Skip to main content

quote:
apologize that my comments appear as not being nice. My whole point is that loyalty seems to be a thing of the past, not just in baseball but in society as a whole. Again, I wish you and Curt luck, however, as stacked as you all will be that my wishing you luck really isn't necessary.

Select ball is not about loyalty. It is about showcasing to get to a college or getting seen for a potential draft situation. Coaches who wan a player and his parents to put the team ahead of the need to advance their agenda is fooling themselves. Frankly, to expect it is unrealistic. I am not passing judgement here, just pointing out the obvious. I never chose a team based on loyalty to a coach. I chose it to get my son seen. This is not the same as leaving the team for other events, but just as far as loyalty goes, it ends at the end of a season. jmo
quote:
Originally posted by Bighit15:

Select ball is not about loyalty. It is about showcasing to get to a college or getting seen for a potential draft situation. Coaches who wan a player and his parents to put the team ahead of the need to advance their agenda is fooling themselves. Frankly, to expect it is unrealistic. I am not passing judgement here, just pointing out the obvious. I never chose a team based on loyalty to a coach. I chose it to get my son seen. This is not the same as leaving the team for other events, but just as far as loyalty goes, it ends at the end of a season. jmo

I agree with your point that "loyalty" goes from season to season. I do think (as you implied) that DURING the season a player should be loyal to his team. As my son is an ex-Dodger player left without a team for this fall and next summer it is obvious that no one should assume their situation will not change from season to season - whether they want it to or not.

This is very real to my son - he is in the middle of trying to find a team to play on next summer while he is trying to focus on football and a new school year.
Crawdad and others,

You're right with regards to loyalty. When you get to this level, you have to look out for what is best for your son. The one thing these mergers do is allow other teams to get stronger.

You might take a look at the Panthers or Patriots. Last I heard they haven't merged with anyone and are holding tryouts.
quote:
Originally posted by DP2005:
quote:
Originally posted by Longtoss:
You might take a look at the Panthers or Patriots. Last I heard they haven't merged with anyone and are holding tryouts.

Not exactly true......

The Patriots merged with the Yard Rats/Bulls last year and the Panthers Merged with the Wizards a couple of years ago.

I think he means they haven't merged with anybody this year, yet.
Texas Blackhawks have 2 independent "parts", is the best way to explain it. One "part" is Ft. Worth (16U & 18U). The other is based out of Denton & is adding a 16U team. A couple players are from East Texas, but no merger in the works. chat

edited after chat with Kev!!
Last edited by baseballmom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.