Skip to main content

SDBB,

First of all, how much thicker is son # 1 now, as opposed to then? A lot of time in the weight room on that boy!

Secondly, congrats to son # 2 on winning it all in Jupiter! Now, why has he not committed to Wake?

Finally, to answer your questions, as with all such projects there are snags and delays. Fall ball was at Hook. They will play this spring at Ernie Shore, but as is. Next year's fall ball will again be at Hook while ES is torn up and rebuilt. Spring 2009 will unveil the new ES, mostly improved except I'm not too thrilled about the decision to switch it from natural grass to field turf! Hook comes down at that point, more space for the golf team I guess.
PopUpDadHitter - Thanks for the kind words. This past November/December he was in the 1.9 - 2.0 flat range regularly. He's thrown a 1.87 before at a Christmas camp, but I think it was a little quick on the watch. He just finished his off-season arm conditioning, where he threw long toss (alot) at 50-75%, working on his footwork and really focusing on getting good backspin, staying on top/behind the ball.

This may sound funny, but he throws with a brand new full leather (pearl) high dollar baseball, no BP balls, no weighted balls, and no cheap knockoffs.

As far as bulking up, he is doing alot of medium weight/high reps workouts, not much heavy stuff. He did not play FB this past fall, so he did not have to worry about really heavy weight. Although we did a informal poll of TX TECH double digit homerun hitters from 2008, surprisingly all of them were 300lb (+) bench pressers. Go figure, of course they have great flexibility too.

He takes a good daily vitamin and he drinks alot of whole milk, choc milk, and water! No skim or 2%, just regular whole milk!! No other supplements at this time. Choc Milk is the new sports drink anyway, we figure we'll give it a try.

He also loves Dr. Pepper, but he does a good job of not drinking alot of it.

I'm new to posting but I've been lurking here for some time. Finally just wanted to join in. It's been fun!

Thanks again, GED10DaD

GOD loves catchers!
Last edited by GunEmDown10
Kevin-2012 Minooka High Freshman-4.0 G.P.A Honors Student top5% class (660 students) 6' 155lbs, rhp 7 3Base. 80mph , great control and movement, wicked hook, very strong natural arm from 3rd, linedrive hitter, great avg--working on power and off-speed pitches. Plays for Illinois Royals Summer team currently ranked 44th in nation by Perfect Game for 15U. Will play in 2 Perfect Game Events--Cincy Flames Regional(49 teams currently signed up)--WWBC 15U in Atlanta7/21-7/26
Little update after a successful junior season. Won all-conference, overcame some adversity, and as a whole improved as a pitcher. I'm now in the thick of my summer season with the Springfield Statesmen 17U, which has also been a positive experience so far. Not much luck as far as college recruiting goes, but I'm confident the right option will come along because I know I can pitch at any level. Anyways, as is the theme in this thread, here are some updated pictures:

Fouling a pitch in regional game.

Mid-motion in one of those 40 degree games.

Looking in for the Statesmen against the Southern IL Bullets.
quote:
Originally posted by Eric G:
My son is now currently 13 yo, he is 5'11" and 215lbs. Plays 1b primarily and some outfield and pitches some. He plays for the U13 Columbus Sharks out of Columbus, Ohio. Their current record is 49-3, he bats typically in the 3-5 hole, avg. around .505 with I think 5 HR's all well over 300' fences. He lives and dies for the sport and has aspirations of playing in college and even further.

Following up to this posted a while back. Son is now 6'2" and 225lbs. Plays 1B still and cracking the HR's long still. Had some setback related to labrum with surgery and all but has recovered very well. Fortunately not a pitcher any longer. Now with the Ohio Elite out of Columbus,Ohio. Going to play his first season of school baseball as a Soph. and we are looking forward to it!
Working out at D1 sports for speed/agility/strength with Butch Reynolds as his mentor!

Some Links:

http://www.youtube.com/results...iddings&search_type=

HS Team: Pickerington North
Summer: Ohio Elite
Fall: Phoenix Bat Co.
Thank you again Mr. PG Staff.

Just for future reference sir.

Ryan K. Penaflor
5'11" 175 lbs
3b/RHP/OF
2012 Salpointe Catholic
Summer/Fall Team 09 Lancers Baseball Club/SABA
PG Gold 2009 Underclass Championships Tucson,AZ
PG Green 2009 Underclass Session 1 Showcase Mesa, AZ PG Rating 8

PLEASE CHECK THIS LINKS:

Tribute to the Champs
PG Gold vs Cangelosi'11 2009 Underclass Champs

Game of Inches
http://video.berecruited.com/v...etes/531046/34708760

Last edited by Ryanrod23
What a great idea and thread . . . I have been maneuvering around this site, mostly as an interested observer, for a few years and just recently started posting a little and admit to never opening this particular thread. I just spent an hour looking back to '04 when Jerry came up with the original idea for this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts. Thus, I will now add my son's name to the mix:

Johnny Fasola
Walsh Jesuit HS
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Class of 2010
Committed to Kansas State (signed NLI last week)
3B/SS/RHP
Attended Perfect Game events during the past year including the PG WWBA events in Marietta, GA (both 17U and 18U), WWBA National Championship in Jupiter, FL as a member of the Richmond Braves National '10 team (from Richmond, VA) as well also PG Showcases last November in Mesa, AZ ( PG National Underclass Session 1) and Minneapolis, MN (PG National) this past June.

Great, great site! Thanks, John Fasola
Last edited by cannon315
This is one of my favorite pictures of my son, from this 2009 13U USSSA Elite WS. He is pitching and has one of his best friends (and teammates since Oct 2005) playing SS with the Disney Wide World of Sports sign in the background.

Nate at Elite WS

http://images.berecruited.com/...s/large/51400592.jpg

Nate Lomax
Class of 2014
2009 13U East Cobb Astros
2010 14U East Cobb Astros
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School JV Team

Throws Left
Hit Left
Positions: OF, 1B, P
6'0"
170'