Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by bears2686:
Thanks for the infomation....... If its clementes ace its either estrada or belen......anyone kno who.......Im guessing taft pitched hes there number 1......howd he pitch?

I think it was Belen, not 100% sure but taft didnt pitch there #1...the #1 is sophomore Chris Rivera, Garza pitched a complete game, gave up 5 hits
I'm not sure wether it was their ace that pitched or not. For Taft, it was the #2 pitcher hes a junior. Clemente scored their first run in the first with a leadoff bunt, stoled 2nd, sac groundout to the 1st basemen, runner advanced to 3rd and basehit to left to score the run. great run manufacturing. Taft answered in i think the 3rd with a leadoff single, then a double to the leftfeild wall after scoring the guy from 1st. it stayed that way until the bottom of the 6th.
After the lead off walk got picked off of first, and the 2nd batter k'ed. The 3rd batter walked to 1st. With 2 outs and the middle playing a shade to the left, the hitter got jammed hitting a bloop to right behind first and it dropped in to put runners on 1st and 3rd. 3 pitches into the batter with an 0-2 count a curveball hit off the plate and took a bounce off the catchers mask away from the plate letting the runner from 3rd score making it 2-1.
In the top of the 7th Taft threatned with a leadoff single, then a walk. With runners on 1st and 2nd, 0 outs, Taft failed to bunt the runners over. The first out was a pop-out to the 3rd basemen. While the next batter was up, the runner on first had to get back to first after a snap throw from the catcher, but the first basemen completely blocked the bag while scooping the ball to tag him out. The batter then hit a ball up the middle feilded by the shortstop for the final out of the game.

I believe the final stats were.
Clemente 2 5 0
Taft 1 4 0

Hard fought game. Couldve gone either way.
Clemente's Ace is Belen and Estrada is there numnber two they both share it really like wood and prior did. But Belen pithced against Taft. So why did the MP vs Lane game get stopped? if Lane was up 9-1 why protest its pretty much done with. so what are the times and matchups for UIC this weekend i know clemente, Young, Mather, are in
Lane 23 Morgan Park 5
This was the make-up game (9-1 Bottom 5th) of the protested contest that started on Wed. We replayed the game again from the beginning today.
We will choose to be the bigger person and drop the matter and move on.

Lane vs. Kenwood 10am @ Clemente
Winner vs. Mather 3:30 @ Brooks
Young vs. Clemente 5:30 @ Brooks

Finals Monday @ Wrigley

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
www.doitrightbaseball.com
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR
CPS City Semi-Finals
Lane 5 Mather 4
Lane pulls off a miracle trailing 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th. A GREAT HS Baseball game where both teams played so hard. I am very proud of our boys coming back after going through all of the CPS BS and coming through having to play 3 games in less than 24 hours.

CPS City Championship
Monday May 21,2007 @ 2pm Wrigley Field
Lane vs. Whitney Young

BeenThere- The score (23-5) was indicative of the level of frustration of our players and coaches at the dirty, lowdown, cowardice matter at which this team and others around it (collusion) tried to pull against our kids. PM me and I will go into detail, not pretty! We run a program with the utmost class, we will never run it up on anyone unless they ask for it.

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
www.doitrightbaseball.com
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR
quote:
Originally posted by BeenthereIL:
Easy to be the "bigger person" when you pound someone 23-5.

Hey, first time I ever, in my life, was happy to see that kind of score. Seemed to me to be a just ending to a b-ugly situation. I was proud of Lane, all things considered. No matter what games anyone else was playing this week, our boys only played ONE game - baseball. I think the "bigger person" thing was more about NOT saying that sort of thing than about the score. I'm not quite as big as Stringer. ((shrug)) As a mom, sometimes, I think some things call for a spanking.
Last edited by annalovesbooks
See RECAP posted in Whitney Young at Wrigley Thread, but will post here as well.........

