Skip to main content

The baseball he hit for his 3000th base hit is in the Smithsonian Institution. He was the first inductee into the Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame, in 1973 and the Polish National Hall of Fame. In 1972, he achieved the unique distinction of becoming the first foreigner to receive the Polish government's Merited Champions Medal, their highest sports award. He was awarded Poland's highest civilian honor, the Cavalier's Cross Order of Merit.

us Polish folk................how nice
quote:
Originally posted by Bear:
For those that have played or managed a ball club on any level....

Maybe Parra's & Fielder run-in might motivate Parra to pitch better against Washington on Sunday at home at Miller Park, where he does well.

For those that follow it. Did you happen to note Manny Parra had a tremendous quality start on Sunday, and the Brewers road trip is what playoff contenders are made of.

Interesting motivation techniques from Yost, Melvin and the players.
Many may forget how great a hitter he was and among the best of the best hitters that ever played the game. Yet none, who met him, will never forget how truly great a person he was & is.

I have a framed and signed Musial, Williams & DiMaggio poster in the den hanging on the wall next to the mounted Canadian Goose near the fireplace mantel.

Priceless.
Last edited by Bear
Actually Bear I did notice that and since that day of pushing and shoving the Brewers have been on a tear now on a 6 game winning streak (hope that's not a jinx). Also Ben Sheets had a great start, where he had been struggling. It does seem to be falling into place for them.

I am thinking a Brewers/Angels match up come October Fall Classic, unless some disaster of bibical proportions takes place for each team.
Last edited by TPM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.