Skip to main content

Go44dad posted:

George who?

hank aaron

Steve A, you misunderstand me.  I don't know, care or otherwise about one hand finish or two.  But something that happens after doesn't effect what happened before.  If you tell me the swing thought/mechanics/Muscle memory of releasing the top hand helps a hitter keep the bat in the zone longer helps in some way, ok.  If you tell me the opposite, ok on that too.

Go,

All good. No issues here at all. Clearly there are greats who did it both ways. Hank was also a front foot hitter. Ted, Babe, Joe D & all the old school guys kept both hands on it after finish. It is simply a matter of preference & individual body type & style. The one hand release does have logic behind it & certainly the two hand finish does as well. This is why it is a cool conversation.

Regards, Steve

So Wesleythecatcher, as you can see it should not matter as long as you execute your swing with proper mechanics.  It's all about you and what makes you more confident and comfortable at the plate.  The mechanics are important, practice and video review as much as possible.  You should be able to tell based on your hitting. Changing any part of your swing will take time (even if it's just letting go with a hand after impact).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.