Skip to main content

Son has reached out to 30 different D1/D2 juco programs now. He's gotten maybe 3 camp invites, which he responded with a request to have a phone call (so he could gauge their need and level of interest since most are at least a full day's drive away). None of those schools responded. He did have a couple of schools that informed them they were finished with their recruiting for his class, which we deeply appreciated the honesty.

He was scheduled for a camp, but the school had to cancel it for poor weather. He's signed up for a college camp and a PBR showcase in November since I'm not sure coaches trust his self-reported numbers (Never did a PBR/PG showcase before). It's been frustrating for him because several of his teammates have received an offer or have already committed to a school. When he asked them what they think it was that got them the coach's initial attention they've said the following:

• My PBR/PG showcase numbers
  • I hired a recruiter
  • I tagged the coach on twitter
  • I know a person, that is connected to the coach.

I feel like the experts stress that numbers aren't as important as the player's ability to perform in game, but let's face it numbers capture attention and there are certain number thresholds that coaches are looking for. Anyone see this post? https://twitter.com/TJHannam10.../1716479391809613875

Ways coaches find their players: Word of Mouth 24%, Weekend Tournaments 20%, Showcase on Campus 11%, PG/PBR 16%, Social Media 20%, Player reached out 5%, recruiter 3%.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Levels of coaches in that survey (according to the graph on twitter):  D1 37%, D2 12%, D3 14%, Juco 33%, NAIA 4%.

I feel that on every thread on HSBBW about recruiting, someone says word of mouth is the most important.

It's not clear on their data, on "where do you find players", does that mean where do they first identify them?  or what gives them the most information to make a decision?  when it says PG/PBR does it means data from the website, or events they put on with coaches present?  Interesting that showcase off-campus is not a choice (there are so many of them, from Headfirst down to local ones).

I was looking at PG's commitment pages, and I was surprised by how many juco commitments there are already.  Surprised because in the Before Times, I think people might post those in the spring of senior year, not fall.

Last edited by anotherparent

Metrics are the flashy brochure that draws attention. The college coach still has to see the product.

I have an issue with recruiting services many of them just flood coach’s emails. They’re tossing spaghetti off the wall to see what sticks.

The best reference is a baseball person with college contacts and credibility who has seen the player perform. It’s best if it’s the player’s travel coach. But a personal instructor or baseball person who makes an effort to see the player play is next best.

There was a former poster on here who milked one son being a high first round draft pick and a second son going ACC into a consulting career. He consulted without ever seeing kids play. Yet he charged $1,500 (about $2,500 in 2023 money)

He advised one of my former 13u to 16u players to contact Vanderbilt and Stanford. Before moving on from coaching when my son went 17u I had advised the parents to think HA D3. This consultant wasted the parent’s money and the kid’s time. He ended up a career bench player at a HA D3.

Last edited by RJM

My 2024 has been getting bombarded by Juco coaches calling him the past few weeks since fall tourneys have wrapped up. He never had much interest in the juco route though, but is now getting intrigued.

He has several D3 offers & now just needs to decide. He has an overnight visit at one of the HA D3 front runners next week & will decide shortly after that.

My 2024 was offered and committed to a local D2 school that was not even on our radar.  He couldn't be happier.  He loves the coach, fell in love with the campus and cannot wait for next fall.  His senior HS season will be spent having fun with his freshman brother who has aspirations to pitch for Ohio State.  Can't wait to do it all again, with experience!!

Is your son a pitcher or a position player (I am assuming position player since you linked to a Trey Hannam post)?  Having just gone through this with my 2024 RHP, numbers definitely matter.  If he is a positional player, then 60 time is important to most schools unless he has college level power hitting potential (no one is looking for singles hitters unless they can really run -- low-mid 6s 60 seems to me).  EV is important but not everything as kid still needs to be able to put the barrel on the ball.  Also arm strength and positional velo, plus pop time if catcher.  Other skills also important for catchers such as leadership, receiving, blocking.  If a pitcher, then velo number one thing by far that gets you noticed, although not everything.  However, if don't meet their velo minimum they are not going to look.  Showcases help, but national level ones more than regional IMO, although they are useful to get verified metrics as you note.  One thing your son should be doing after he gets verified numbers and video is to make sure he is promoting himself on social media using Flat Ground and other accounts set up to get players free exposure. I can attest from my son's experience that using these can easily get your son seen by 20K or more people for free.  If he gets interest in this way, then they will need to see him play in person before they offer.  If he is HA (and even if not), should definitely be looking at D3 as well as this division has the largest number of programs and, unlike the D1s, they are still actively recruiting kids.  D1 has gotten a lot harder with the advent of the portal.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.  Good luck!

