Skip to main content

Congratulations to all of the winners today...especially Whitney Young.

And J.Weaver#5...your post above was pure class. This trait will serve you very well in life son.

And I would like to report that in our local paper there was an account of the St.Laurence and Lyons Township game. Casey McMurray, LT's standout slugger, was extremely gracious towards the victorious St.Laurence team with his comments in the paper. It was worth noting.
Last edited by gotwood4sale
Thank you for the compliments guys. I really do appreciate it. That being said, I consider myself lucky that I didn't have to face you guys. That hitting show you guys put on was amazing.

Neal, right now I don't have the foggiest idea of where I am going to college. Thankfully I still have another year to decide that.

Congratulations again, on the win and more so on your guys committments. All your seniors have great schools lined up. Now please go ahead and win state, our whole team agrees that you deserve it. Smile

By the way lash, 28 is a pretty darn good score. Wink
WindyCity,

I totally agree. It is great to see the players making such great posts and showing so much respect for each other. Maybe this can be an example for all of the parents/coaches and adult fans on the website. It seems that all of the adult bantering and arguing has certainly reduced the number of players who used to contribute to this website!!
Br Rice going to state. They beat Minooka 7 -3 tonight in Game 1 @ Crestwood. Sophomore Pat Gannon pitched the final 4 innings for the win.

St Rita beat Whitney Young in game 2, 4-2. Good pitching on both sides; defense did in Whitney Young tonight. Chojnowski started for SR and Zych finished last 1+ innings. Coleman started for Whitney Young and Friedman the last 2 or so innings.
New Trier was up like 3 or 4 when I left in the bottom of the 6th. The broke it open with a bases clearing double by Neal. NT went up 4-0 and gave it all back plus one (5-4) with 2 outs with sloppy play in the top of the 5th. NT got one back in the 5th to tie and took the lead in the 6th. Thats all I know.

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
www.doitrightbaseball.com
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR
Final nt 9 and op 5.

2 very good teams, some sloppy play with about 5 errors or so and some walks that hurt. Some nice timely hitting the one by Neil was a beauty. The pitching was good from both teams and when you have a lead and that lefty from nt comes in (Duncan) it sure looks like it is over. 2 of the best teams I saw all year.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.