Skip to main content

I have no problem with the business side. Like everything else, it should be up to the buyer / user to pick and choose the services / goods they purchase. After all it is their money and time.

I applaud those willing to give their time and money to further the game.

I still can't get over the cost of some of these teams though. I must be doing it wrong.

I have a team. I take tournament entries, team registration fees, insurance and the occasional case of balls etc and divide that by my roster size. That's the fee for my season.

It is what it is I guess.
This thread has been very educational. Thank you Mildo for explaining the transition from 15u/16u travel teams that practice and play together, to the showcase team/

Having just gone through this with our son you nailed it! He played for the canes - and the experience is just as you described.

Not sure why people are arguing with you and others afflitated with the organizations mentioned. You guys are just trying to explain how the teams operate.
quote:
Originally posted by kj12345:
Can anyone tell me which organization is better to play for the richmond braves or the canes.

My general advice for anyone with multiple options is to go directly to the college coaches you are being contacted by. Ask them who they think you should play for if they had a choice. They are ultimately the audience you are trying to impress and many people would be surprised to hear their candid opinions on which programs serve their players and which simply serve themselves.

But, my answer to the specific question would be the Canes. No doubt.

And to echo Brad's sentiments - there are truly an obscene number of quality options for worthy players out there. Canes, Cardinals, Patriots, Hitters, Drillers, RBA WEST Elite, Mid-Atl Pirates, Braves ELITE, Tidewater Orioles, Prospect Stars....

Incredible. And form my experiences on the circut so far the aforementioned clubs are in it for the right reasons and are serving their players as well as could be expected.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.