@gch4 posted:

Is your son a pitcher or a position player (I am assuming position player since you linked to a Trey Hannam post)?  Having just gone through this with my 2024 RHP, numbers definitely matter.  If he is a positional player, then 60 time is important to most schools unless he has college level power hitting potential (no one is looking for singles hitters unless they can really run -- low-mid 6s 60 seems to me).  EV is important but not everything as kid still needs to be able to put the barrel on the ball.  Also arm strength and positional velo, plus pop time if catcher.  Other skills also important for catchers such as leadership, receiving, blocking.  If a pitcher, then velo number one thing by far that gets you noticed, although not everything.  However, if don't meet their velo minimum they are not going to look.  Showcases help, but national level ones more than regional IMO, although they are useful to get verified metrics as you note.  One thing your son should be doing after he gets verified numbers and video is to make sure he is promoting himself on social media using Flat Ground and other accounts set up to get players free exposure. I can attest from my son's experience that using these can easily get your son seen by 20K or more people for free.  If he gets interest in this way, then they will need to see him play in person before they offer.  If he is HA (and even if not), should definitely be looking at D3 as well as this division has the largest number of programs and, unlike the D1s, they are still actively recruiting kids.  D1 has gotten a lot harder with the advent of the portal.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.  Good luck!

You are correct, position player. His top recorded 60 is a 6.69 (last June at a team camp at a D2 college) and he is a solid hitter with power. He had a hamstring injury this summer, so unfortunately that meant he couldn't run full speed for awhile. I'm hoping he's back to his normal self by the time he goes to the showcase. He's working on trying to promote himself more on social media. Definitely a kid that doesn't like to be the center of attention or even on camera. He'd rather spend his time training over posting. Good points...appreciate it.

I really enjoy reading everyone's journey - for us, like many, its been a marathon now with a bit of a sprint.  HS Coach and baseball types told son he was "D1 material" so focused perhaps too much on that outreach over the summer during travel ball schedule and attending those camps...even had an area code invite which cemented son's D1 beliefs.  Into the fall, coaches more than willing to invite kid to a camp but his performance didn't always match the previously printed metrics (on the 60 in particular... as soon as he started xc season he was unable to notch under 7.0 much to his chagrin.)  A couple of schools gave him the "we will call you this week" as he left their camps - we were all sailing high until that week turned a little longer and the coach ultimately said they wanted to watch him more this spring, which strikes me as particularly unlikely as they have their own seasons to attend to but 17 year olds don't always know when they are being broken up with?  Lots of life lessons here regarding communication and trust and the process that goes into building organizations, with many opportunities to discuss what are realistic goals for the next four years and beyond while not stifling dreams completely.  He has had both Juco and D3 including HAD3 offers, just made his decision for a HAD3 that I think is a great fit academically and athletically, with what appear to be truly decent people at the helm.  Thanks to all of HSBaseball Web for the regular stream of advice and counsel....

@midwesttbd, what strikes a chord with me (about your story) is, “HS coach and baseball types told son he was D1 material”

My 2 cent commentary on that is this. Most HS coaches are out of touch with college baseball in general post covid. Especially when it comes to recruiting. They don’t know what D1 material is in today’s world. Same is true for many “baseball types.” In today’s world, just because you may be good enough to play D1 doesn’t mean you will get the opportunity to do so. There are more good players than there are D1 roster spots. That is a fact that some people just fail to recognize. Many parents/kids get the same advice as you did and, to be candid, those people are doing a disservice to those they advise. Right now is the most difficult time ever for a player to make a roster at a competitive D1 program. Especially if they are a freshman position player. It sounds like you ended up in a good place and I hope it works out.

@Momball11 posted:

Son has reached out to 30 different D1/D2 juco programs now. He's gotten maybe 3 camp invites, which he responded with a request to have a phone call (so he could gauge their need and level of interest since most are at least a full day's drive away). None of those schools responded. He did have a couple of schools that informed them they were finished with their recruiting for his class, which we deeply appreciated the honesty.

