Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Big Red, No apology needed. What is the record of your 1,2,3. Enough said. Win in the playoffs 3 or 4 rounds deep and I may agree. Good Luck

They aren't MY 1,2,3. I just happen to have seen all three of Jesuit's, and two of YOURS.

Wins and losses are as much a reflection of run support as they are of the way a kid actually pitched.

Is there any way we can get you to stop talking about 2008? I'm not sure what your connection with that team is, but you sure do seem to act like you had something to do with it.

Anyway, I'm done arguing. I had a feeling when I posted that that I was going to get some kind of reaction. I was trying to make point that you need more than two, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.
Where did I mention 2008. Sorry the truth hurts. Until you have kids who have played at a high level in the playoffs quit making comments that have zero basis in fact. I said you guys are starting to hit and it may help you win 8-5A. Nobody on the hill overwhelms anyone who has watched you play. Good luck the rest of the way. Have fun and enjoy the ride.
quote:
Where did I mention 2008. Sorry the truth hurts. Until you have kids who have played at a high level in the playoffs quit making comments that have zero basis in fact. I said you guys are starting to hit and it may help you win 8-5A. Nobody on the hill overwhelms anyone who has watched you play. Good luck the rest of the way. Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Please stop saying YOU GUYS. I am not connected to Jesuit.

And you don't even have to leave these boards to know that the Jesuit 1-2 don't OVERwhelm but UNDERwhelm with very good change ups. They also both post very respectable K numbers, for that matter. Clearly you know little about the game.

And I couldn't tell you MPH wise how hard du Grey throws, but I'd wager it could start with a 9.
Big Red, I'm sorry you have to face hornsr1 tonight, he seems to have a big case of PMS. I agree with you that he still lives in the past with regard to the PW 2008 team. He made a comment earlier this year about PW "finding" a shortstop. I asked him twice, once in a thread and once in a PM to state who that shortstop was and he did not respond. I know more than several of their players and I was just curious if it was a new freshman or someone else. Thought that was strange.

Also, relating to the status of Ford, some of us just want to know the status of a player because we care and we want to see all these young men succeed. I was curious myself but gosh, I'm glad I didn't ask the original question. I have parent friends at PW baseball and I can assure you I want them to succeed. I don't know whats going on there but most of us just wanted an update on the kid. It was a simple innocuous question. Some of the PW posters need to chill out.
Seems pretty simple to me; If you don't like Hornsr1 posts, don't read them! Calling someone names because you dislike their behavior/speech/opinion just illustrates your lack of maturity to be 'above' the behavior you are "condeming" or your lack of intelligence to come up with a response to the post you disagree with. JUST MY OPINION.
quote:
Originally posted by six2four2three:
Boyd 13 Plano West 3.

Stole my thunder there bud Wink. Great atmosphere out at Bronco Field tonight as Boyd beat PW 13-3 in 5 innings. I guess the secret to large crowds is to tell a bunch of high school kids there'll be free food there.

WP: Doug Ashby
LP: Robert Huber

HR: Tyler Neporadny

I don't have all the stats at the moment but Boyd had a lot of guys step up and hit the ball well tonight and Doug did a nice job of shutting them down after the 1st inning.
Bronco, how perception rules over reality. How many hard line drives were hit off of Doug Ashby?? At least 5 that would have ended the game in the other direction, but LUCK was on your side in the field and behind the plate (worst ump known to man). MB didn't have a ball hit out of the infield until the 4th inning and had 90% of MB hits came AFTER Huber left. Huber types are what you face in the playoffs and you wont get the benefit of squeezing the opposing pitcher on neutral fields.

Congrats on getting the win. Good Luck the rest of the year.It is good to be lucky.
quote:
Bronco, how perception rules over reality. How many hard line drives were hit off of Doug Ashby?? At least 5 that would have ended the game in the other direction, but LUCK was on your side in the field and behind the plate (worst ump known to man). MB didn't have a ball hit out of the infield until the 4th inning and had 90% of MB hits came AFTER Huber left. Huber types are what you face in the playoffs and you wont get the benefit of squeezing the opposing pitcher on neutral fields.

Congrats on getting the win. Good Luck the rest of the year.It is good to be lucky.

Really? Am I reading your post correctly?

