Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have always been a "louisville slugger" guy and have loved the Exo. We have had 3 Exo's and they were great, but I have to say the Demarini Voodoo 2010 is awesome. It has lots of pop. We have several players hitting them with great success.

If you are looking for a new bat in a -3, I would have to strongly recommend the Voodoo.

BTW the C4 is horrible.
Last edited by 2014_Lefty_Dad
quote:
Originally posted by GR4Y:
I am looking for a new bat what is the best 2010 bat?
The best bat is the bat placed in the hands of the best hitter. Bats are a personal thing. All bats are not created equal. The best bat for one hitter may be the worst bat for another. The EXO and the Stealth are completely different bats. You need to figure out which one works for you and which one doesn't. I recommend saving money and buying the best (for you) '09 bat at a discount.
Last edited by RJM
EXO technology is build on a "Stiff Handle" design, where the Stealth's are "Flex Handle" designed. (There is a "Stiff" handle version of the Stealth, but I don't put it in the same category as the Exo's). As RJM said, batters' preferences all differ. Typically a batter that likes one style does not like the other. The Voodoo, however, seems to be somewhere in the middle. I see a lot of crossover from both groups. I love the stiff handle bats, and hate the flex handle ones. However I really like the Voodoo. We have some players that like the Stealth who are enjoying the Voodoo as well.

Good luck in picking out the right bat for you.
quote:
Originally posted by EC_Dad:
I have always been a "louisville slugger" guy and have loved the Exo. We have had 3 Exo's and they were great, but I have to say the Demarini Voodoo 2010 is awesome. It has lots of pop. We have several players hitting them with great success.

If you are looking for a new bat in a -3, I would have to strongly recommend the Voodoo.

BTW the C4 is horrible.

I have used both a Demarini Voodoo and I currently own a EXO. I love my exo to death even though its a bit big for me but its really good. Voodoos are great bats! Great pop.
Generally I've noticed that people that don't like the Demarini composites just can't get over the fact that it doesn't have the ping sound of alloys. I've had the EXO, then the Easton V12, and now the CF4 and the CF4 is by far the best bat I have used. The hitting area is a tad smaller than some other bats but the bat has incredible pop. I think the best test was when I had my dad hitting flies with each bat. After switching from the easton to the demarini, he could hardly keep the ball in the yard from where he was standing. For me, I also think the CF3 and CF4 have incredible feel. They feel better to swing to me.
Last edited by JPontiac
RJM is right on point, every player has what feels good to them. Many people swear by Easton and just as many swear by TPX or Demarini. What I have seen over the years is if someone brings a new bat and gets a big hit, everyone wants that bat( high school and pre high school)In many cases college players don't have choice.
That said, My son has both a Voodoo and TPX EXO both are 08's and likes them both, just kind of how he feels that day, likes his Voodoo when up against a fast pitcher and his EXO against junk ball pitchers.
2010 Anderson NanoTek XS

this bat needs a look, mine loves it.

NanoTek Alloy allows us to build a bat with the thinnest wall in the game. The strength of the NanoTek Alloy has helped create a Launch Pad sweet spot. The NanoTek Alloy stores more energy at contact and delivers superior performance, improved feel and twice the effective hitting area of the competition. Unlike composites that gradually rise to a short-lived maximum potential, the NanoTek XS has no break-in period, maintaining superior performance and delivering a solid feel throughout its long life.
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
quote:
4. High Tech (Alum, Graphite,...strictly for girls and weaklings)
And every level of baseball from LL through the NCAA D1 College World Series.

Hmmmm...you don't consider the growing number of wood bat-only high school, junior college, and summer leagues, including 18U Connie Mack, to be within that range? The best 18U players in the nation are using strictly wood this summer. Times are changin' "Old Timer"...for the better.
I prefer wood bat. My son (16U and 18U teams) has a sixty-four game summer schedule. Only two tournaments are metal bat. But to say metal is only for girls is absurd given it's used at the highest level of amateur play.

As far as I'm concerned the "metal bats are cheaper" argument is over with the cost of today's metal bats. In my son's sixteen wood bat games so far they've broken a handful of bats. The team buys them in bulk at $20 per bat.

Another thing I like about wood bats if one doesn't feel comfortable it's a $20 mistake, rather than being married to the wrong $300 bat for a year.
Last edited by RJM
What is you opinion on the best wood bat with the most pop? My son likes a balanced bat, a bat that is not quite so end heavy. Currently he is using the V12, but likes the Voodoo also. He does not like the Easton Stealth Speed stiff handle because he thinks it is end heavy. We have to get a new wood bat for the area code tryouts in a few days. He just broke a bat he loved--Italian maple--which we would not be replace in days. Thanks for your opinions.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.