Skip to main content

Beenthere, I don't know, but I think I'm with Kenny on this one. Wilmington is not just Tanner Roark. If I'm not mistaken,younger brother Dillon Roark was undefeated this season. It is probably the natural instinct to feel Lockport is king of the hill, but just look at Wilmington's record. Yeah, their competition doesn't stack up with Lockport, but how many of us have even seen Wilmington play this season? I think if Wilmington played in the Chicago area they would quickly be mentioned with the other elite HS programs that we talk so much about. JMO.
Don't know anything about Tanner Roark, he might be the second comming of Tom Seaver. But it seems that Rosy drinks Top Tier Kool Aid. If Elmer Fudd were to pitch for Top Tier Rosy would think he is as good as Randy Johnson. Rosy how many games did you see Wilmington play this year?
I don't think that this has anything to do with 06/07 shortstops
Last edited by Norwood
well, I always thought one of the great things about this site is that someone starts a thread, and it goes wherever from there. Norwood.....blame Beenthere not Rosy....he is the one who deviated from the topic. For my money, from what I have heard Either Wilmington or Wabonsie Valley would probably beat any team with their aces throwing. But as Beenthere said, it isn't a one game playoff which is agood thing in baseball. Lockport is my #1. But you can't discount Wilmington, because pitching is so big and they do haev perhaps the #2 Pitcehr in the state and an excellent #2.
I take the blame for deviating from the start of the thread "topic".

Do they still have that "rocketship" standing by the restaurant as you head into Wilmington?

Anyone know?

Catfish still biting?

I applaud Wilmington and I understand that Tanner and his team was very talented.

While I'm biased as a SICA West fan, very few people who saw Lockport this season, especially their "team" hitting, would say that there is a better high school baseball team out there this season.

From what I know about Coach Hall and his bevy of volunteers/parents/friends of the program (who scout teams for the program), they would likely have had a surprise or two for Michael and his 93 mph fastball.

Of course, no one would know since WV lost the first game!
Last edited by BeenthereIL
Norwood, After reading your drivel, I re-read my posting above and I don't get your point. There was no mention of Top Tier or anything even remotely related to that team or any other such team. I thought the current discussion had drifted to about how Wilmington might fare against Lockport. What are you reading?

So, you don't know anything about Tanner Roark, who cares? There's lots more that you know nothing about, and we don't care about that either.
How about Jim Donovan ? no one could hit like him ! smooth fielder also !
2006/07 ss Lot's of talent next year.
Johanns, Naperville CENTRAL hs
Courtwright, Lincoln Community hs
Grady, Sandberg hs
Mueller, Reavis hs
Simmonds,Driscolle hs
Wicoff, Limestone hs
Cantwell, Nazareth hs
Garcia, Clemente hs
Cunningham, OPRF hs
Cappetta, Montini hs
Sexton, Oak Lawn hs
Colon, Lane Tech hs
Doyle, Benet hs
Soto, Dundee Crown hs
Last edited by talent4thegame
Brandond Wicoff from Barton Limestone is a very solid shortstop defensivly, but even better with a bat in his hands. Jim Lundstrom from Crete- Monee is also a very good 07'. Jim was brought up with Kevin Crane and even though Kevin put up numbers that were a big part of our teams success this last year, Jim's were just as important since i believe he batted right around 400 with quite a few doubles. He is one kid not affraid to put his face in front of a ball.
The only way to make ALL-STATE short stop in this STATE is to flat out HIT. Brewer can mash that's why he got it for 2005,defense was just ok, Anetsberger in 2004 could flat out HIT,fielding was just ok. So to all of the great name's mentioned in this interesting Post. WORK on your defense and your arm, but you must get to be the BEST at swinging the BAT !!! To follow in MR. BREWER'S and ANETSBERGER FOOT STEP'S!
JCA POPS. I assume you are from Joliet Catholic. You have no clue what you are talking about when you refer to Brewer and Anetsberger having OK gloves. Both players are very good to excellent shortstops. I've seen both go in the hole and up the middle to get to balls that most people wouldn't even move for. Is your animosity for them based on the fact that they don't play in "feared East Suburban Catholic League?" They happen to play in the strongest baseball conference in the state and also have to crossover to play teams like Hinsdale South, Downers South and other teams in the West Suburban Gold. Based on your opinion it's a wonder that a weak armed and defensively challenged play like Anetsberger can start at shortstop for a very good Division 1 team. He starts because he is very good. Why don't you watch them more than once or twice before you try to comment on what a poor fielder they are.
Norfrank, boy did you waste alot of word's on nothing lol. You missed the point! both were better hitter's than fielder's. And when some ask's me how I feel and I say ok! that does not mean in any way BAD!!!! You must spin for the liberals in politics cause every thing you said about me calling them bad fielder's was a lie,and bad arm's was a lie!! OK, last time I checked meant fine! my point was you have to HIT,to get ALL_STATE. Now go back to your blog and say how Bush LIED to all of us.
Last edited by jca pops
norfrank.

Just a little over the top on your post.

jca pops was exactly right.

Ryan and Dan are studs at the plate, no doubt.

Ryan needs to get better in the field. Its not a knock on anyone if its the truth. .924 is too low a fielding percentage for a Missouri Valley SS playing on mostly great playing fields. Dan, while playing solid defense was not the top defensive SS in the state. As pops said they were ALL State because of thier offense.

These are 2 very sharp young men that are just getting started with D1 ball. Like any other player, they will improve over the next few years or be switched to a different position.

I follow these 2 closely and wish them great success.

With Bolt, O'Brien and Berger ISU looks ready to make a move.

With Porter and Brewer, Bradley probably out recruited the rest of the states D1 schools.
Sox- I don't think it is over the top. People need to stop putting players down because they like might be better. It is a shame private school parents continually feel that they need to put down other players. Ryan and Brewer are both excellent players and don't need have others put them down. They got recognition and it was and is well deserved.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.