He was scheduled for a camp, but the school had to cancel it for poor weather. He's signed up for a college camp and a PBR showcase in November since I'm not sure coaches trust his self-reported numbers (Never did a PBR/PG showcase before). It's been frustrating for him because several of his teammates have received an offer or have already committed to a school. When he asked them what they think it was that got them the coach's initial attention they've said the following:

• My PBR/PG showcase numbers
  • I hired a recruiter
  • I tagged the coach on twitter
  • I know a person, that is connected to the coach.

I feel like the experts stress that numbers aren't as important as the player's ability to perform in game, but let's face it numbers capture attention and there are certain number thresholds that coaches are looking for. Anyone see this post? https://twitter.com/TJHannam10.../1716479391809613875

Ways coaches find their players: Word of Mouth 24%, Weekend Tournaments 20%, Showcase on Campus 11%, PG/PBR 16%, Social Media 20%, Player reached out 5%, recruiter 3%.

I've read through the thread and the only point that rang true for me was the PBR/PG showcase numbers which is a natural by-product of attending these showcases.  These numbers can be meaningless unless there is a human interpreting them.  Frankly these other reasons are weak, especially in these hard recruiting times.  Word of mouth among baseball people is still the best way to get initial attention. 

You mention that his teammates have received offers or already committed to a school.  Is this high school teammates or travel teammates?  Did the high school coach or travel coach advocate for your son as well as the others?  Did you ask the high school or travel coach to help you reach out to college coaches?  Does your son play a competitive travel schedule where college coaches are in attendence watching your team and the opponents team?  PBR/PG showcases numbers don't mean much unless college coaches can validate them, and they really need to do that in person.   Every school that offered my son had seen him play at least twice.  Most were three times.

Everybody's recruiting strategy and journey is different.  Timing, planning, execution and luck are key elements.  A lot of people that come through HSBBWeb who have a difficult time with recruiting misread their son's talent level and the talent required to be recruited.  Some call this "fishing in the right pond".  How do you know your son is fishing in the right pond?  As someone who has been through this and fished in the wrong pond initially, I can tell you that you need to rethink where he is getting traction or even the slightest bit of interest.   You also need to look at timing.  It is possible that you've missed the recruiting window for your target schools and you need to rethink this.   One door closes and another door opens....the market is telling your son something.  He needs to listen to the marketplace, and adjust accordingly.  My son went through this roller coaster, so I know what you are dealing with.  Take a step back and rethink things one step at a time.   The hardest part for us was getting that first school seriously interested, and that happened because his travel coach was his champion.   Once one school is interested then Uncle Mo (momentum) steps in and makes things a little easier. 

JMO.  I wish you the best going forward!

My 2024 position player actually went thru the recruiting process with ZERO social media. He doesn't have ANYTHING!!  Word of mouth, top of the chart metrics and being in the right tournament at the right time was our ticket to a $12k D2 athletic scholarship.  He got a lot of pressure from his club coaches and teammates, but he was the first to be recruited and got more money than he probably should have. 

Right now it's very rough out there for 2024's are looking to go D1 out of high school.  I personally know of 2 kids who are still looking.  One was freed up by his P5 a couple months ago.  The other decommited from his school to try and move up.  They are both still looking for spots with adequate money.

Like @adbono said.  I was shocked at how little high school coaches know about the recruiting process, at least in my area.  My son's varsity coach actually called ME asking about his own son's offers, if they were good, etc. because as he said, "I know nothing about the current process, I'm just a high school teacher and coach."

We are definitely grateful for my son's club's recruiting coordinator. 

@SomeBaseballDad my son's times were 6.7 at PG Nationals and 6.54 at East Coast Pro. It garnered him nice offers from multiple P5 schools. He went pro instead. Across 4 levels of MiLB (Rookie ball, A, A+ and AA) play he played 152 games out of 231 in center field. I am not disagreeing with what you have heard and I don't mean to brag but I also do not want people on this board to be completely discouraged by your comment. I know things have changed since 2021 but not that much. Out of curiosity, I pulled up TN 2024 recruiting class and while there are several sub 6.5s, I also saw several position players north of 6.9 (including OF and SS).

