Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by cowboy2007:
where is taft now at home playing playstation.
watch out for clemente because they going to take that city ship because they got the player and the heart that something no one can take.(wacth out bottle of they line up #2,#9,#21,#11 they are danger too just come and see or ask taft0

I think LT will have a lot to say about that.
Also other than #21 those other players are just average. But I enjoyed watching Taft play a
quality team so we could see how their regular season record was a mirage.
Let me just say something about Taft. My son's team (Glenbrook North), play them in the first round of the state tournament. Even though we beat them, they were a quality team with good pitching and good hitting. I feel that if we had not been throwing our #1 pitcher, who is going to Bradley University next fall, they might well have beat us. Unfortunately for Taft the only two errors that they made in the game came in the same inning and we were able to get some runs as a result. To me they were one of the better teams that we played all year. If their record was a mirage, it was a very good one. To go 24-0 is very difficult, even against "inferior" competition. Even the best teams have an off day occasionally and would have difficulty winning 24 in a row.
quote:
Originally posted by Hopperhop:
Let me just say something about Taft. My son's team (Glenbrook North), play them in the first round of the state tournament. Even though we beat them, they were a quality team with good pitching and good hitting. I feel that if we had not been throwing our #1 pitcher, who is going to Bradley University next fall, they might well have beat us. Unfortunately for Taft the only two errors that they made in the game came in the same inning and we were able to get some runs as a result. To me they were one of the better teams that we played all year. If their record was a mirage, it was a very good one. To go 24-0 is very difficult, even against "inferior" competition. Even the best teams have an off day occasionally and would have difficulty winning 24 in a row.

I stand by my statement. Who did they beat?
Teams in their weak conference TWICE! There wasn't a quality team in those 28 wins and thats a fact. But it is something to build on for next year. Play a tougher schedule it'll only help in the long run.
quote:
Originally posted by cowboy2007:
clemente did not win state but they will win city .they have the best line up in the city 12,15,10,08,17,2,9,21,11 now tell me any other line better than that in the city 7 of the 9 batting over .350 and like 4 batting over .400

You should NEVER look past the team your playing next. They beat a pretty good team.
Cub...With so many talking about attendance instead of "on field performance of the team", I'm surprised that the Tribune doesn't use some of that turnstyle money to finally repair the underside of the upper deck....Wait...wait...It's only been 3-4 years!

Cubs haven't won a World Series in forever, so maybe they won't repair the falling concrete 'til 2086...when the Cubs should finally be in a World Series.

Go White Sox!
Congratulations to Lane and Clemente.

See the Chicago Sun Times, June 8 - page 94 for a complete listing of the CPS All Public Baseball Team. The team was selected by Public Leagues coordinator, Eddie Curry. The Public League All Stars will play the Catholic League stars on June 26 at U.S. Cellular Field.

CPS Baseball........it's getting better all of the time!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.