Skip to main content

Most Valuable Player is excited hosting a showcase on the Top of the Line, Completely Turfed Naval Academy's Max Bishop Stadium located in Annapolis, Maryland

When: Friday/Saturday August 25-26, 2006
Cost: $375

As with all Most Valuable Player events we expect over 20 college coaches from MD, NY, DE, NJ, NC, AL, SC to be there.

Questions, please give me a call at (410) 721-4203.

Al McCormick
www.mostvaluableplayer.biz
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Response to a good point:

Our approach is only 8 positional players per team, and the pitchers, although they pitch in the games under a pitch count, they are not associated to any team.

So if they are a pitcher only, the fee is only $200.00. If they are a positional player who would like to pitch also, the overall fee is $400.00.

Very good question.

Interested register on-line at www.mostvaluableplayer.biz.
Al McCormick
(410) 721-4203
I have invited over 60 schools in the MD, PA, NJ, DE, NC, SC, WV area. I have received out of state confirmations from:

Coastal Carolina, Newberry, Liberty, Bucknell, Radford, Elon, UNC Asheville, ETSU, who comes to mind at the moment.

Hope this gives you an idea. You are welcome to call me at any time.

Al McCormick
(410) 721-4203
Just got word that Georgia State and Oglethorpe will be in attendance.

Please register right away, as we only allow 8 positional players on a team. This is going to be good and I really do not want to turn anyone away because a particular position is filled.

Questions, do not hesitate to give me a call or e-mail me.

Al McCormick
alm@mostvaluableplayer.biz
(410) 721-4203
In response to questions about directions and hotels in the area.

Directions:

From Route 50 Eastbound

Take Exit 24 (Rowe Blvd) on Rte. 50 towards downtown Annapolis. Turn left at second light for Taylor Avenue. Stay right to go onto Annapolis Street. Stay in the right lane and make a right at the first light onto King George Street. The stadium will be on your left and you can park at the field by taking your first left on King George Street.

From Route 50 Westbound

Take Exit 27A (Rte. 450) on Rte. 50 towards Annapolis/Naval Academy. Stay on Rte. 450 and go over the Naval Academy Bridge. Take a left at your second light past the Naval Academy Bridge to go onto King George Street. The stadium will be on your left and you can park at the field by taking your first left on King George Street.

HOTELS
Days Inn (Exit 22 off Rt. 50) $99/night includes breakfast
2451 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 224-4317

Comfort Inn (Furthest away, but right next to Rt. 50 and might be cheapest)
4500 Crain Highway
Bowie, MD 21037
(301) 464-0089

Country Inn and Suites
2600 Housley Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 571-6700

Radisson
210 Holiday Court
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 224-3150

Sheraton (Probably most expensive)
173 Jennifer Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 266-3131

Thanks

Al McCormick
(410) 721-4203
Appreciate everyone's support and patience with this:

Catchers: CLOSED
First Base: CLOSED
Middle Infield: 5 Slots
Third Base: 1 Slot
Outfielders: 8 Slots

Still looking for a few more pitchers. If you are a pitcher willing to take one of the other slots please not this will permit you the opportunity to participate in an additional game.

Register right away at www.mostvaluableplayer.biz or call me if you have any questions at (410) 721-4203.

Thank you,
Al McCormick
alm@mostvaluableplayer.biz
1. Although we are doing the pre-game infield/outfield and BP, to meet the NCAA DI ruling we are not doing a Pro-Style Workout.

2. The games begin at 10 and end at 8:00 PM

3. We have 4 games per day. We limit each team to 8 positional players per team which gives them plenty of at bats over the two games.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call at (410) 721-4203.

Thank you,
Al McCormick
Showcase Update:

Although I would gladly accept Pitchers, we are excited about the turn-out! Right now we have 37 pitchers.

We only have a need for two (2) Middle Infielders. Barring injury, all other positions are filled.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you are willing to come as a Pitcher only, the cost is reduced to $100.00 which includes the following:

1. Pitch in one game
2. Most Valuable Player will provide you a written evaluation identifying what you do well, what you need to work on, and what you can do to reduce your weaknesses.
3. At no additional cost we will forward an excerpt of your evaluation to college coaches we believe you can play at.

Please register right away at www.mostvaluableplayer.biz.
Thank you for the opportunity,
Al McCormick
(410) 721-4203
Al:

I don't think the participants could have asked for a nicer facility than the Naval Academy's Max Bishop Stadium to showcase themselves. Impressive is an understatement. The (2) game format was great, along with the coaches getting to see them take pre-game warm-up. I was most impressed by the willingness of the college coaches in attendance to answer questions about their programs. Some might have expected them to arrive, watch then leave, however, this was not the case. Nice job. Thank you…
My son attended this event and really enjoyed it. One thing about Al is he really cares for the kids. We traveled with him last summer to Florida and I got to see that over several days. My wife who did not make the trip to Florida but did make it to the academy made that exact comment about half way through the day. Al constantly is talking to all the players , encouraging them and congratulating them on good plays. Never once did I hear anything negative. He also works very hard for the players afterwards. Thanks AL!
Last edited by Shoeless Joe
I just woke up from getting my knee scoped (torn meniscus). Just when I thought I had a shot at dancing with the stars!

Thank you for your kind words.

I am notifying various colleges for all the seniors at this point and will have everyone's evaluations to most everyone next week (knee permitting).

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Al McCormick
(410) 721-4203

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.