@PTWood posted:

@SomeBaseballDad my son's times were 6.7 at PG Nationals and 6.54 at East Coast Pro. It garnered him nice offers from multiple P5 schools. He went pro instead. Across 4 levels of MiLB (Rookie ball, A, A+ and AA) play he played 152 games out of 231 in center field. I am not disagreeing with what you have heard and I don't mean to brag but I also do not want people on this board to be completely discouraged by your comment. I know things have changed since 2021 but not that much. Out of curiosity, I pulled up TN 2024 recruiting class and while there are several sub 6.5s, I also saw several position players north of 6.9 (including OF and SS).

First, TN isn't going to put a 6.9 in the OF. SS maybe but not OF. And even at SS I'd assume he excels because 6.9 running the bases isn't a plus.

My post was never meant to be discouraging. We were told coming up "rake and you'll play". My son took that too much to heart and was reluctant to work on speed. I can assure you he regrets that now. In this day and age if it doesn't come naturally a speed and agility coach is as important as a hitting coach. The time you can take off that 60 is as important as the percentage you can add to your BA.

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad
This gentleman (below) is a 5'10" 165 lb highlight reel that played in the WS last night.  Makes me wonder how a member's child, that is 6'6" 240 lbs with a 6.54 60 yard time, would project percentile wise if it was categorized by player's size instead of (what I guess is) their position?
PERCENTILE EXPLANATION
CATEGORYTOP RESULTPERCENTILE
FB80 mph49.45%
606.33 sec99.74%
10 SPL1.49 sec99.21%
OF91 mph94.60%

The old story "you can steal 1b"

During the 17 years of Area Code games and tryouts the Pro Scouts timed over 4,000 players. Speed is only one phase of a player's 6 tools. My favorite is "on base" %.  As a Coach, I set up my line-up with 10 factors.

Metrics are great for creating new MLB employment. The important metric is "wins"!!!

Question: how many ways to score from 3b with less at 2 outs?

Question: why did the scouts time pitchers?

Questions: When a player arrives at the field. Check the wind, the location of the sun, the condition of the grass, turf.

Watch the opposition infield practice. Does the 2b have superior range to his left or to his right? Does the SS backhand every ground ball? Is the catcher a one handed receiver? Does the pitcher have control of his 3 pitches?

Keep playing and learning the game.

Bob

Last edited by Consultant

Spot on Bob @Consultant !! Speed is only one tool. Baserunning is not just about speed. It's about knowing the pitcher, getting good jumps, instincts and a bit of moxy. Even OF is not just about speed. Can you read the ball off the bat and are you taking good routes? I also think scouts (college or pro) are looking at progression. Are you getting faster, throwing harder, hitting harder, etc. over time or did you hit your ceiling? Just my $.02

@fenwaysouth posted:

You mention that his teammates have received offers or already committed to a school.  Is this high school teammates or travel teammates?  Did the high school coach or travel coach advocate for your son as well as the others?  Did you ask the high school or travel coach to help you reach out to college coaches?  Does your son play a competitive travel schedule where college coaches are in attendence watching your team and the opponents team?  PBR/PG showcases numbers don't mean much unless college coaches can validate them, and they really need to do that in person.   Every school that offered my son had seen him play at least twice.  Most were three times.

Had a busy night, so I'm slow in responding.

The teammates are both from HS and travel...and even HS teammates of the travel teammates.

Both coaches have and do advocate, however, the down side is that they don't have a wide network and are relatively young. I also believe that sometimes they have promoted too many and sometimes that can backfire.

My son played a competitive travel schedule summer between soph and junior year. However, that did not produce many college coaches in attendance. Apparently the previous summers, before covid, the same tournaments were well attended. Covid and the transfer portal changed up the landscape I believe. Fall junior year was only in front of college coaches because that's who they played. However, the majority of the colleges he played weren't high on his list of potential schools (due to not having the right academic program).

Because my son wasn't far off that and all we heard was "too slow".

That's disappointing to hear. I feel those words didn't provide you and your son with meaningful feedback. Honestly when we're talking tenths/hundredths of a second, that is certainly "not far off". But maybe it was his start, maybe endurance, or possibly his form. It would have been nice for them to clarify for you. I know in the OF you could have a 6.5 60 runner, but a 6.8 60 runner might be "faster" on the field if they have better ball reading ability and the running path they choose to take to the ball is more direct.

