Skip to main content

Josh is a multi positional player who also pitches. I am not sure where Indiana is looking to use him but it sounds like pitching more than anything else.

Josh is a really good kid, who I have watched grow up over the years as a member of opposing summer teams. He then played with my son on the Oriolanders where we were able to get to know him a bit more. He has had lots of ups and down and I am very happy he has found a college home..

From the IU webpage:

Josh Verts
Right-handed Pitcher • 6-2 • 230 • Winchester, Va. • John Handley HS
Verts is a three-year letterman for coach Eddie Simmons at John Handley High School in Winchester, Va. He has played first base, third base and pitched while in high school. Verts was a three-time All-District selection, a two-time All-Region honoree, and added All-State to his list of honors as a junior in 2003. After being honored for his play at third base as as freshman and sophomore, Verts was selected as a utility player last season. Also a four-year letterwinner in football, Verts was a standout quarterback at John Handley as well.

Coach Morgan On Josh Verts:
“Josh is a big, strong power pitcher who throws in the high 80s. Josh can possibly be a two-way player as he is both an outstanding hitter and pitcher. He was a very good high school quarterback as well.”

"JustMom"

Beppler?

There are a lot of unsigned players
Nachion Moore - Greenbrier
Jesse Freeman - Salem
Ryan Sykes - FC
Zach Haney - Catholic
Kelly West - Greenbrier
Mike McConnell - Poquoson
Aaron Mania - Kempsville
Billie Mueller - FC
Adam Huneycutt - Kempsville
Steven Parsons - Hickory
Randy Buffington - Salem
I'm sure there are more. Looks like a lot of Spring commitments are in the making.
Last edited {1}
EMINEN

Your looking at 2 games a week with a total of 14 innings, if they have tough games. The question is does Coach Conroy put Mania in front of kids who have been in his program for 3 years? I don't disagree with transfering, everybody has to do whats best for there son. I would think that making the move his junior year may have made it easier on the coach.

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.