Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

understand, but it just strikes me as odd that if a field is delayed, then the games that were supposed to occur during the delay are the ones canceled.  I would think that all original playing times should be scheduled in order to accommodate weather events like these.  that way there could be wiggle room in the schedule to fit the delayed games in either at the end of the day or in another field.  We just got notified that the game has been cancelled...bummer.

PG will try very hard to get the games in.  They only have so many turf fields.  I'm sure they are contacting every high school within 100 miles to see if anyone has a playable field.  They will find them, it just takes a bit.

My kids HS was tapped last week for the rainy 14u WWBA, they weren't on the schedule, so I know PG does everything they can.

Ahhhh.....the weather.  The summer was 2013 and son's last at 17U WWBA at East Cobb.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Only 4 games played, 2 were consolation games, and NONE were at the East Cobb complex.   I believe there was one more consolation game scheduled in the middle of nowhere so the coach decided to just leave.  They said all the rain delays/rainouts would not happen with the new fields at Lake Point.

It was not the high point of the summer as in the prior two years.  

Last edited by keewart

I just got to Emerson 20m ago, looks like they may be able to get a few games in tonight.  Unfortunately our boys haven't played a game, they're hangin at hotel 45m toward Atlanta (traffic).

Thought I'd check a game out, if anybody's son is playing would love to connect.  Back at Lake Point at 8:00pm.

PM me if any of you are there tonight.  Cheers!

keewart posted:

Ahhhh.....the weather.  The summer was 2013 and son's last at 17U WWBA at East Cobb.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Only 4 games played, 2 were consolation games, and NONE were at the East Cobb complex.   I believe there was one more consolation game scheduled in the middle of nowhere so the coach decided to just leave.  They said all rain delays/rainouts would not happen with the new fields at Lake Point.

"They said all rain delays/rainouts would not happen with the new fields at Lake Point."

I remember us having discussion here about that.

I am so happy that those days are over. Summer rainy season is changing, No one can control the weather, but I would go crazy waiting 2 days to play a game.

Who gets to decide who plays and who doesn't on a particular day?

phillyinNJ posted:

understand, but it just strikes me as odd that if a field is delayed, then the games that were supposed to occur during the delay are the ones canceled.  I would think that all original playing times should be scheduled in order to accommodate weather events like these.  that way there could be wiggle room in the schedule to fit the delayed games in either at the end of the day or in another field.  We just got notified that the game has been cancelled...bummer.

Our game tomorrow (7/2) which was scheduled for Lakepoint at 7:15pm has inexplicably been reassigned to two different teams. It was our ONLY game at LP based on the original schedule, while some teams were originally scheduled 3 games at Lakepoint. Seems like if a team was already scheduled a game at LP, don't reschedule them out of that slot. We communicated with a lot of coaches our schedule already, now hanging in limbo at 10:20pm and have no clue where tomorrow's game(s) will be or when...priority should go to teams that have played no games or 1 game so far.

Last edited by SanDiegoRealist
TPM posted:
keewart posted:

Ahhhh.....the weather.  The summer was 2013 and son's last at 17U WWBA at East Cobb.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Only 4 games played, 2 were consolation games, and NONE were at the East Cobb complex.   I believe there was one more consolation game scheduled in the middle of nowhere so the coach decided to just leave.  They said all rain delays/rainouts would not happen with the new fields at Lake Point.

"They said all rain delays/rainouts would not happen with the new fields at Lake Point."

I am so happy that those days are over. Summer rainy season is changing, No one can control the weather, but I would go crazy waiting 2 days to play a game.

Who do you think? Worst part is most of the college coaches hang at LP...there are a lot of teams that are scheduled much more often at LP than others, not an equitable distribution.

Backpick25 posted:

First two games rained out. Two scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping for a window to play some ball.  

The word I'm getting from sons coaches is their isn't any communication from PG staff. 

The problem is the tournament is TOO BIG! Too many teams like this does not allow for the ability to recover from a large rain event like we are seeing. 392 teams in a tournament that is being played on mostly natural grass fields (52 venues, Home Plate Field and Lakepoint are the only artificial fields). 

SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

First two games rained out. Two scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping for a window to play some ball.  

The word I'm getting from sons coaches is their isn't any communication from PG staff. 

The problem is the tournament is TOO BIG! Too many teams like this does not allow for the ability to recover from a large rain event like we are seeing. 392 teams in a tournament that is being played on mostly natural grass fields (52 venues, Home Plate Field and Lakepoint are the only artificial fields). 

