Skip to main content

McKinney Boyd: 7
FM Marcus: 4

WP - Blake Douglas

Don't count us out yet. We were down 4-1 going into the top of the 6th and managed to close the gap to 4-3. We then tied the game in the 7th before taking a 7-4 lead in the eighth. Blake Douglas pitched an incredible game going all eight innings. These guys showed a lot of heart and hopefully we can come up with another win tomorrow. Boyd and Marcus play at 1 PM tomorrow at Prosper.
quote:
Originally posted by Bronco Baseball:
McKinney Boyd: 7
FM Marcus: 4

WP - Blake Douglas

Don't count us out yet. We were down 4-1 going into the top of the 6th and managed to close the gap to 4-3. We then tied the game in the 7th before taking a 7-4 lead in the eighth. Blake Douglas pitched an incredible game going all eight innings. These guys showed a lot of heart and hopefully we can come up with another win tomorrow. Boyd and Marcus play at 1 PM tomorrow at Prosper.

Hmmmm...just curious what the pitch count was going 8 full innings. Let's hope the MB coach was putting the pitchers health before the team and not the other way around.
FM Marcus: 7
McKinney Boyd: 4

Congratulations to Marcus. They played very tough and earned the right to move on. I also want to congratulate the Bronco players and coaches. They took a huge step forward this year making the program's first ever playoff appearance. Nobody was ready for it to be over yet, but those boys put everything they had into it and all the parents, siblings, and other fans are very proud of them. Boyd has a great group of players coming back and should continue to be very successful next year. Good luck to Jesuit and PW. Hopefully one you can represent 8-5A in Round Rock.
Jesuit 4 - SLC 3... Jesuit wins the first two games of the series and moves on to the third round to play Plano West. What a great game! SLC came to play and opened the game with a first pitch home run and scored 3 runs in the top of the first on Jesuit starter Jacques de Gruy. From that point on de Gruy was focussed and had his fast ball, slider and curve ball working for strikes. de Gruy didn't allow a hit or a run for the next 5 innigs... The entire Jesuit team played very well. Junior Zack Redding hit a solo home run and there were timely hits with RISP. Ahead 4 -3 in the top of the 7th de Gruy struck out the first batter, walked the second, allowed a single to right and with two on, struck out the next 2 batters to end the inning and the game. de Gruy was 89 - 91; touched 93, allowed 5 hits , 9 K's and 3 walks. Go Rangers!!!
Last edited by waveinator
Be careful what you wish for (1 game series)! Cedar Hill and SLC are two very mediocre teams. PW handled 2 great pitchers on the same night with ease. FM was a very good team with lots of bats. I don't think anyone would want to play PW in a 1 gamer with the way they are swinging the bats and Huber is pitching.

Should be very interesting with Bell gone and Ford back in PWs lineup. Congrats to Jesuit for getting this far, Jones has done a great job.
Jesuit and PW split the district series this year and Jesuit won the league championship outright. The last time they played Jesuit won and i believe that Jesuit (de Gruy) threw a 2 hitter agianst them. One game or three games.. It is what it is, an everyone is playing under the same rules... Whatever unfolds, i believe that this will be another N TX great game. We'll let the boys decide who has the better TEAM in 2010!
Did Ford play against Jesuit in the 2nd game? Is Bell playing? Jesuit scored 3 runs off of a PW JV pitcher the last time out. How many runs did they score off of Huber? I guess you didn't hear or see the game they played vs FM. Can't wait, different lineup, different pitcher this time around.

I am sure whoever wins will represent 8-5A well. Good Luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.