Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PWM- Here's what I know about those 2 gloves.

All of the pudge gloves are 32.5 inch models. You can get both of the A2000 and the A2403 in other sizes, up to 34 inches.

The real difference I have seen between the two is that the A2000, which cost $100 more than the A2403, seems to be made with a little bit better leather. So it might last a little longer and break in easier. Whether or not that is worth the $100 is a personal choice.

Hope this helps!

Coach Fletcher
Last edited by DavidFletcher
My son has used the cheaper one for years. I think his orginal one is 10 years old now, its floppy and useless for games at this point, but hasn't torn. It was servicable for a long time. He also has the smaller 31.5 inch model which I don't think they sell anymore, although it shows up on e-bay once in a while, which is still around after 4 years. He liked the 31.5 glove the best. I don't think the expensive one is worth the extra money.
Go with the A2403 all day long. A2K may break in easier but isn't always desirable; the A2000 series mitts/gloves have proven themselves to be pretty good at every level. Don't confuse marketing and paid MLB endorsements with quality.

CollegeParent, my son got the 31.5" at a garage sale for $10 basically brand new (I even paid him back on that one); loved the pocket design and the mitt. Now has a 34" he'll use with the junkball picthers in HS; used it this summer exclusively on his summer team to finally get it broken in for HS. 34" is a big mitt but he has the huge hands to handle it easily. Other mitt he uses in HS is a 32" Kelley Proline; great mitt for the money with a shallow/medium pocket.
My son received his A2K mitt this week. The workmanship on the glove is outstanding. I had been advised to go with the A2403 because the A2K was a "heavy" glove. My son liked the looks of the A2K. It didn't make sense that Wilson would claim to spend more labor hours and use the best of the best hides to make a "heavier" glove. I called Wilson customer service and learned that on average the A2K is 3 ounces lighter than the A2403.
quote:
Originally posted by goMO:
any places that you guys go to to check out a bunch of gloves? Local Sports Authority, Modells or Dick's never seem to have anything worthwhile there..

For the most part the big chain stores never seem to carry the "good stuff", at least in our area, so you probebely need to find a local sporting goods store that carries the better baseball gear.

There aren't that many "good" catchers gloves on the market to choose from (you can pretty much exclude anything at a chain store) and I would imagine it would only take a few phones calls to find out who is carrying a particular model in stock. So if you find a store carring the wilson A2403, they will likely be carrying the higher end Rawlings also and/or will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.