Skip to main content

For all you folks who think OSU is gunna beat Oregon, I'm taking all comers. CD and I already have a high stakes bet going.

But before you agree to a bet, might want to look at how the two teams fared against common opponents.

Hint: Oregon used USC to mop up the rain puddles (which were mixed with Trojan tears) and also edged out Purdue. The Buckeyes lost to both.

And the Bucks don't have a quality win on their record, except for those so ridiculously overrated Hawkeyes.

All bets are ON!
quote:
Originally posted by bkekcs:
I'll try to watch this game however I'll be rooting for the Grizzlies.

I see you're Mountain West, so you have to be happy for Wyoming's win in the New Mexico Bowl. Kind of a roller coaster fourth quarter and OT. Glad to see the Cowboys come back and win.

My son (longsapper) was HS teammate of PK Ian Watts. They keep in touch online. We've had fun following him and Wyoming this season. Their QB is fantastic.

Here's a nice story about Ian.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/79708402.html
quote:
Originally posted by AntzDad:
quote:
Originally posted by bkekcs:
I'll try to watch this game however I'll be rooting for the Grizzlies.

I see you're Mountain West, so you have to be happy for Wyoming's win in the New Mexico Bowl. Kind of a roller coaster fourth quarter and OT. Glad to see the Cowboys come back and win.

My son (longsapper) was HS teammate of PK Ian Watts. They keep in touch online. We've had fun following him and Wyoming this season. Their QB is fantastic.

Here's a nice story about Ian.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/79708402.html

You are right. I was very pleased with Wyoming's win. My mother-in-law graduated from there. I hope the MWC can go 5-0, especially pulling for Utah and TCU.

Great story about Watts. Gotta be some adjustment, Philly to Cheyenne. Definitely a different culture.
Has he said anything about that adjustment?
Last edited by bkekcs
He's home for Christmas. He was at school today. He told my son it's a little different, but he loves everything there- the school, the location, the people and, of course, the fresh air. I think football helped him assimilate.

He said they're getting rings, too. We're really happy for him. He's a nice kid. Quiet, but confident. My son said 'he must like it out there, because he put spurs on his Air Jordans.' Smile

I forgot. He's also amazed by the 30,000 fans that come to the games.
Last edited by AntzDad
quote:
Originally posted by Tx-Husker:
How stupid does the BCS poll with Cincy rated above TCU look now? They need to pull the Big East automatic birth and give it to the Mountain West...4-0 in bowl games this year so far.

I totally disagree with this. The Big East is down this year but overall it's a good conference. That being said Florida is MUCH better than UC and the SEC is still probably the best conference if not the second best.

If you want to have someone lose their automatic bid then look at the Big 10 and the ACC in the past 5 years. The ACC is getting much better quickly but I'm not seeing much improvement in the Big 10.

Here is the alltime records of each conference according to www.bcsfootball.org

SEC 2 - 0 1.00
PAC 10 12 - 5 .706
Big East 6 - 5 .545
Big 12 7 - 9 .438
Big 10 8 - 11 .421
ACC 2 - 9 .182

The best % lies with the MWC but they only have a 2 - 0 record.

The WAC is the next non-BCS conference at 1 - 1 and the independents are 0 - 3.

This tells me a couple of things

1. The SEC is hands down the best
2. The Big East is a pretty good conference overall
3. The Big 10 and ACC have been terrible in years past
4. The BCS conferences have a monoply based on the fact only 7 games have had non-BCS schools
5. A playoff is needed

UC is not a bad team but they weren't of the same caliber as Florida. I like what Brian Billick said during the game (not sure if this is word for word) "I can see why Cincy is a top team but it does make me wonder just how good Alabama is"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.