. Funny how those little lessons make sense as you get older.
Last edited by deaconspoint
Nacogdoches, TX - the oldest town in Texas. SFA is a medium sized university - lots of new facilities are being built. I would speculate that Nac has a population somewhere around 40,000. DEEP EAST TEXAS - I think they are known as a teacher's college and also for the forestry program. I believe the team currently plays off campus, but their website used to have an artist's rendering of a proposed baseball/softball complex. The drawing looked very nice. I think the recruiting coach is named Carranzes (that does not sound exactly correct) Mascot is the Lumberjack. Colors - Purple and White. "Axe 'em Jacks!"
Coaching Staff: Watson, Cardenas, and Connally.

All very good coaches and people. Watson is a highly respected head coach & pitching coach. Cardenas who could be a head coach was also coach of the year during the summer TCL league. Connally is a very good hitting instructor. SFA is starting the 3rd year back. Managed to make the 2006 - 2007 SLC tournament. Named 29 players to the Deans Athletic Honor Roll after two complete seasons. Have completed new student center and recreation center. I have been in both facilities; they rival any top university in the country. Several new dorms and apartment style housing complexes have been complete or refurbished.

It is a small community with a nice home-town feel. You might want to Google Nacogdoches Texas to read up on all the history associated with this East Texas community…

As for the baseball program goes I would suggest you call one of the coaches, they are very open to visitors.

Stephen F. Austin State University
quote:
Well I know for sure its ranked #1 party school in Texas. So beware of that. Thats why my daughter wanted to go.

I thought about this several times since I read your post. I beleive Texas State AKA. Southwest Texas State is the number one party school. New name, new Logo's, and new paint won't change what everyone knows................. Sixth street is only 20 min away............... What? Nacogdoches has 2 small clubs..............

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.