Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by PGStaff:
2 – Where did all these Major League hitters learn how to hit? I understand the value in studying the video of MLB stars to figure out what they do. I understand the value in finding those things that nearly all of them do the same way. Now, if all the coaching is so bad, where did these ML hitters pick it up… Who taught them? Or do they all do these things naturally in spite of all the bad coaching.

Based on many years coaching youth baseball/fastpitch, here is your answer:

quote:
Originally posted by showme:
My kid one of those...great hitter.

What I have done is spent the years avoiding the hitting guru's. Don't fix what not broke.

In my opinion the good MLB hitters are the best today at avoiding the hitting instructors. *ie Holliday - Mcguire. attempted change of high leg kick*

These kids are the #4 hitters from T-Ball up and nobody instructs them. Everyone says they are "natural hitters".

Where he goes off course is here:
quote:

Mike Epstein in my opinion is the best, he recognizes and promotes a natural swing, and leaves you alone more than any others, he's not one the many, my way or the Hi way... gurus.

The problem with this, of course, is that the "natural swing" is simply the correct technique.

If coaches would only instruct correct technique instead of wives tales about hands to the ball, knob to the ball, squish the bug, the other 95% of players would learn how to swing properly.
Last edited by SultanofSwat
Sluggers are born with great hand-eye coordination, a fluid swing, and competitive by nature.

Their swing looks so easy and quick, yet it's powerful.

Over time, they learn adjustment, anticipation, consistency, and discipline. Most sluggers force a pitcher to throw a fast ball in the zone (hitter's count). They also make pitchers pay for mistakes. Learning all this takes time and hard work.

Just my opinion...........you know what they say about opinions. Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.