Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If tournament games aren’t played as scheduled it screws up the entire day. With two kids playing softball and baseball I never saw games postponed for anything but rain and thunder.

One year the state ASA championship was played in one day instead of three due to rain. We played eight games with 75 minute start inning limits between 8am and midnight. There weren’t any pool games.

The team I was an assistant with lost the championship game. At that point the team attitude was, “Who cares! Let’s go home.” Second place qualified for nationals. We got home at 2:30am.

@jme853 posted:

Is the temp's are in the mid to upper 90's, can  a tournament game be reschedule to a later time. My son has asthma, and I am concern of the mid afternoon high heat.

We once had a tournament in a terrible heatwave. People were advised to stay indoors. They actually closed the local race track - and this was on the weekend - because they were fearful of the horses dropping dead from the heat. Did they cancel the tournament? No. That would mean refunds and they would never to that...

And my kid is a catcher.

Totally soaked through the uniform before the 1st inning was over...like someone turned a fire hose on him.

Last edited by Francis7

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.