Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The former school is a D3. The players are D1 level, who were not recuited to a D1 or potentially chose a HA opportunity.

More HS players need to focus on D3 as an easier entry. Just my opinion.

They were probably late bloomers who were D3 talent when they entered college.

I know or know of a couple of D3 pitchers who dominated and were drafted. One made it to AAA before hitting a wall. The other injured his arm in High A. They were D3 prospects coming out if high school. The one I know was 5’11 170 senior year of high school. He finished college 6’3 200 cruising 93.

Had transfer rules been what they are now they would have been pitching for P5s by junior year.

@RJM posted:

They were probably late bloomers who were D3 talent when they entered college.

I know or know of a couple of D3 pitchers who dominated and were drafted. One made it to AAA before hitting a wall. The other injured his arm in High A. They were D3 prospects coming out if high school. The one I know was 5’11 170 senior year of high school. He finished college 6’3 200 cruising 93.

Had transfer rules been what they are now they would have been pitching for P5s by junior year.

There are currently hundreds of 2023 kids who were “D1 talent” entering college who are not going to be D1 talent next year but might be in a year or two.

The former school is a D3. The players are D1 level, who were not recuited to a D1 or potentially chose a HA opportunity.

More HS players need to focus on D3 as an easier entry. Just my opinion.

This is a great point, with the portal system now this is something that players and their parents should consider if playing baseball level takes priority over continuity. Switching schools is not something to be taken lightly IMO, but if baseball takes priority over other factors it is certainly an avenue to consider. 

@BOF posted:

This is a great point, with the portal system now this is something that players and their parents should consider if playing baseball level takes priority over continuity. Switching schools is not something to be taken lightly IMO, but if baseball takes priority over other factors it is certainly an avenue to consider.

There are a number of my son's friends who couldn't care less about college and just want to keep playing. If anything, classes are a burden to them. I wish there was a better option for kids like this.

There are a number of my son's friends who couldn't care less about college and just want to keep playing. If anything, classes are a burden to them. I wish there was a better option for kids like this.

There is, it's called a Mens League ;-).

In all seriousness, I'm starting to see with my son's class (2020) which is about when kids started being impacted. Lots of kids played at multiple schools over the 4 years are now done. And don't have a degree.

I think it's going to get worse. Obviously there are exceptions, and situations I'm not aware of or uneducated about, but I don't understand how kids can transfer after junior year. Even if every credit transferred I don't think you can go to a school for 1 year and be awarded a degree.

I think over the next few years you're going to see many kids having played baseball for 5 or 6 years and have nothing to show for it (academically at least).

@nycdad posted:

There is, it's called a Mens League ;-).

In all seriousness, I'm starting to see with my son's class (2020) which is about when kids started being impacted. Lots of kids played at multiple schools over the 4 years are now done. And don't have a degree.

I think it's going to get worse. Obviously there are exceptions, and situations I'm not aware of or uneducated about, but I don't understand how kids can transfer after junior year. Even if every credit transferred I don't think you can go to a school for 1 year and be awarded a degree.

I think over the next few years you're going to see many kids having played baseball for 5 or 6 years and have nothing to show for it (academically at least).

This was the reason for the transfer sit out a year rule and APR in the first place. Athletes weren’t progressing towards degrees. But, I believe now the NCAA is up against a legal wall.

@BOF posted:

The decision might not be in the players hands, how many are being told their future in schools is in doubt.

BTW, here is the visual for UConn Transfers

GPObiJ0WkAAilRA

Attachments

Images (1)
  • GPObiJ0WkAAilRA

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.