Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by UpperDeck:
R H E
Jesuit 9 8 2
Boyd 4 7 2

This was a game that had all the look and feel that Boyd was going to win. They were cruising with a 4-1 lead after 5 innings. And then in the bottom of the 6th inning, Jesuit got to the Boyd relief pitchers and before you knew it, 8 runs had come across before Boyd got an out.

Another complete game by the Jesuit starter, tonight it was deGruy. Out of the 11 district games played, 10 of the games have been a complete game by the Jesuit starters.

Bronco...hopefully you can give the deserved credit to the Boyd starting pitcher. He pitched pitched really well.

Congratulations to Jesuit for clinching the 8 5A district championship.

What a crazy game. Blake Douglas threw 5 strong innings for the Broncos. Unfortunately the wheels just fell off in the sixth. Big time congrats to the 2010 8-5A district champion Jesuit Rangers. These guys should do very well in the playoffs with the pitching depth they've got.
With Plano East's victory over Allen last night the four teams representing 8-5A in the state playoffs are set. Congrats to Jesuit, McKinney Boyd, Plano West and Plano East. Jesuit is the #1 seed but seeds 2 through 4 have yet to be determined. I'd also like to mention that my 4 preseason picks to make the playoffs all did make the playoffs Big Grin. Hopefully each team will make a good run and show everybody else what a strong district 8-5A is.
Congrats to Jesuit for winning the '09-'10 baseball district title by at least two games. That is a tremendous turnaround from last year. Also, congrats to the other three teams that made the playoffs. This district should be one of the top districts in North Texas. The boys had to bring their A game for every contest in order to be successful. Let's all pull for the 8-5A temas to go deep into the playoffs.
Congrats to Jesuit on the district title, major turn around to say the least. I see 3 out of the 4 representatives going deep in playoffs with all winning at least the opening round. It's an interesting mix among these teams, West has the experience, East has the intangibles, Jesuit is loaded up and down the lineup, and Boyd... let us not forget what happened last time Coach Milam took a team into the playoffs. Time for 8-5A to do some damage!
quote:
Originally posted by LionPop:
quote:
Boyd and Plano West play at Allen tomorrow at 4 PM to decide who's the #2 seed and #3 seed

Bronco - Is this game still on today at 4:00?

So far it is. I'm not really sure what each team's strategy is going into this game. I don't see a whole lot of difference in being the #2 or #3 seed. If each team is able to win the first round then the #2 will most likely draw Colleyville Heritage in round 2 and the #3 seed will most likely draw Flower Mound. Either way round 2 will be a challenge should both teams make it there.
McKinney Boyd: 10
Plano West: 9

WP: Alex Bruu

What an incredibly exciting game. It didn't look good early for the Broncos as West jumped out to an 8-2 lead, but Boyd put together a 7 run 5th inning capped off by a 3-run double by Blake Douglas to take a 9-8 lead. After West tied the game at 9-9 Shane Sharkey hit a walk-off double in the bottom of the 7th for the win. The victory gives Boyd the #2 seed out of 8-5A with West taking the #3 seed.
Last edited by Bronco Baseball
quote:
Originally posted by ExWrangler:
Hey Bronco,
What Longballs is referring to is....
Marcus plays Collyville in the 1st round of playoffs. Collyville has not played well as of late and Marcus surprised some going pretty deep in the playoffs last year. Can Marcus pull of an upset of C. Heritage? Anyway, winner gets winner of Boyd and Grand Prairie I believe.

Ah, gotcha. It's easy to look at the brackets and say this should happen or that should happen, but obviously nothing is guaranteed for any team once the game starts.

Boyd and Grand Prairie play game 1 Thursday at Grand Prairie. Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) will be at Boyd on Saturday.
GO HORNS! What an exciting season for the Horns. The Horns must have had 5-6 similar exciting games all season that just didnt go their way.

Hamrick went 8 solid innnings. What an outting by this young man.

Congrats to Jesuit! Good luck!

Horns:
C. Ramos 3-4 (2b,2-rbis)
J. Reyna 2-4 (2b,run)
J. Faulkner 1-4 (2b)
Last edited by 2010DAD
Turned out to be a very good game. Jesuit jumped on top early and had a chance to put the game away early but couldn't. Cedar Hill never gave up and came back in the 6th to tie the game and capture the momentum. Great job by Jesuit not panicking and playing tough minded baseball, stepping up and winning in the bottom of the ninth. Timely and clutch hitting by the number 9 hole hitter Jack Savage for the RBI that won the game and a great performance by Jacques de Gruy to come in for relief for 2 2/3 innings, striking out 6, and allowing 1 hit and no runs. Jacques' velocity was 91 to 92 and touched 94. Great win Rangers!!
Update: Well, amazingly enough, both teams have decided to continue play this evening now that the bad weather has come and gone. Action is expected to resume at 10:10 p.m.

Top of second (continued): . It's 10:22 p.m. and Zak Adams has taken the mound for Flower Mound, replacing starter Steven Bruce. Billy McKinney digs back into the batter's box he left almost two hours ago.

from DMN blog
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Bronco,

Where are you?, need an update please?

My bad, I posted the the Boyd/FM Marcus score in the 5A Area Round thread. Marcus beat us 7-2 last night. We were up 2-0 until the 5th when we committed 4 errors and Marcus took it from there. The Marcus pitcher Gill was definitely unconventional with his different arm angles and wind-ups, but he has very good stuff. Fortunately it's a 3-game series so hopefully the rain stays away.
quote:
Originally posted by ExWrangler:
Hey Bronco

Do you or does anyone know the rule if Friday and Sarurday gets rained out? I believe Sat. May 15th is deadline for Area round to be completed. If you are up 1-0 do you get the nod into the next round? What if no game have been played yet? Not the dreaded "coin flip" to see who goes on?????

I'm not positive but I would think if we got rained out today then we'd try to play two games tomorrow if necessary. If today and tomorrow were to be rained out then I've heard it basically becomes a one game series, in which case Marcus would obviously advance. I'm hoping we get to settle this on the field though.
From the UIL Site http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athl..._district_packet.pdf

CERTIFICATION DATES FOR BASEBALL PLAYOFFS
May 15 Last date to determine area champions, All Conferences.

RAIN (Bad Weather) POLICY

Every effort must be made by both teams to determine the winner before the certification deadline. This includes obtaining neutral sites and securing any available field. This could mean giving up a home field advantage if another field is playable.
• If weather conditions make it impossible to determine a winner before certification, UIL must be contacted for an extension. The next round opponent(s) must also be contacted to inform them that the deadline will be extended.
• In all play-off games, suspended games shall be continued from the point of suspension at a later time.
• Extreme scheduling difficulties such as those mentioned above could result in a coin flip which would determine the representatives to the next round.
• A team completing a playoff round on Saturday or Monday cannot be required to flip for a playoff date prior to Wednesday, unless mutually agreed.
• A team completing a playoff round on Tuesday cannot be required to flip for a playoff date prior to Wednesday, unless mutually agreed.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.