Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Congrats to Darian Carpenter, Varina H.S. 2013, on making a verbal commitment to VCU.

Carpenter currently plays with RBA West Elite. He hit 2 home runs in East Cobb this week. Scouts tell me they were both unbelievable.

He is also one of the only high school players I know that played this past season with BBCOR (his other bat broke and he already had BBCOR). His bat speed and pure strength is off the charts.

If you haven't seen him swing the bat check him out here....
http://www.playinschool.com/rb...elite/carpenter.html

Rich
www.playinschool.com
Austin Nicely, a lefthanded pitching prospect, that also plays the outfield (switch-hitter!), recently committed to played his college ball at Virginia. Check out our FREE report on his commitment with quotes from Nicely and both his high school and summer team coaches!
Nicely also plays football and basketball at Spotswood High School, which is near Elkton, close to Harrisonburg! Lots of commitments coming in, so stay tuned for more!

LINK:
Nicely commits to UVA
Last edited by VirginiaPreps.com
Congrats to Jack.

You can see him swing the bat here. Due to his low pitch count earlier this year, we did not film a bull pen. Although if you saw him in the regionals or after you may have seen him lighting up some guns.

http://www.playinschool.com/ri...ves2012/roberts.html

Side note. I've been watching him throw for a few years but only just recently had the chance to work with him up close to get this footage. I told his father that I mistakenly pegged him as a typical "pitcher only" kind of tall lanky kid. I couldn't have been more wrong. He is a very big, very strong, very athletic kid. Who knows, he may force the UVa staff to keep his bat in the line up if he continues to swing a big bat.

Rich
www.playinschool.com
@PlayInSchool
quote:
Originally posted by QuadAAAA:
Any chance we can combine both 2013 Commitment strings? I think the best intentions got us down 2 different roads? Redbird, can you do that? Thx.

The other thread fizzled out last January. Here are the other 2013's that were mentioned that are not in this thread:

Charlie Yorgen (St. Chris) to ECU
Mac Caples (James River) to Va Tech
Nick Walker (Kellam) to ODU
Luke Scherzer (Powhatan) to Va Tech
Porter Reinhardt (St. Chris) to W&M
Nick Faison (Landsdown) to Norfolk State
Chase Bailey (Robinson) to W&M
Turner Bishop (Kellam) to ODU
Last edited by keewart

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.