I meant to post last night, but my son received an offer to a Juco he's very interested in. Spent the evening coordinating childcare for my other children so we can visit campus, finding a flight, and doing further research about the school. So far the school checks off almost all the boxes....just wish it was closer. That's what I assume most parents would say, but I'm glad he's been given an opportunity.

@Momball11 posted:

Had a busy night, so I'm slow in responding.

The teammates are both from HS and travel...and even HS teammates of the travel teammates.

Both coaches have and do advocate, however, the down side is that they don't have a wide network and are relatively young. I also believe that sometimes they have promoted too many and sometimes that can backfire.

My son played a competitive travel schedule summer between soph and junior year. However, that did not produce many college coaches in attendance. Apparently the previous summers, before covid, the same tournaments were well attended. Covid and the transfer portal changed up the landscape I believe. Fall junior year was only in front of college coaches because that's who they played. However, the majority of the colleges he played weren't high on his list of potential schools (due to not having the right academic program).

That's disappointing to hear. I feel those words didn't provide you and your son with meaningful feedback. Honestly when we're talking tenths/hundredths of a second, that is certainly "not far off". But maybe it was his start, maybe endurance, or possibly his form. It would have been nice for them to clarify for you. I know in the OF you could have a 6.5 60 runner, but a 6.8 60 runner might be "faster" on the field if they have better ball reading ability and the running path they choose to take to the ball is more direct.

I meant to post last night, but my son received an offer to a Juco he's very interested in. Spent the evening coordinating childcare for my other children so we can visit campus, finding a flight, and doing further research about the school. So far the school checks off almost all the boxes....just wish it was closer. That's what I assume most parents would say, but I'm glad he's been given an opportunity.

Go to 1:20 at the link below. That's my son not quite getting to a double first game of the Regionals. I can assure you the first thing the coach thought was that the other kid that plays outfield would have gotten to that ball. I don't believe the kid did anything wrong, and actually to me he seemed to make a very good play on the ball. Next game he was sitting on the bench.

https://youtu.be/7ncvHac0H_g?si=CTxUa5X9w8TOokRb

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad

Go to 1:20 at the link below. That's my son not quite getting to a double first game of the Regionals. I can assure you the first thing the coach thought was that the other kid that plays outfield would have gotten to that ball. I don't believe the kid did anything wrong, and actually to me he seemed to make a very good play on the ball. Next game he was sitting on the bench.

https://youtu.be/7ncvHac0H_g?si=CTxUa5X9w8TOokRb

It's hard to tell what sort of jump he had on the ball as the initial camera angle is on the hitter. It's one play and honestly I didn't initially think to myself, so and so could have gotten that. It was a nice hit. I wouldn't over think it. Maybe they were thinking more about the pitch.

Looks like it was a beautiful day, your son was on the field playing, you were either there in person or could watch it from home. That's some blessings to be grateful for.

@Momball11 posted:

It's hard to tell what sort of jump he had on the ball as the initial camera angle is on the hitter. It's one play and honestly I didn't initially think to myself, so and so could have gotten that. It was a nice hit. I wouldn't over think it. Maybe they were thinking more about the pitch.

Looks like it was a beautiful day, your son was on the field playing, you were either there in person or could watch it from home. That's some blessings to be grateful for.

It doesn't matter the jump he got, or the camera angle, or how beautiful of a day it was. He didn't get to the ball and the coach thought another player would have. So, the next game that player played, and he sat the bench. Thats all there is to it.

It doesn't matter the jump he got, or the camera angle, or how beautiful of a day it was. He didn't get to the ball and the coach thought another player would have. So, the next game that player played, and he sat the bench. Thats all there is to it.

That's too bad. Same thing happened to my son (not catching a ball for an out), but in HS. However, it wasn't the next game when he was benched. It was the next inning. He then got to watch other teammates make repetitive mistakes, yet continue to play game after game. He also got to watch the entire OF not get a hit for like 5 games straight, but the team still managed to win most of the time until the mistakes and lack of hits did cost them the win. In baseball things happen that aren't fair, don't make sense, or are out of our control.  It's choosing to control what you can and not dwell on the other stuff. Learning to not dwell on the other stuff is hard. I'm not sure my son or I am there yet, but we're trying.

