Skip to main content

PopUpDadHitter - Thanks for the kind words. This past November/December he was in the 1.9 - 2.0 flat range regularly. He's thrown a 1.87 before at a Christmas camp, but I think it was a little quick on the watch. He just finished his off-season arm conditioning, where he threw long toss (alot) at 50-75%, working on his footwork and really focusing on getting good backspin, staying on top/behind the ball.

This may sound funny, but he throws with a brand new full leather (pearl) high dollar baseball, no BP balls, no weighted balls, and no cheap knockoffs.

As far as bulking up, he is doing alot of medium weight/high reps workouts, not much heavy stuff. He did not play FB this past fall, so he did not have to worry about really heavy weight. Although we did a informal poll of TX TECH double digit homerun hitters from 2008, surprisingly all of them were 300lb (+) bench pressers. Go figure, of course they have great flexibility too.

He takes a good daily vitamin and he drinks alot of whole milk, choc milk, and water! No skim or 2%, just regular whole milk!! No other supplements at this time. Choc Milk is the new sports drink anyway, we figure we'll give it a try.

He also loves Dr. Pepper, but he does a good job of not drinking alot of it.

I'm new to posting but I've been lurking here for some time. Finally just wanted to join in. It's been fun!

Thanks again, GED10DaD

GOD loves catchers!
Last edited by GunEmDown10
Kevin-2012 Minooka High Freshman-4.0 G.P.A Honors Student top5% class (660 students) 6' 155lbs, rhp 7 3Base. 80mph , great control and movement, wicked hook, very strong natural arm from 3rd, linedrive hitter, great avg--working on power and off-speed pitches. Plays for Illinois Royals Summer team currently ranked 44th in nation by Perfect Game for 15U. Will play in 2 Perfect Game Events--Cincy Flames Regional(49 teams currently signed up)--WWBC 15U in Atlanta7/21-7/26
Little update after a successful junior season. Won all-conference, overcame some adversity, and as a whole improved as a pitcher. I'm now in the thick of my summer season with the Springfield Statesmen 17U, which has also been a positive experience so far. Not much luck as far as college recruiting goes, but I'm confident the right option will come along because I know I can pitch at any level. Anyways, as is the theme in this thread, here are some updated pictures:

Fouling a pitch in regional game.

Mid-motion in one of those 40 degree games.

Looking in for the Statesmen against the Southern IL Bullets.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.