Skip to main content

I'll take it. Ive been there before and left with nothing so the Malox would be a plus. Went in 2000 to the defending State Champs place first round of state playoffs. #1 down with a pulled muscle in his lower back. #2 had to pitch Friday to get us in. #3 5'7 140 lefty that hit about 73 on the gun but had a nasty 55 mph curveball. Now the team we are playing is defending state champs and been to the finals like three of the last four years. Five or six d-1 kids signed. We take bp and they have guys shagging on the other side of the fence. 400 to cf 385 alleys and 330 down the lines. And they were putting them in the street Im telling you what they had some men. Well we take bp and we look like a little league team I think one kid hit one that rolled to the fence. I was just hopeing not to get the five inning rule put on us. Well going into the fifth inning my little man is throwing a no no. These guys are lunging and looping and dribbling all over the place. We score two runs in the top of the fifth on a walk and two bloop singles behind short and second and then a passed ball. There kid was 88-90 with a hook and slider. Well we end up with 2 hits and they end up with two dinkers and we win 2-1. You just never know do you.
Good hitting teams usually have problems with "junk" ball pitchers and that is a fact

I recall us getting beat 2-0 by a kid throwing low to mid 70's---one of my guys comes back to the bench after K'ing muttering that the pitcher "ain't got nothing" --My answer was simple--"He must have something. Look at the scoreboard!!"
Last edited by TRhit
Yes, I've watched them quite a bit. Mine is an '05 so we've played against them for years.

Rob Wooten red-shirted last year so he's still a freshman. He has the potential to be as good as Robert Woodard was last year (who went 8-2).

Josh Horton is an amazing ball player. He could be the starting SS at virtually any college in the country and would have gone pro if his commitment wasn't so strong. He has the ability to play anywhere.

As probable role players this year, Reid Fronk and Chad Flack are hitting machines, though Reid might be a little closer to being ready for college hitting. Trice and Facchinei are excellent pitchers coming out of the western NC area.

I saw Andy Gale the fall of 2003 down at Jupiter, when he didn't have his best game and he was still very impressive. He could become another Bard. I haven't seen Putkonen but he has a great national reputation.

All that being said, my favorite player that they have in might be Kyle Shelton. He's the hardest working utility player you're ever going to see and he's a winner. He's going to play harder than you do until he wins ... and then he's going to hit the weights and get ready to beat you into the ground.

The 2005 class is just as good that they signed is pretty darn good too.
Justin Webb is going to go behind the plate this year for them he is a very athletic kid who played some second and third last year. Feshman Benji Johnson will back him up. Matt Ellington will probaly play some left field and Dh man that kid can swing it from the left side. In my opinion if there sticks are there with that staff they have they are going places this year. Coach Fox is a class man and a very good coach. He is doing an outstanding job of recruiting the NC area and getting some out of state studs as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.