This discussion has triggered memories of how my son's playoff games went. They played a DH. First game he was playing RF, late innings he tried to make a play on a fly ball missed it and it turned into a double, but the team was already down by a football score. Next game he was a DH. They kept his bat and he did deliver a HR to tie the game late but the team could not hold on and gave up a run in the bottom of the inning and eventually lost.  Son learned the hard way about playing time margins, imo made him a better person because of the unfair and cold nature of playing time that can be applied to the real world, plus no one cares. At least he had a strong hitting performance in that series that ended their season, again no one cares.

Son committed to a D3 in September and was accepted on 11/9 with a boatload of academic $$. Will likely graduate with very little debt. We're all very happy for him! This past month he's been communicating with current players and other 2024 commits and really having a good time getting to know them a bit.

Son's recruiting was pretty straightforward and enjoyable for him and Mom & Dad. His high school is known to be "very strong" academically and while he isn't at the top of the heap with his GPA, he is very disciplined and takes a lot of pride in his schoolwork. Academic rigor certainly opened doors.

Son was looking to attend a smaller school, so we largely scratched larger schools from the list. His high school has an outstanding academic advising department, and they worked with the boys for several years in identifying schools to consider, putting them in touch with current students and recent graduates. This narrowed the list pretty quickly.

Being a RHP on the smaller side, he reviewed the rosters of those schools's incoming freshmen over several years to look at the size of the players. He quickly realized that some schools simply weren't recruiting RHPs anywhere near his size at all, so those schools were scratched (he also looked at the tenure of the coaches recruiting those kids). For those schools where he was a potential "fit," he checked out their numbers, innings pitched, and, when available, video. He now had a list of under 20 schools.

Emails, texts, phone calls, and the video he put together garnered a lot of interest, and we made visits to those bubbling up to the top. Most of the interest he received was from D3's, but there was one D2 in particular that was very interested in him. Son's list quickly narrowed to 5, then 3 schools where he really "felt the love."

Visited schools this fall to meet coaches again, meet the players, watch practices, and hang out with the guys to get a sense of the vibe of the team. Spent a lot of time visiting pitchers and catchers (had been communicating with several before the visits, too). Called us on the way home from a visit and said that was his pick and that he committed during the visit. Happy day!

There was no need for a recruiting service. We did subscribe to College Baseball Insights, and had a subscription to Sports Recruits. Several coaches spoke with his club/HS coaches and his academic advisor.

Best wishes to all of your boys!

Last edited by CubsFanInSTL

Son committed to a D3 in September and was accepted on 11/9 with a boatload of academic $$. Will likely graduate with very little debt. We're all very happy for him! This past month he's been communicating with current players and other 2024 commits and really having a good time getting to know them a bit.

Son's recruiting was pretty straightforward and enjoyable for him and Mom & Dad. His high school is known to be "very strong" academically and while he isn't at the top of the heap with his GPA, he is very disciplined and takes a lot of pride in his schoolwork. Academic rigor certainly opened doors.

Son was looking to attend a smaller school, so we largely scratched larger schools from the list. His high school has an outstanding academic advising department, and they worked with the boys for several years in identifying schools to consider, putting them in touch with current students and recent graduates. This narrowed the list pretty quickly.

Being a RHP on the smaller side, he reviewed the rosters of those schools's incoming freshmen over several years to look at the size of the players. He quickly realized that some schools simply weren't recruiting RHPs anywhere near his size at all, so those schools were scratched (he also looked at the tenure of the coaches recruiting those kids). For those schools where he was a potential "fit," he checked out their numbers, innings pitched, and, when available, video. He now had a list of under 20 schools.

Emails, texts, phone calls, and the video he put together garnered a lot of interest, and we made visits to those bubbling up to the top. Most of the interest he received was from D3's, but there was one D2 in particular that was very interested in him. Son's list quickly narrowed to 5, then 3 schools where he really "felt the love."

Visited schools this fall to meet coaches again, meet the players, watch practices, and hang out with the guys to get a sense of the vibe of the team. Spent a lot of time visiting pitchers and catchers (had been communicating with several before the visits, too). Called us on the way home from a visit and said that was his pick and that he committed during the visit. Happy day! He

There was no need for a recruiting service. We did subscribe to College Baseball Insights, and had a subscription to Sports Recruits. Several coaches spoke with his club/HS coaches and his academic advisor.

Best wishes to all of your boys!

Congratulations! What you described is called doing your homework. And you did it very well. I am convinced that if every family approached recruiting the way you did there would be a lot less sob stories after the fact.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.