Skip to main content

Thanks PDiddy! TCA starts 3-0 and wins their bracket in the Denton Tournament...

Irving Nimitz 0
Trinity Christian 8

7 inning complete game, 6-hit shutout for Foster,
William Schultz - 2 doubles, Foster - triple & double, James Leslie had four RBI

... and in the nightcap...

Trinity Christian 10
Denton High 7

Cole Thompson, Collin Jones and Michael Pair each throw 2 innings apiece with Jones earning the win... Foster led off game with a solo HR, Pair went 3-4 with a double and Schultz launched a 2-run blast.
Last edited by Natural
Ditto! Congrats, C. Jones, Jack and TCA.

Late report for 2/22 games in Baylor Medical tourney:

Colleyville Heritage - 8
Birdville - 5
Tim Maitland - HR and 4 RBIs

Colleyville Heritage - 4
S. Grand Prairie - 1

2 quality outings for CHHS starting pitchers although I missed both games. (Gotta remind the home office not to plan company events in the spring).

2/23 game - Colleyville Heritage and Georgetown play to 5 - 5 tie. 5 errors for CHHS led to tie but solid pitching for starter, Steven Hill (SOPH). Patrick Keenan (SR) with 2-run HR. Both teams ended 2-0-1 in the round robin play but my guess is that Georgtetown wins due to more runners to 3rd.
Marcus 18
Irving 8
Run rule after 5 innings of play
WP: B. Drown 2 Hits/ 1 run/ 3K's (pitched first 3 innings)

HR: Marcus: M. Pitts hit 2 in one innings for 3 runs then 2 runs. J. LeGuen walk-off 1 run HR to win the game. IRV: Harris 1 run.

The wind was good to the hitters and tough on the pitchers, I felt as though I was in Kansas awaiting ToTo's arrival......

Mesquite lost to Frisco and is playing Irving right now. Marcus will play Frisco @ 5:30 for 5th place/winner of the consolation bracket.
quote:
Originally posted by minescatcher18:
I just got a call from the parents and Arlington Seguin beat McKinney North 20-6.

WP Hensley 6ip 7Ks 6hits

The cougars had 19 hits...

Man do I wish I wasn't missing out on all this Texas baseball

North used 2 JV pitchers in this one and another V pitcher that won't see much action this season. Our heads were up our you know whats from the first pitch. No focus. Coach G made them go back to school and spend some time on the warning track going back and forth quite a few times.

Hensley gave up 6 K's & 7 Hits to be exact. He did a good job.
Last edited by Old Pitcher
Old Pitcher do I sense some sarcasm or in some way trying to undermind the cougars win? If north is as good as everyone says they are they should know that everytime out they have a target on their back. I can guarantee you on that bus ride over to the game the cougars were talking about how good y'all are supposed to be and wanted to go out and prove they can play. I'm sure there were errors on both sides and mistakes were made but in the end jv pitchers or not your coach put those guys out their to represent you and he wanted to win so don't down play the loss by saying the guys that pitched for you were below average. Sorry it just seemed like you were trying to take something away from seguin.

and yeah I will say that I'm proud that my little brother came out and pitched effectively thanks for correcting my stats as far as hits and k's
Baylor Regional Medical Center - First Pitch Classic

Georgetown 8 / South Grand Prairie 2

Georgetown 6 / Birdville 4

Georgetown 4 / Colleyville Heritage 4 (GT wins tie breaker)

Georgetown 14 / Fossil Ridge 12

Georgetown 11 / Boswell 8

The last 2 games were played in continuous 40+ mph wind (complete with a dust storm). We were able to watch the games and the rooftops being damaged in the adjacent neighborhood.
Consolation Bracket

Winner: FM Marcus with a win over Frisco 15-6
Fifth Place for the tourney and 4-1 Record for Marcus. Nice to see the team find their bats this week, of course the wind was generous in several games....

need to get clarification on who would be the winning pitcher Pressley went 3 innings and Holland finished out the next 3 innings.

HR: Bryan Douglas-Marcus
Last edited by oldbat-never
minescatcher18 get off your soap box. You are doing exactly what you are accusing Old Pitcher of doing. I would agree if they pitch Appleby or Lykie that team would eat dust. His is not playing down the lost just providing the board with additional infoirmation. Lets see where both Arlington Seguin and Mckinney North is this June.
Last edited by SWAC
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
minescatcher18 get off your soap box. You are doing exactly what you are accusing Old Pitcher of doing. I would agree if they pitch Appleby or Lykie that team would eat dust. His is not playing down the lost just providing the board with additional infoirmation. Lets see where both Arlington Seguin and Mckinney North is this June.

SWAC,

Considering that you can have a direct impact on games, it concerns me as the parent of an opposing player in McKinney North's district (West of McKinney) that you may have a bias towards this team.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.