Plano West had a 13-3 run rule loss because of bad LUCK?
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:

Wow...not sure how to respond. Blue cost PW 10 runs? I would rather give Boyd some credit for their effort. BTW, how many runs did PW score after the top of the 1st? Confused
quote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You suck. I imagine you weren't able to attend this game as well......
Horns, your lack of sportsmanship never ceases to amaze me. At the same time it doesn't surprise me either. Boyd won last night because they were the better team. I told Robert's dad after he came out last night that I thought the umpire did squeeze him, and both guys had a little drop in velocity as it looked like they were just trying to find the guy's zone. After the first, Doug said he was trying to pitch more toward contact to keep his pitch count down and it worked. Yes, PW hit a few baseballs hard but that's why you have fielders behind you. I hope PW gets it going again so they can represent 8-5A in the playoffs.
Bronco

Did I not say that PW would struggle in the 2nd half of district play because of internal/external distractions?? That was the difference, PW has more talent, but you deserved to win the game. MB has not shown they can hit good pitching and when Huber was in, there was nothing but a seeing eye hit down the 3rd base line.

Without a stud pitcher, you may struggle in the playoffs. If PW makes it, assuming they mentally turn it around, it will be a short run because of a poor infield.

Good Luck and Congrats on a big win for MB.
As my high school coach used to say, excuses are like ********s; everyone has one and they all stink. As far as stud pitchers go, ours has about a 1.50 ERA, leads all DFW 5A pitchers with a 7-0 record, and beat you guys last night. Did he rack up the K's last night? No, and that wasn't what he was looking for. Did he keep PW off the scoreboard after the 1st inning. Sure did. Great all-around effort hitting, pitching, and defensively by the Broncos.
I'm fully aware that PW is playing without one of its best players right now. The reality is that nobody knows if his presence would've had any impact on the outcome of the game whatsoever. Yes, this is the most successful season Boyd has had thus far. It takes time to build up a new program and Coach Milam has done a great job doing that. I'm sure PW didn't come out of the gate winning championships and what not at the beginning of their existence. And, just for the sake of being factually correct this is the second time Boyd has beaten PW in 4 years. Clearly, PW owns the all-time record between these two teams, but the same pitcher that won the game last night also beat PW when he was a freshman. Just sayin...
quote:
Originally posted by Pick Johnson:
What is the average age of those who post on this thread?

Does it really matter? We're all just expressing our opinions on a game last night. Obviously, horns and I disagree (not uncommon) since we have rooting interests in opposite teams. BTW, horns our overall record against PW is 2-4. We've only been in 8-5A two years and sadly, won't be next year.
Well when it comes to the proper uses of excuses, Hornsr would be the one I'd listen too... Bad Umps, lucky hits, lack of a player, and so on. Yes, Historically PW has had Boyd's number, but the tides may be turning now. It took Boston 86 years to figure things and look at them now. By that comparison Boyd is way ahead of schedule haha. Best of luck to both teams come playoff time as I'm sure 8-5a will make plenty of noise come May.
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Baseball:
quote:
Originally posted by Pick Johnson:
What is the average age of those who post on this thread?

Does it really matter? We're all just expressing our opinions on a game last night. Obviously, horns and I disagree (not uncommon) since we have rooting interests in opposite teams.

Really doesn't matter, but since we're expressing opinions let me just say it's no wonder why we often hear of trouble looming on our kids with the childish attitude of assumed adults.
Last edited by Pick Johnson
okay first off i think all this is dumb.. this horns guy is makin every excuse in the book the strike zone was the same for both teams.. take my word for it boyd played better defense all around and no actually i believe the first hit out of the infield was a double down the line in the 3rd by dylan neal and then once again a line drive base hit to left by the same kid. blake douglas evan williams and tyler neporadny all had 1 or more hits off huber for rbi's so plano west fans suck it up and take a loss the broncos are having a good year and PW just got out played for once and they cant take it so shut up.. good luck to plano west in the playoffs.
Horns, 2008 was an amazing season for West I won't deny that. How could we forget as you keep eloquently reminding all of us? As Bronco pointed out Jesuit is out playing everyone so this all may be a moot point. This is the best time of year with district races heating up and the MLB season finally underway so lets just take a step back and see what unfolds in 2010. DTW... ease up buddy, I don't want this thread becoming blocked like the old 8-5a thread.
oh my bad i thought we were talking about 2010 haha ur right i am a moron. i forgot that we were talking about 2 years ago? haha silly me. if you want to post something about a state championship im sure theres a "my team is underachieving so im gonna talk about the past" forum on here somewhere. but this is for 2010 only. sorry bro
Ok I don’t have a dog in this fight and I don’t care anything about MB or PW. But Horns you act like the “Play-offs” are harder then winning the Masters. You also act like the PW team of 2 years ago was the 62 Yankees. I know the kids on that team very well and they had a few really good players but who are you kidding. I know I will get hammered by saying this and I don’t want to take anything away from the kids but that team would get beat by a top 16U select team. Stop living in the past and take sons state championship ring off.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.