Under the lights at beautiful Brooks Academy Field on Saturday night, May 19 it was the Whitney Young Dolphins getting the Big Time Win over Clemente in the Semifinal Playoffs 10-5. Young now advances to the CPL City Championship Game which will be played on Monday. The prize is getting the privilege to play at Wrigley Field in another Big Time game versus Lane Tech.

On Saturday night, Young scored the first run of the game to take a 1-0 lead, however Marvin Sanchez of Clemente answered the call hitting a 1st pitch home run off of Young's starter Jim Clement in the bottom of the 1st inning which quickly tied the game. At the end of the first inning of play Clemente was leading 4-1. Clemente however, scored their only other run in the 2nd inning when Sanchez crossed the plate one more time again.

However, it was in the 5th inning that Young really came alive and pounded out 7 Hits in a huge 9 Run, 5th inning surge to overtake Clemente who had been leading the game 5-1, and were looking very much to be the team in control. But in the fifth, Clemente struggled mightily to find an answer as a torrent of hits began as a large Young fan turnout cheered the Dolphins on urging them to continue the rally. Clemente made 2 pitching changes in an inning that never seemed to end!

In the bottom of the 6th inning, the winning pitcher James Coleman (D-1 prospect) showed his tenacity getting out of a bases loaded jam and shutting the door on Clemente. A key strike out with the bases loaded got the second out and a 6-4 play stopped Clemente from scoring and ended the inning. Coleman was the Winning Pitcher and Max Freidman made an appearance, coming in to pitch with one out in the 7th inning and recording two K's to get the final two outs. In the final analysis James Coleman was absolutely stellar, pitching 4.1 pressure cooker innings while allowing No Runs and No Hits and recording 9-K's, 5-BB's and 1 HBP.

Congratulations to the entire Whitney Young Coaching staff. The baseball program is on a roll and heading upwards as the Young Sophomores advanced to the CPL City Championship earlier in the day. The Junior Varsity will face Lane Tech, going for a three peat in the Sophomore City Championship series. However, the real Capstone was the varsity team getting their Big Time win to advance to play Lane on Monday at Wrigley Field and will be making their first appearance in the CPL Championship!

This game had many Big Time highlights, but this observer notes that the two big ESPN Replays came during the 5th inning when the Designated Hitter, Elliott Greenhill hit a blast into center field which was shortly followed by Valmer Jordan's Big Time Homerun which was a 375 shot over the center field fence. Clemente struggled to find an answer to Young's onslaught, however by the time they got the first out in the inning, 8 runs had already crossed the plate.

A key defensive highlight came in the bottom of the 5th inning when Pedro Rosa quickly reacted to a deep hit to center field which he snared, recording the second out of the inning. This play was key to stopping a Clemente run from being posted to the scoreboard.

Also in the scorebook with Big Time Hits were Joe Frahm who was 2 for 4 with 2-Singles (2-RBI); Julian Kenner 2 for 4 with 2-Singles (RBI); Troy Wright 2 for 4 with 2-Doubles (RBI); Jim Clement 2 for 4 with Double and a Single; Eric Fone-Single.

Young scored 10 Runs on 11 Hits and 3 E's. Clemente scored 5 Runs on 5 Hits and 4 E's.

Game time is Monday at 2:00 pm. Admission and parking are free!

See you there. If you will be rooting for Young wear your Blue and Orange!
Last edited by mark ormond
I'm going to guess that all of the Daley boys made it...and of course Todd Stroger.

Probably Manny Flores, Toni Preckwinkle, Eddie Burke, Mike Zalewski, Danny Solis, Ed Smith, Ray Saurez, Dicky Mell, Emma Mitts, Pat O'Connor, Bernie Stone, and bat boy Tom Tunney.

Burt Natarus, unfortunately, did not make the team this year.

And Tony Peraica, although talented and deserving, was not let into the building while the ballots were being counted and as a result there was absolutely no way he was going to make the team...plain and simple! Wink
Last edited by gotwood4sale

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.