Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Those two states were recently dragged into the 19th century.

Can't you suffer this destiny alone?.....Why must you drag others with you?

Are the public boucheries next?

Then, duck hunting?

You want Louisianians to join you in this Century?....Do you watch the newscasts?....Is society getting better these days?...Are people nicer?

You won't find more friendly people than in South Louisiana.....It's a result of their way of life, their culture....They can still laugh at themselves.....

Little by little, that will be legislated away, I suppose.....
Last edited by BlueDog
quote:
Are the public boucheries next?

Shhh! Nobody knows about that and the ducks aren't going anywhere. I read they might make the state a crawfish preserve though. Eek

quote:
You want Louisianians to join you in this Century?....Do you watch the newscasts?....Is society getting better these days?...Are people nicer?

Don't blame me. I don't work in the statehouse in BR. Nice is subjective.

quote:
You won't find more friendly people than in South Louisiana.....It's a result of their way of life, their culture....They can still laugh at themselves.....

Little by little, that will be legislated away, I suppose.....

It will take alot more than a law book to change that.
Last edited by Dad04
Americans go out of the country to watch bull fighting----is that wrong ?

In India the cow is sacred but in America we eat them and they are raised for that purpose

In Asian countries dogs are raised to be eaten

Cultures are cultures---who the H E L L are we to question those cultures

Even within our own country we have cultures that are different---the Deep South does things differently than we do in the Northeast for example--I do not see that a bad thing because that is what this country is all about---Diversity

"...the Deep South does things differently than we do in the Northeast for example."

I know what you mean TR.

Our bologna sandwiches up North? Raw!

Down South? Fried!

Now if there was ever an issue to drive us apart...it would be bologna. Yet here we are...bologna brethren to the end!

Thank you Oscar...for touring our great country...and binding us together!

Sing it kid!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmPRHJd3uHI&feature=related

Last edited by gotwood4sale
quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
DAD04

I think you need to get out more than you do no

Our own country is filled with what you term "barbarians"---putting kids in microwaves; throwing infants off bridges---need I go on
Gee...thanks for the subject-change blah-blah news flash. Maybe the board needs a infantcide thread?!? This is the Hall of Famer CHICKEN KILLING FOR KICKS THREAD!!!1!1!1! Wink If that's a conflict or problem for you, simply hit "hide posts".

Last edited by Dad04
We just need to learn to prioritize better, it seems that it’s ok to kill animals for food and hide for our baseball gloves, but not for betting on who dies first in a ring. Maybe if the cooock fighters or dog fighters could justify that they were using the roosters feather for hats or down to keep us warm it would be ok. Or if the dog fighters could say that they just raise the dogs for food and the dog that wins the most taste the best and its ok. In some countries they eat dog, cats and chickens.

I just find it odd that sometimes our society seems to cares more about animal abuse, than human abuse at times.

We, who live in this country, can justify certain things better than others. I for one have not been brought up to eat dog or cat. But I love my fried chicken and when I was young I use to go “Pick Eggs” as a kid for my uncle in his chicken coupe. And I remember this rooster that use to try to spur me. The same rooster I got as a little peep for Easter that we thought was a chicken but turned out to be a rooster. I will not go into detail about the demise of that rooster because it spurred one to many people.

But I sure do remember going out after church and watching my uncle cut heads off of chickens and toss them into a 55 gal. Drum till they die and I remember vividly the time my uncle missed the drum and the chicken went running around the barn yard with its head cut off. That chicken went full speed running into stuff; my uncles finally caught it and tossed it into the drum till it bled out.

My Grandmother use to make the best and crispiest fried chicken on Sundays.

This subject is mixture of Ethics and where you are brought up and how society can frown on others. IMHO

God bless,

drill
Last edited by Drill
quote:
it seems that it’s ok to kill animals for food and hide for our baseball gloves, but not for betting on who dies first in a ring. Maybe if the cooock fighters or dog fighters could justify that they were using the roosters feather for hats or down to keep us warm it would be ok. Or if the dog fighters could say that they just raise the dogs for food and the dog that wins the most taste the best and its ok. In some countries they eat dog, cats and chickens.

Either you get it or you don't. Obviously a bunch don't. Tell me please, who turns the computer on and off for you?
Last edited by Dad04
quote:
Originally posted by Dad04:
quote:
it seems that it’s ok to kill animals for food and hide for our baseball gloves, but not for betting on who dies first in a ring. Maybe if the cooock fighters or dog fighters could justify that they were using the roosters feather for hats or down to keep us warm it would be ok. Or if the dog fighters could say that they just raise the dogs for food and the dog that wins the most taste the best and its ok. In some countries they eat dog, cats and chickens.

Either you get it or you don't. Obviously a bunch don't. Tell me please, who turns the computer on and off for you?

I don't agree, or say its ok. but people can justify just about anything in todays world. Its all in how you kill something and for what use, is how we justify its ok.

But do you eat meat do you eat chicken?

love always,

drill

PS I turn the computer on and off with my fingers, sometimes my toes.
Last edited by Drill

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.