Skip to main content

Known, but Unknown Senior Outfield & Infield combos who can make a difference:
Plano East: Tyler Wylie (2B), Nathan Snodgrass (OF)
Plano: Riley Senor (2B/IF), Reid Lyness (OF?, 1B)
Plano West: Donald Plant (3B), Jeffrey Kahn (OF)
I personally think that Tyler Wylie might be the top leadoff hitter in the area. Both Reid Lyness & Jeffrey Kahn look, swing & play so much alike & will be the best all-around hitters. Riley Senor will be the most consistent. Nathan Snodgrass will be a big time & valued leader & has a very accurate & strong arm. Donald Plant is the raining co-defensive p.o.y. of 9-5A & might drive in the most runs if you put him behind Ford.
Of course these are only my thought & opinions...
-long time reader, 2nd time poster
Welcome aboard NRMS31. East also has valuable senior leadership in Humes and Reneau and good experience in Zmolik and Bell. If Barrentine is consistent and Arietta can log quality innings, East may surprise some. Alex Harris may be ready to turn heads and there are a few fine athletes joining the varsity from JV. SS may be their biggest question mark. I agree that Wylie will be an asset in several ways. Even though West won state last year, this may be one of the strongest top-to-bottom seasons in 8-5A since the glory days that included commentary from Swami and his Rockwall guys and the legendary FO.

Go MIZZOU -- Go East!

Cool
horns,

I stand corrected and need to correct a mistake I made when saying PW has a big bat that will be too busy pitching. Rumor has it that a certain "ace" will also get to log time in the field and at the plate. If this holds true, PW has just added a bat similar to Ford (IMO). And by the end of the season, horns , you will be rethinking your statement that PW does not have any pitchers that "are know for their skills at the plate".
Not sure who will won the district, but as was seen last night in the Plano vs. PW game, the most talented and experienced team doesn't always win. I am sure there is alot of pressure on PW to do well (with all of the national exposure and from all of the college and pro scouts watching) and they are still young.

However, PW has proven they can beat good teams (Coppell twice) this season. PW is too deep in pitching vs. the other teams in the district to not turn things around.
horns,

WOW...you always seem to find a way to spin everything. "the most talented and experienced team doesn't always win"....How about "that was a great high school baseball game between cross-town rivals ending in a one run victory for Plano." I'm not even a Plano fan but got to give them all the credit in the world for a great start to their season. There are a lot of great baseball players on both of these teams and my hats off to them both for providing us with such great play! In the end, someone wins and someone does not...the winning team usually fights through and either plays better that night or catches a break or two. It's a game and that was a good one. West will certainly be in the mix at the top when the season comes to an end...but I think we have all seen that Plano is also going to be right there too. I just wish East had a better start!!! Mad
quote:
Originally posted by hornsr1:
Not sure who will won the district, but as was seen last night in the Plano vs. PW game, the most talented and experienced team doesn't always win. I am sure there is alot of pressure on PW to do well (with all of the national exposure and from all of the college and pro scouts watching) and they are still young.

However, PW has proven they can beat good teams (Coppell twice) this season. PW is too deep in pitching vs. the other teams in the district to not turn things around.

Pressure ? Are you kidding me... Pressure is having to make a mortgage payment. Pressure is when you reach the major leagues. High School baseball?

My son's 17U team played in front of 15 college and pro scouts every game and I didn't see them caving under.
Texas,

I believe my 1/9 post said "I think", doesn't translate to I said "they will". Read it again. Just like a talented Coppell team, they are having their "issues" and hopefully they will return to form. So far they have not played well.

These kids have high expectations and will have to play much better "if" they are to contend for another championship.
thank you horns1 - yes it was Plano's day.

Nothing better than a 1-0 victory against a quality team.

What was really nice was watching how the Cats maintained their composure as the game was finalized. These CATS displayed confidence and poise under all the pressure and won with class and style.

My guess is that the college and pro scouts in the stands came away with a few more names of boys to be watching these next few months

Rematch 4/14 @ Plano should be a SRO affair - start the grills and get the burgers and dogs a cookin
quote:
LOL, how many State Championships have you won Maverick?? Don't know that pressure unless you have been there. Don't think that I have ever seen Mansfield mentioned in National Publications etc. Nobody said that they "caved", it was simply Plano's day.

If High School baseball is pressure then I suggest you try tennis or golf... I hear bowling relieves tension too...
Last edited by Maverick0714
quote:
LOL, how many State Championships have you won Maverick?? Don't know that pressure unless you have been there. Don't think that I have ever seen Mansfield mentioned in National Publications etc. Nobody said that they "caved", it was simply Plano's day.

and just so you know... I was in a state championship game my Junior year... we lost but it was fun...Made it to the Regional Finals the next year and it was fun too...
PWB - It is going okay so far....we opened by playing quality public 4A and 5A teams in our first 11 games and we were happy to come up with a hand full of wins in that stretch. We have a tough district this year with the addition of some strong teams to the district so we will see how it goes.

I saw you from a distance last night and waved but didn't get a chance to visit. Tell Mrs. PWB hello for me, I didn't see her last night.

sorry to get off topic .... back to 8-5A Smile
Last edited by cheapseats
I think any discussion about whether or not there is pressure on high school baseball players is a bit ridiculous. I understand both sides of the argument, but the reality is that there is pressure in any situation that the performer perceives pressure. Despite the obvious reasons that high school baseball is not as "important" as say, feeding your family or being president of a company or country, I commonly see athletes tighten up, try to do too much, lose focus, and underperform.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.