Skip to main content

REGGIE WHO?

Hey TRHit... still think Vince can't play in the NFL? HA!

National Champs baby. And Vince Young is THE MAN - deserves the Championship AND the Heisman. So sweet to stuff it down the throats of all the national media declaring USC the greatest team of all time.. Keith Jackson actually called Pete Carroll the "greatest defensive coordinator and head coach of ALL TIME" - right before Vince sliced right through their defense for the win!

See my Avatar? The Tower is Lit Up #1 tonight!!!

HOOK 'EM!
quote:
Originally posted by Natural:
REGGIE WHO?

Hey TRHit... still think Vince can't play in the NFL? HA!

National Champs baby. And Vince Young is THE MAN - deserves the Championship AND the Heisman. So sweet to stuff it down the throats of all the national media declaring USC the greatest team of all time.. Keith Jackson actually called Pete Carroll the "greatest defensive coordinator and head coach of ALL TIME" - right before Vince sliced right through their defense for the win!

See my Avatar? The Tower is Lit Up #1 tonight!!!

HOOK 'EM!

USC is a great team but you're right, the media over hyped USC and screwed Vince Young out of a fair Heisman vote
quote:
Originally posted by itsinthegame:
Natural,

Sounds like you are more interested in useless bragging rights than you are in the wonderful performances of the young men on both teams.

I think both teams played a great game - and had many players that did a great job.

Fabulous National Championship game IMO.

The media gave Texas no chance itsinthegame and went way over board with rhe USC worship.
"its"... as a TexasEx I have endured hours of USC hype declaring them the defacto champs... we deserve to crow! They even claim a national title they did not win three years ago when LSU won the BCS national championship.

TEXAS:
2005 NCAA Baseball National Champions
2005-06 NCAA Football National Champions

What's next... Basketball National Champions? Watch out ---- we are coming!

HOOK 'EM!
Natural,

Yeah - thats wonderful.

As I said - I thought there were some great performances by some of the players on both teams.

I really liked Lindale White - and Young and Leinhart were just awesome.

I also thought Carroll called some really poor 4th down offensive plays - and #31 for Texas was the real deal when it came to delivering some early hard core blows.

As for the media - I couldnt care less. None of them were on the field playing and knocking heads. IMO.
Last edited by itsinthegame
Maybe it's just me... Guess I've never been named the MVP of a National Championship, so don't know how one should act.

Congatulations to Texas and Vince Young.

Guess I knew USC was favored by the media, but that same media played this up as possibly the greatest game ever. They were wrong about the winner, but right about the great game.

I didn't care who won the game and was kind of hoping USC could kick a field goal and tie it up at the end. Only to watch some more.
I still can't believe Matt Leinart isn't in the NFL. What more is there left for Vince to prove in college? I personally would not risk it. I understand staying though.

Those that say the guy can't throw are crazy. His throw is not classic but effective especially when you throw it from a 6-5 frame. Lee Corso said it well. He is a 6-5 Michael Vick. I think a better passer than Michael Vick IMHO.
Its - I agree with your assessment. Ok I am going to make you all GM's right now.

Rate the three players on your board right now.

Here are my top 3 and some other from tonights game:

1) Vince Young (If I already have an excellent quarterback I take Reggie bush)

2) Reggie Bush

3) Matt Leinart

4) LenDale White

5) Michael Huff

6) David Thomas

7) Limus Suede

8) This list can keep going...USC's Recivers

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.