Skip to main content

We have finally locked in the date and location for our rescheduled 4th annual Top Unsigned Senior Showcase. The event will be on June 12, 2008 at North Park College in Chicago. This event will serve to promote the talents and skills of the remaining unsigned 08’ seniors to area colleges and scouts. Midwest area D1, D2, D3, JC, and NAIA schools will be on hand to evaluate and network with unsigned players. This event will be a great resource for area schools to find quality players and a great chance for solid players to find quality programs to continue their playing careers.

The cost of the event is $50 per player. Each player will receive entry into the showcase, t-shirt, mini-clinic instruction, and lunch. All players will be grouped by positions and have a chance to showcase their talents on the field, mound, or at bat. Do It Right Baseball will be providing mini-clinics taught by local college coaches and scouts for each position group. Mini-clinics will teach players position-specific core fundamentals as well as give them drills and techniques for improvement.

http://www.doitrightbaseball.com/showcase.html

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
www.doitrightbaseball.com
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

sounds like a bargain compared to some other groups that charge way more for showcases. everybody finds a way to make a profit off the parents. it would be nice if the high school coaches did more for the kids, so we all didn't have to reach into our pockets and pay for showcases like this no offense justin just making a point, why the heck should people have to pay ANYTHING for this. where r the hs coaches, when will the emptying of wallets stop, even though yours is cheap, it still bothers me.
quote:
Originally posted by spark-plug:
it would be nice if the high school coaches did more for the kids, so we all didn't have to reach into our pockets and pay for showcases like this

A pretty big generalization here Spark. I know high school coaches who see promoting their athletes as one of the most important aspects of their jobs (along with teaching the game, being successful, etc) However, in your defense, I also see coaches who do ignore this aspect of their players' development. But I do think you paint with a far too broad of a brush, and I believe many high school coaches would take exception and resent your comment.

Second, the reason that showcases have become so important is because of anxious/nervous/naive/over-zealous parents. These marketers have created an atmosphere where if you are not shelling out money, big money, they make parents feel like they are doing their kids a disservice. i have been around plenty of draft picks and college players who never paid a cent for a showcase.

Instead of bad mouthing high school coaches, consider examining who is allowing these showcases to get larger and more costlier.
quote:
Originally posted by ballyall:
quote:
Originally posted by spark-plug:
it would be nice if the high school coaches did more for the kids, so we all didn't have to reach into our pockets and pay for showcases like this

A pretty big generalization here Spark. I know high school coaches who see promoting their athletes as one of the most important aspects of their jobs (along with teaching the game, being successful, etc) However, in your defense, I also see coaches who do ignore this aspect of their players' development. But I do think you paint with a far too broad of a brush, and I believe many high school coaches would take exception and resent your comment.

Second, the reason that showcases have become so important is because of anxious/nervous/naive/over-zealous parents. These marketers have created an atmosphere where if you are not shelling out money, big money, they make parents feel like they are doing their kids a disservice. i have been around plenty of draft picks and college players who never paid a cent for a showcase.

Instead of bad mouthing high school coaches, consider examining who is allowing these showcases to get larger and more costlier.

EXCELLENT point ballyall--with the economy the way it is now it is hard enough to make ends meat....Parents are going to have to start saying "No" to alot of things they are "giving" their kids..
10 years ago there were no EXPOSURE CAMPS, ETC...AND KIDS GOT SCHOLARSHIPS, KIDS SIGNED PRO CONTRACTS...If you are good enough and play the game enough;;; they will find you.. As said on this site before...there is more academic money available then athletic money..
This showcase looks like a good idea for unsigned seniors. My only question is it a little late? The school will have to like the kid, have him visit, apply to the school, get in, etc all in a pretty short time. It can be done though, are juniors invited to this to be seen? Is there a list of colleges that confirmed they were coming?
We are all set for this Thursday. The roster will be finalized tomorrow but currently has 47 players and the college commitment list is 35. It should be a great event; we are looking forward to trying to find these players programs for the fall.

North Park Maps & Directions
http://www.northpark.edu/home/index.cfm?NorthPark=About.Abt_Directions

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR
Last edited by LTBB47
What a great day! A special thanks to all of our staff and the staff at North Park for making this event a huge success today. Thanks to all of the players, parents, and coaches who made this event possible. Now its on to finding these remaining players places to play in the fall. I will update you on velos, 60s, etc. when I get a chance. I need to get some sleep, I’m beat.

Keep working hard,
Justin Stringer
Do It Right Baseball
Lane Tech Baseball
HSBASEBALLWEB SPONSOR

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.