The Westchester County Clippers Open Tryouts
Showcase teams 15U & 16U Players

Visit our Website and complete the Registration Form:

http://www.westchestercountyclippers.org/

If you are interested in coaching the 9U-11U, 12U, 15U &16U age brackets
Contact Victor Torres (914) 819-8698
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Westchester, I've done a little research, and as far as I can tell, you're simply ripping off the good name that Coach Merc has built for his program. It appears you've simply tried to trade on his good name.

You say that you're a "nationally recognized program". Get real. Nobody, after only 3 years of playing lower age division baseball has a "nationally recognized" program. YOu are certainly not recognzied by any college coaches or anyone else that matters. However, Coach Merc's program is, and is widely respected.

Why don't you do the honorable thing and change your name. Better yet, why don't you also put a disclaimer on your website that your program is in no way associated with the long established, and actually nationally respected, Clippers program that Joe Mercurio started and still runs.

You, sir, give me the impression that you're a FRAUD.
Last edited by 06catcherdad
quote:
disclaimer

HSBBWeb Old Timer

Sorry to tell you but no one is steal anyone’s name and try to ride on the coat tails of Joe Mercurio and Mike Imbriale, These are two guys who I know and respect very much.

First of all my teams name is WESTCHESTER COUNTY Clippers and there name is WORLD YACHT Clippers.
Do you know how many teams in New York area go by the name Clippers? All because of the New York YANKEES who also use Clippers.

When we started are Westchester County Clippers program we had a meeting with Joe & Mike, and who wish us the best of luck with are organization and offered us help with anything they can help us with. They have even forward e-mails of player looking for a good program.

As for a disclaimer if you would have look a little deeper there is a disclaimer, it on the bottom of are home page. That’s were your suppose to post a disclaimer.

Yes we have only been around for 3 years, and entering are 4th year. Every year we continue to grow by adding more teams to are program. Are parent and player love and enjoy are program. All because we offer completive baseball and because we care about are players more than winning.
This year we have change are program because are parent and player don’t want to leave us. So we have added are 15U and 16Uinto a show case team.
I’m sure if Joe Mercurio and Mike Imbriale who started The WORLD YACHT CLIPPERS organization had a problem with my program they would have called me!
Well, before I posted I went to the trouble of trying to learn "The rest of the story" to borrow a phrse from the late Paul Harvey. I'm not going to get into who I conferred with, but they have direct, first hadnd knowledge of your situation, and they sure didn't explain it like you are here. Suffice it to say that what I was told privately is 180 degrees out of sync with what you're saying.

How similar is your schedule to theirs? My understnading is that you essentially mirrored what they already do. You should be paying them a fee for the use of their good name.
Last edited by 06catcherdad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.