Skip to main content

Who do you guys think are the top '10's?
Here are some of the guys that I work with who I am really impressed with:

1) Anthony Feliciano (Lane Tech)
2) Tommy Ross (Maine West)
3) Ronnie Muck (Maine South)
4) Michael Pugliese (St. Francis)
5) Steven Giannoni (Whitney Young)

I have a bunch more, but those are just a few who have shown glimpses of great things.

Thoughts?
Owner - Play Ball USA Head Baseball Coach - Notre Dame College Prep
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ross Vance (Prairie Ridge) just flat out knows how to get batters out. He's a perfect example of being a pitcher not a thrower. Ronnie Muck (Maine South) is as good of any sophomore out there. I have seen this kid pitch twice over the last year and he can really bring it. A very smart pitcher. Both these players should have many very good seasons ahead of them.
I can't believe how many high school fans get annoyed or upset with an opposing team for cheering from the dugout.. seems to be a carryover from Little League days when "home rules" didn't allow it for fear of hurting someone's feelings. We had a parent on our HS team complaining loudly about the opponent's dugout yesterday because they were cheering and carrying on as they rallied back to eventually beat us - even said "they would never allow this in college"... oh, really!?!

Lane Tech's style may be different in the dugout, but it's a lot of fun to listen to and their whole team is definitely into the game. #3's summer team played against a team that had a number of Lane Tech players a few summers ago... our kids still remember many of the chants and we still hear them repeating them to one another on occasion from our dugout. Our boys weren't bothered by it at all - thought it was great fun.
John Schreiber, Lefty who plays 1B is a Class of 2010 Sophomore at Whitney Young (7-3).

Schreiber is the only Sophomore who is playing at the Varsity Level on a talented team and went 3 for 4 at the plate in the Barrington game win yesterday.

As mentioned, Steve Giannoni has good size and is a talented Class of 2010 catcher at Whitney Young who is currently on the Junior Varsity squad.
Last edited by Dolphin Mom
Most people will become annoyed by cheering in the opposing dugout when they are getting beat.Im not sure if this was the case w/ the LT game.As a parent I would like to see my son's team be more vocal than they are.I think that it's fun.College games are the best as far as cheering from the dugout.As far as 2010 players,IVC has a young pitcher who is going to be a good one and Streator Township has a couple lefty pitchers and a good catcher.
I have a certain team in mind that definitely goes overboard with the things said.

And the parents...That's a whole other story.

But I have learned to just laugh it off and turn and smile at them when I am on the mound. When the other team realizes you are enjoying their shouting instead of getting frustrated, they seem to stop really quick.

Or when you beat them both games on a Saturday DH. Then the whole team just tries to bump you on your way back to the dugout after shaking hands.
Last edited by J.Weaver #5
I never said anything was wrong with cheering from the dugout, im all for it. but when the other team is putting rocks in a gatorade bottle and making a noise maker out of it, i think that is very childish and takes it a little bit over the line. or when there player slides into third base on a close play and gets up in the third basemens face and calls him a silly a** white boy, or when shaking hands calls a player on the other team a midget, i think that is very unclassy for a program that is as solid as theirs.
Koziel is the real deal, he can hit with the best of them. Mark Payton is solid too, little small but he's young. Rita didn't have the pitching depth last year but they are gonna be a force for a long time. When you have Payton, Fillimino, and Andres all young LHP that's scary. Andres to me is a sleeper, great mechanics. Anybody know how hard he throws and if he throws all his pitches for strikes?
quote:
Originally posted by pitcher25:
i saw feliciano play today and wasnt really blown away by his ability, but he is a solid player, and also lane tech might as well be a softball team with all the chants they do in there dugout, very obnoxious and unclassy

So you're upset cuz they were cheering on their team? As long nothing inappropiate was being directed at opposing players, teams can make all the cheers or chants they want from their dugout.
It's a hs baseball game not a mass.
quote:
Originally posted by CSG:
Joe Claver was called up on Tuesday and got the win vs. Oak Park River Forest. Joe went 6 innings in a 5-4 win.

Joe did an outstanding job Tuesday. He faced an excellent hitting OPRF team on their home field with the wind howling out to left, and he pitched with a lot of poise. Very impressive debut.

Way to go Joe!

Mike F
Scott Vachon - Plainfield North - RF/P

He has tremendous power and a great approach at the plate. Tall and great arm. Saw him pitch as well and has the ability to be a force there as well. Long arms to go with big body.

Dan Cooper - Minooka - 1B/OF/DH

Great stick and has the body to continue to be a hitter. Still needs to find a place on the field, but he can hit.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.