+1

SanDiegoRealist posted:
TPM posted:
keewart posted:

Who do you think? Worst part is most of the college coaches hang at LP...there are a lot of teams that are scheduled much more often at LP than others, not an equitable distribution.

Go check out ECB Field #1

brball posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

+1

I dont have a dog in this fight, but I agree.

SanDiegoRealist posted:
phillyinNJ posted:

Our game tomorrow (7/2) which was scheduled for Lakepoint at 7:15pm has inexplicably been reassigned to two different teams. It was our ONLY game at LP based on the original schedule, while some teams were originally scheduled 3 games at Lakepoint. Seems like if a team was already scheduled a game at LP, don't reschedule them out of that slot. We communicated with a lot of coaches our schedule already, now hanging in limbo at 10:20pm and have no clue where tomorrow's game(s) will be or when...priority should go to teams that have played no games or 1 game so far.

In my experience as a local... teams that haven't gotten a game at Lake Point, will get one before it's all said and done. They're just in a rescheduling nightmare! Stay patient, which I know is tough. There has just been too much rain on the local grass / dirt high school fields so far. I do know PG will do everything in their power to make this happen. Mother Nature sucks right now for our boys!!!

SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

This is it.  Way too much. Some teams will always go away unhappy cause they can't be seen.  It's an expensive trip to be subject to weather.  Wouldn't it make more sense to regionalize it?

brball posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:
phillyinNJ posted:

In my experience as a local... teams that haven't gotten a game at Lake Point, will get one before it's all said and done. They're just in a rescheduling nightmare! Stay patient, which I know is tough. There has just been too much rain on the local grass / dirt high school fields so far. I do know PG will do everything in their power to make this happen. Mother Nature sucks right now for our boys!!!

It's midnight in Atlanta, still no idea if/when/where we play tomorrow...

SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

Yep, just got word we are scheduled for LP at 7:15........ Likely the only game we play and was told none of the committed players will be playing, my son is one of em.......

Nobody can control the weather but it's one heck of an expensive trip to sit in a hotel and watch movies. 

Backpick25 posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

Yep, just got word we are scheduled for LP at 7:15........ Likely the only game we play and was told none of the committed players will be playing, my son is one of em.......

Nobody can control the weather but it's one heck of an expensive trip to sit in a hotel and watch movies. 

You likely got one of the fields we got bumped from - we got a "game" in today...if you call 4 & 1/2 innings a game.

Well, I am going to bed. Looks like PG has scheduled all the 8, 9 and 1015am games they can and we won't possible be in the mix until at least 11am at the earliest. Early wake up to just sit and wait...fun.

Last edited by SanDiegoRealist
Backpick25 posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:
Backpick25 posted:

At least he is committed! They're many others that aren't and wishing they could show what they got , including my local PO Son that hasn't seen the bump yet!

Tomorrow looks good, weather wise!

Hopefully the rest of the week will be better.  I understand the frustration everyone feels.  believe me it is also very frustrating for us.  This same tournament several years ago had less than half as many teams, but even more rain.  Teams had been here for 3 or 4 days before playing a game.  It's never an enjoyable experience when things like this happen.  We got through that one and hopefully the weather gets better and everyone has a good experience.

PGStaff posted:

Hopefully the rest of the week will be better.  I understand the frustration everyone feels.  believe me it is also very frustrating for us.  This same tournament several years ago had less than half as many teams, but even more rain.  Teams had been here for 3 or 4 days before playing a game.  It's never an enjoyable experience when things like this happen.  We got through that one and hopefully the weather gets better and everyone has a good experience.

This tournament is too large, too many teams, to hold in one location during one week. Teams only know "today's" games and are still in a holding pattern over the rest of the week. To have to travel 45 minutes to an hour plus to get to a field, in Atlanta traffic no less, should tell you that there are far too many teams in this event and others like it. 

finally have a game scheduled this afternoon at lakepoint...I agree this is probably a little bit too large of a tournament to logistically accommodate all the teams in the event of weather interruptions.  Did get the chance to go down to Ft Benning to check out the infantry museum, but with that said, hit multiple traffic jams...cant wait to get back up to Jersey to experience traffic jams that actually make sense...the ones around here, well lets just say i can't figure them out...  Looking forward to good weather from here on out.

BTW, whats the website where i can track the exit velos, stats, and plays online at lakepoint?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.